Walter J. Palmer DDS, Lion Slayer | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Walter J. Palmer DDS, Lion Slayer

Finest qualities

• Total voters
Rich hunters paying tens of thousands of dollars to kill big game is an important source of income for Zimbabwe, a country that has been notoriously driven into the ground by a corrupt political class.

my issue is not with the Zimbabweans, although there is plenty of room for improvement among their leadership. My problem is with these rich men who believe that if they can pay for it and it is technically legal then why not kill one of only a 'few" that are left.

I would not be surprised if there was not a lucrative business in sneaking rich men into war zones and shoot people.

Is it really about rich men? Trophy hunting is simply fact at this point in Africa. The Africa government gets their share.
Isnt it more about the need, want, obsession or whatever that drives a person to kill for sport?

I know we are animals but we have the ability to see past our programming to something greater.

The truth be told is many of these animals will go extinct because of man. Theres simply no avoiding it.

he strikes me as a supreme narcissist who wants to brag to people back home that he kills big animals with a crossbow

What he no doubt doesn't mention is that he doesn't kill them with the bow, he wounds them, pursues them in an all terrain vehicle and then shoots them with a high power rifle

Meanwhile as the world gets upset over a lion more palestinean kids are gunned down by the israeli military and no one gives a fuck

People are insane; they're just as crazy as this kill happy prick

I don't support the guy or what he did, but I thought this Reuters article was interesting, and I bolded the parts that were of particular interest to me.

All this noise is less about the lion, and more about the media jumping at an opportunity to reiterate that Americans are assholes.

(This might be a good time for me to be offended. Hmm.)

Reactions: PintoBean
Most of the major airlines are now refusing to transport big game trophies.

I get what @Sriracha is feeling, one of my cousins on face book re-posted a pic asking why folks were all up in arms about an African Lion being killed but were indifferent to the woman in SF who was killed by an undocumented resident. (the guy had multiple felonious priors and had been deported many times).

But I will say that if it become socially unacceptable to hunt endangered species that may lead to their survival.

Human society become a great society because we flourished off of our agricultural skills. The "Fertile Crescent" was called that not because animals bred like rabbits, but because it could grow any crop the natives planted and needed for their survival. Fast forward several thousands of years and people somehow think it's macho to go hunting and we "need meat" for some reason, or that it's the foundation of our civilization.

Cecil had more right to live than the dip-shit(s) who shot him. Scientifically and mathematically, humans should be the ones systematically hunted and culled for the survival of the rest of the planet, not the animals we deem as "nuisances".

When I first saw these news I thought the guy is a well off, bored middle class fucktard honkey, and I still think that, but the lynch campaign that formed around him and his family is quite ridiculous. Why the hell is suddenly everyone giving so many fucks about a lion nobody has heard of before, when so many animals are getting poached all the time.

ok, rich white women as well

CL78y8VW8AE3X7P.jpg

It's like a giant deer that can't hide and just stands there.

Thats what I thought. Very similar to going to someone's farm and hunting the elusive domesticated cow...

I'm not going to call someone out for caring about what happened to Cecil. That being said, there are much bigger issues that are much less comfortable to think and talk about, like how people are starving and have terrible water and living conditions all over. If you care about an animal, all power to you.

I just want to know how the lion is supposed to eat straw and lay down with the calf if you shoot him. One could hunt big game with tranquilizers and tag them with rfid and take those awesome trophy pics, and fences could be made to keep them out. Of course, that's probably pretty far off.

I'm not going to call someone out for caring about what happened to Cecil. That being said, there are much bigger issues that are much less comfortable to think and talk about, like how people are starving and have terrible water and living conditions all over. If you care about an animal, all power to you.

I just want to know how the lion is supposed to eat straw and lay down with the calf if you shoot him. One could hunt big game with tranquilizers and tag them with rfid and take those awesome trophy pics, and fences could be made to keep them out. Of course, that's probably pretty far off.

Most people care about more than one thing. Where people suddenly direct their energy in one big burst is what's interesting.