fhtagn
Retired Staff
Oct 11, 2010
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
[video=youtube;xThFEizES6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xThFEizES6U[/video]

Part of me wanted to giggle at first just because of the appearance of the pants. But then I thought about it for a second, and after watching the full extent of what was going on in this video and hearing the way his father was speaking to him, I could not find it even remotely funny.

Do you find public humiliation an excusable form of punishment? I disagreed with the friend of mine who shared this with me. She thought it was hilarious and had been "laughing about it all morning" apparently and was taken quite aback when I basically said I thought that father was being a total douchebag and said she thinks this sort of thing would be on par or more effective than grounding these days. To which I replied that it made no sense to me to ground your kid for wearing pants too tight either. If you gave the money to your kid to buy the pants and you find them unacceptable and you give them money with the notion that what they buy must be acceptable by your "standards" whatever they are, then...make them return them. I see nothing good about approaching the situation in this sort of way and certainly nothing funny about it.

Sure, pants halfway down your boxers look pretty silly. It probably wouldn't have looked so awful once the kid put a shirt on though. IMO teenagers wear all kinds of weird shit, and you're gonna get this pissed about pants being too tight?

I dunno, I'm starting to feel like a freak here for thinking like this because so many other people apparently find this acceptable and even hilarious.

Last edited:
I'm not all emotional about it but the father does sound belittling. Dad's tone was nasty and overly loud to me. I think more along the lines of what kind of parent this guy is.

The kid seems kinda quiet and broken. I mean if the kid had made a mistake and gotten jeans too tight, I would think he would be more vocal about the whole thing and at least laughing. The other people who drifted through the scene had this hint of "if we all ignore his outburst, maybe he will stop" kinda behavior going on. When the female entered the scene she didn't say a thing or seem to acknowledge what was going on. Same with the young girl who went down the hall.

I would presume that this is a real "disciplinary" moment. It gives me the strong impression that the father has the demeanor of someone who would "whop some ass" and believes in striking those under his thumb.

Overall, I thought it was icky.

^^ agree. not amusing or purposeful.

where i live it's very common and acceptable for guys to wear skin tight jeans --- far far tighter than his.

I had an inkling sharing this here would make me feel less freakish for my reaction to this.

He looks like he went to my high school.

This is just really bad parenting. I don't find it funny, but some people might because of how dumb they will think the father is. A few might laugh at the guy, but really this seems to be a fairly common trend in some areas.

Also, I can't tell if the kid is laughing or crying at the end.

Seems like a fine method to me.

Dad's a dick and a control freak. Belittling your children from their mistakes stifles their individuality and represses self-expression. This would be an understandable reaction if the kid got caught stealing candy from the corner store or egging somebody's house. But for wearing skinny jeans? Really? Not only is he out of touch, but he's seriously overreacting. I feel sorry for the kid. And I don't find it funny AT ALL.

Reactions: SlowUpTake