What books/stories have made a difference in your life? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What books/stories have made a difference in your life?

Snippets from Plato, his writings on Socrates, Aristotle, Bacon, Rand and other philosophers.
Various books by CS Lewis, particularly the Screw Tape Letters.
Art of War by Sun Tzu.
The Bible, by assorted writers.
To Kill a Mocking Bird, by Harper Lee.
Heart of Darkness, by Conrad.
Psych Types and other things by Jung.
Various articles and writings on the internets.

Thats all that comes to mind at present. Its not very alternative stuff.

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace...probably the greatest mind of our generation, I think IJ will go down as one of the greatest works of fiction ever.
Philistine and Genius by Boris Sidis

The Waste Land by T. S. Elliot. While it's more poem than novel, it's the reason I'm so enamoured with literature.
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. There's a lot I dislike about her work but the idea that every person is master of their fate had a big impact on my life.
The Famous Five books by Enid Blyton. As a child, I had next to no friends and being able to share in the adventures of Julian, Dick, George, Ann and Timmy helped me through some difficult times.

Steppenwolf, Hesse -- graciously unfetters and illuminates the INFJ typology, as well as the desires and proclivities of mortal man
Mademoiselle de Maupin, Gautier (translated by Constantine) -- a pleasurable tale of ideal-seeking, adorned with lush, succulent prose

Reactions: Radiantshadow
I like a lot of French poetry within the surrealist movement. Inside of American literature I like Brautigan, Gregory Corso, and some of the comic writers among the Beats. I also like PG Wodehouse. That's wonderful writing!