What course or subject would you study in college or independently just for fun? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What course or subject would you study in college or independently just for fun?

That's what I've been thinking.....there isn't anything in college that teaches what I want to learn.

I wish we had gathering places where people who had the urge to teach what they know could come so I could listen and learn. I wonder if the internet will provide a place for that to happen one day. I know I can sign up for webinars and such....but I like the interactive dynamics of students asking questions and offering ideas. So far I haven't been able to find such a place on the web.

That's what I've been thinking.....there isn't anything in college that teaches what I want to learn.

I wish we had gathering places where people who had the urge to teach what they know could come so I could listen and learn. I wonder if the internet will provide a place for that to happen one day. I know I can sign up for webinars and such....but I like the interactive dynamics of students asking questions and offering ideas. So far I haven't been able to find such a place on the web.

Granted, it's not ideal, but I've had quite a bit of luck with youtube in this regard. I suppose it depends on what specifically you want to learn though.

Reactions: Kgal
Most of what everyone else said so far concerning language and social science. I would be a professional scholar if I could.
And sexology.
Because science is awesome, and sex is also awesome. That and it just seems like an interesting discipline.

e: Astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology, as well. The universe is fascinating and, I think, romantic in a holistic sense. It's the one thing that makes me do my mathematics homework, at least.

Last edited:
I have a degree in a subject that was fun (English). Maybe I'd go back for something I could make decent money in.

Reactions: rawr
I [strike]hate[/strike] dislike school. Is this making the assumption we wouldn't have to pay for it, and actually enjoyed it?

if so then,
Psychology - Behavioural Anaylsis, Quantitative Measures, Group interaction, etc. something that takes into account social analytics.

maybe Kinesiology in another life.

Currently studying IT, for context.

I would study wilderness survival skills… and maybe some sort of technical photography course or something… as long as it wasn't too expensive. I'd just like to know the basics and then continue on my own from there.

I don't think I'd actually spend money on another degree again-- it's too expensive and the returns are too low… even an M.A. is highly devalued at this point and I'm not going to get one just to say I have it. I wasn't exactly beaming with pride when I got my undergrad either… it wasn't exactly 'easy', it was just not interesting or challenging enough, it sucked all of the enjoyment out of learning, and to be honest I think it was a cash grab. To me it seems obvious that a lot of the professors are just collecting paychecks and working on getting published-- most of them find little enjoyment/inspiration in dealing with students and would probably rather not have to do it… and to be honest, I don't blame them-- college students are annoying.