[INFJ] - Were any of you initially mistyped as another type? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Were any of you initially mistyped as another type?

Yollie

Sep 15, 2020
MBTI
ESTJ
Enneagram
I know that INFJs might mistype as other types. I have heard that INFJs will mistype as INTJs, INTPs, or INFPs. I also have a hunch that INFJs might mistype as ENFJs since I have heard that INFJs are often mistaken for extroverts.

An employer made me take an MBTI assessment and I got INTJ.
That said, as a teenager, I scored a different type every time I took it... well pretty much :).
@Yollie are you comfortable with ESTJ? What made you join an INFJ forum?

I remember thinking I was INTJ because there have been times in my life where I just wanted to stay focused and productive, not insecure or focused on things that don't help me live a meaningful life. During those times I felt like the world was deeply unfair and I had no hope of ever experiencing what I wanted to out of life.

There were times I thought I was an INFP because I can be a good writer. I don't like calling myself a good writer but people have told me that this is a skill of mine within academic settings. I've tried to develop my skills in other areas but this is just unfortunately where I excel.

An employer made me take an MBTI assessment and I got INTJ.
That said, as a teenager, I scored a different type every time I took it... well pretty much :).
@Yollie are you comfortable with ESTJ? What made you join an INFJ forum?

Not sure if I am ESTJ, TBH. I am considering ESTJ, ENTJ, ISTJ, and INFJ. The thing is, while I am very emotionally expressive in the way that high Fe users tend to be, I do not value them in the same way. If anything, I have had trouble reading social cues and reading people, which could point towards low Fe. I am also quite detail-oriented and people say that I have a good memory. But I also am very imaginative and I will obsessively explore a topic, which could point to me preferring Ni over Si.

back in my highschool i typed as INFJ-A (this is the first result ive ever got ever since then i just accept it the fact that i am INFj-A)

yeah for sure did i know why i was typed as INFj (its long story..)
and not turbulent but HIGH Assertive INFJ (75% assertive lol, yea i got friend who is into mbti a lot and my friend is very jealous the fact that i have high assertive lol)

I resonate a lot for being INFj in the past but also at the same time i dont believe it that i am INFj (ive took several test and goes deep into mbti and even learned the freaking cognitive function just to make sure i am not INFJ) In the past i have high Ni and Fe Tendencies but now just high Ni and high in Ti (this is probs because i kept staying inside home due to quarantine for 4 months at that time)

but then again..

now meh idont really hook into mbti anymore now i am just focused on my plans for the future. I am just completely change ever since i moved to study overseas.

Conclusion:
Me in the past (Vision in Indonesia): OMG IM INFJ?! WHAT IS THAT EVEN MEAN?! WHAT I AM THE RAREST TYPE- OMG FINALLY SOMEONE CAN UNDERSTAND HOW I AM FEELING

Me now (Vision in New Zealand): yeah whatever.. ( i am basically being surrounded with ppl who never know what is mbti).

Me now (Vision in New Zealand): yeah whatever.. ( i am basically being surrounded with ppl who never know what is mbti).

You have ascended beyond the need to be special. +14 intellect

Like @Deleted member 16771 I came here thinking I was an INFJ.
tumblr_naseu75UfT1qdj6jko1_250.gif

Thus began my nonchalant attitude to MBTI, and just appreciating that it got my foot in the door here :D

I'm iesnftjp :m194:

I got intj on test. Then was typed infj, then was told I'm ISFP (lel), then got adopted by NTPs, (also got intp on a test at one point, but maybe that's coz I absorbed too many intps back then), the ones who don't know me still say I'm intj, but close ones tell me I'm infj. I can be anything I want to be depending on who I'm talking to. :m190:

In short, I'm just an alien roaming into this world. Got stranded coz of Covid. :m197:

p.s.
I really love these monkeys.

I've mentioned this in some places, but think it's relevant to this -- I had quite a tough time initially, and I think it's because by what I'd call more traditional "Big 5" terms, I'm not an extrovert by any means. I don't think one can really draw much of a relation between that type of extroversion and the e/i relevant to anything like a function-attitudes stacking (while it's sometimes done, I don't think it works well at all).

I more or less circled around types like INTP (Ti-dom) and "INT/FJ" where the latter is defined as something like an NiTi > F and S type-- whether you call it a "T" because it's T>F or an "INFJ" because it's Ti over Te is really terminology.

I think it probably helps a lot to look into enneagram to see if some things are better explained there, so you don't counfound too much -- I tend to be introspective, cerebral and fine-tuned as to what constitute my interests, so in a sense this gives me one type of direction and focus that reduces the extent to which spontaneity might affect my train of thought.... yet within the scope of those interests, I tend to exhibit exactly the scattered 'brainstorm and generate all the angles, leaping from this to that' playful thinking. It tends to play with a troubleshooting 6 mentality in me.

So basically, that's a bit of a nudge for people who might not have to consider Ne types if they haven't already done so.

I got here because an INTJ on a dating website sent me a message saying "INTJ! INTJ!" and was dead certain this was my type initially. I joined the forum and took the tests and didn't really relate to the INTJ archetypes.

People think I'm an INTP, INFJ, INFP, etc. I guess it depends on which of my posts they read first.