Well | INFJ Forum

Well

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
Well here is an interesting complex snafu. I recently took the MBTI test again. Once about 1 month ago and again just today. One month ago it said I was an INTJ and today (I took it twice, the second time modding answers just a bit) an ISTJ. Having read the description of ISTJ all I can think is...ah no. But the test says what it says.

INTJ makes sense to me. When I first took it, it said INFJ which made 75% sense to me. But ISTJ??? No.

So. Where do I go from here.

Well its interesting anyway.

You are probably just allowing your ideals of self bias against your actual innate preference.

ie. answering tests in terms of how you would like to feel/respond about/to a particular situation, instead of how you actually feel about the particular situation.

The test is only a preliminary indicator. Read over all the descriptions and choose which one sounds most like you. You could also try asking someone who knows you really well to choose between a few descriptions or answer some of the questions for you.

You could also look into Keirsey Temperament which uses the same categories but describes them in much more depth.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]
the fact that you frequently test to see what type you are indicates that you are in flux right now in your life - therefore i'm not surprised that you are getting different result.
may i respectfully suggest you wait to pinpoint it until you have spent some time 'trying' one type for an extended period of time?

one test in and of itself doesn't mean jack squat.

Don't worry about it. You and others know yourself way more than four arbitrary letters assigned on a given day,