[INFJ] - Visions, Daydreams, etc. | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Visions, Daydreams, etc.

rachelbaker99

Regular Poster
Jun 14, 2014
MBTI
infj
This is part of the profile for the INFJ on personalitypage.com:

"They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. As an extreme example, some INFJs report experiences of a psychic nature, such as getting strong feelings about there being a problem with a loved one, and discovering later that they were in a car accident. This is the sort of thing that other types may scorn and scoff at, and the INFJ themself does not really understand their intuition at a level which can be verbalized. Consequently, most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it."

I often know things without knowing how or why I know them. I also sometimes have elaborate daydreams, fantasies, or just brief visions of some concept or image, if that makes any sense. (For example, the other day out of nowhere I started to picture myself running through a grassy, stormy pasture with a herd of wild bison.)

I was just wondering if anyone else has anything like that they would like to share. :) I think it's nice to have a place where other people will understand or appreciate the inner INFJ world.

Reactions: muir
It's one of those things....if you were walking down the road one day and you saw a UFO this would probably radically change the way you viewed the world. You might begin to seek more answers regarding such matters

However if you told others of your experience but you didn't mange to get the event on film then the majority of people will probably doubt your story. Some might even doubt your sanity. Certainly some will log you in their mind as a possible liar or perhaps delusional and this will in turn then affect how they behave towards you

I'm just using UFO's as an example because they're something that everyone is familiar with. The point being that however truthful your account is there will always be people who doubt it.

People perceive what they want to perceive

There is a saying: ''never try to explain yourself, your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway!''

There is a lot of truth in that in the sense that people who have decided they don't like you are far less likely to see your accounts as credible. This is an interesting thing about people.....they let their subjective views colour their perceptions of reality and of people

Sometimes people will support a false version of the truth because it is coming from someone they like. Conversely they will also discount truthful accounts because they come from someone they don't like

This is a major obstacle for many in terms of developing a relationship with the truth and it is one of the reasons that the world is so out of whack!

So concerning psychic events...yeah....i get premonitions and hunches and i also get synchronicities but i don't tend to tell people about them in the same way that i would be very careful who i spoke to if i saw a UFO!

What i should be more disciplined about is keeping a diary of such events and also dreams as well...i'm not good at doing that and should work on it!

Some people are looking for an excuse to see you in a bad light and what you say can become ammunition for them in attacking you

So i think INFJ's end up keeping a lot of things to themselves. Because they process information differently to most people it is likely that they might already be peceived as a bit odd without telling people on top of that that they have had psychic, deeply inutitive or strangely synchronicitous experiences

So i think INFJ's end up keeping a lot of things to themselves. Because they process information differently to most people it is likely that they might already be peceived as a bit odd without telling people on top of that that they have had psychic, deeply inutitive or strangely synchronicitous experiences

So true - I feel like I already have a hard enough time getting people to understand me, without telling them "Oh, hey, I had a dream about you last night" or "Woah, I imagined you saying that exact thing a few days ago, and the vision was associated with toilet paper, so it makes sense that we're in the bathroom. People just don't seem to follow me. xD

So true - I feel like I already have a hard enough time getting people to understand me, without telling them "Oh, hey, I had a dream about you last night" or "Woah, I imagined you saying that exact thing a few days ago, and the vision was associated with toilet paper, so it makes sense that we're in the bathroom. People just don't seem to follow me. xD

lol

yeah!

There are a number of people on this forum who will be able to relate to what you are talking about but don't worry if you get the odd person who is rude to you

Some people just will not get it and might even be hostile towards things they don't understand

Sadly one of the best things an INFJ can equip themself with in this life is a tougher skin!

On the plus side if you are yourself regardless then you will draw likeminded people to you.

Just don't let the naysayers get you down :)

Carl Jung speaks about native peoples who felt they were guided through these things you speak about and through dreams as well. They weren't distracted like us by modern distractions so they were very in touch with that side of their nature and would listen to it....they cultivated their connection with it

It's an odd thing and it points to our relationship wth this reality being of a different nature to that which say current mainstream science paradigms might have us believe

Carl Jung speaks about native peoples who felt they were guided through these things you speak about and through dreams as well. They weren't distracted like us by modern distractions so they were very in touch with that side of their nature and would listen to it....they cultivated their connection with it

It's an odd thing and it points to our relationship wth this reality being of a different nature to that which say current mainstream science paradigms might have us believe

I really should read more about Carl Jung. After I took the tests I thought "I bet the guy who made this was an INFJ" and apparently he was! And it sounds like a lot of stuff he said was very insightful and true.

I have always wished I could grow up in a more natural environment, or a place where people embrace the nature around them. It seems like so many people want to believe humans are completely above or outside the workings of nature. But usually I feel the best way to feel content and free is to immerse myself in a natural environment, away from all the sounds of man-made things. I like to feel a part of nature. I don't enjoy visiting the zoo because I would rather come across the animal in its natural habitat. I don't like to be constrained in my location or lifestyle. I feel I am suited for a more nomadic lifestyle.

I really should read more about Carl Jung. After I took the tests I thought "I bet the guy who made this was an INFJ" and apparently he was! And it sounds like a lot of stuff he said was very insightful and true.

I keep saying to myself that i should read more Jung as well but the only problem is that he is incredibly dry!

His book 'Man and His Symbols' was written in collaboration with non scientific people so it is a bit more accessible

It's never good when reading something if it makes your head hurt!

Orwell said that good prose should be like a window pane (ie it should be clear and i agree!)

I don't know with Jung if something is lost in translation or if the mind when lost in the rarified air of the scientific stratosphere just becomes more.....dense...i don't know...but its heavy reading anyway! Which is a shame because Jung was a genius

I have always wished I could grow up in a more natural environment, or a place where people embrace the nature around them. It seems like so many people want to believe humans are completely above or outside the workings of nature. But usually I feel the best way to feel content and free is to immerse myself in a natural environment, away from all the sounds of man-made things. I like to feel a part of nature. I don't enjoy visiting the zoo because I would rather come across the animal in its natural habitat. I don't like to be constrained in my location or lifestyle. I feel I am suited for a more nomadic lifestyle.

I agree that we are encouraged to think of ourselves as seperate from nature when we are nature!

We are shown programmes like the ones by Bear Grylls which although entertaining show nature as something hostile and to be escaped from when really its what we came from and are in essence

I don't lke zoos either...i've seen some pretty depressing sites in zoos in some parts of the world where there aren't any protections in place for the animals

Also i don't like the relentless tagging of animals. People might say ''we do it to monitor the animals and their population numbers'' but really what we need to do is to stop destroying their habitats as then we wouldn't need to mointor their numbers! It's almost like we are really monitoring their destruction

Yeah i'm defnately feeling a pull to nature. I'm going to try and do some voluntary work with groups involved in permaculture with a view to developing my own patch at some point, but first I need to learn the knowledge that was given to our ancestors but denied to us!

Orwell said that good prose should be like a window pane (ie it should be clear and i agree!)

I don't know with Jung if something is lost in translation or if the mind when lost in the rarified air of the scientific stratosphere just becomes more.....dense...i don't know...but its heavy reading anyway! Which is a shame because Jung was a genius

That is a shame! I'll try to find something that doesn't make my head hurt. xD

I live in Columbus, and I think our zoo is rated number 1 in the country or the world. I like to know what kinds of animals are out there and to see them, but I guess I wish people would go to more effort to travel to those places if they want to see new animals and new things, rather than bringing them all the way out of their own habitat just to raise awareness of them. If we weren't taking away all their resources in the first place, we wouldn't have to worry about all these species being endangered for gross, unnecessary habitat destruction. And mistreatment of animals just makes me sick. I haven't considered vegetarianism or anything like that before now because I'm sure my parents would have hated it. But in the future I'll probably try to buy meat only from local providers or places where they have some sort of system in place to make sure they are keeping their animals in good conditions and not just mass-slaughter and depravity.

That is a shame! I'll try to find something that doesn't make my head hurt. xD

Sorry i didn't mean to put you off Jung! Besides you might find it easier to understand than i do so don't rely on my view!

I mentioned the 'Man and his symbols' book because it has stuff about dreams and visions and thought you might find that interesting

I live in Columbus, and I think our zoo is rated number 1 in the country or the world. I like to know what kinds of animals are out there and to see them, but I guess I wish people would go to more effort to travel to those places if they want to see new animals and new things, rather than bringing them all the way out of their own habitat just to raise awareness of them. If we weren't taking away all their resources in the first place, we wouldn't have to worry about all these species being endangered for gross, unnecessary habitat destruction. And mistreatment of animals just makes me sick. I haven't considered vegetarianism or anything like that before now because I'm sure my parents would have hated it. But in the future I'll probably try to buy meat only from local providers or places where they have some sort of system in place to make sure they are keeping their animals in good conditions and not just mass-slaughter and depravity.

When zoos were set up people could only learn about animals from other parts of the world from drawings, paintings and eye witness accounts but nowadays we have some pretty amazing nature documentaries so perhaps zoos have outlived their usefullness

Treating injured animals i think should be done with a view to rehabilitating them back into the wild

I like the idea of going vegan but at the moment i'm a meat eater! On a conscious level though i can understand the sense in society eating less meat because the farming process uses up resources and also a plant based diet is said to have certain health benefits

I live in Scotland though and it can get pretty cold in the winter...so how do you get the calories as a vegan? i don't know!

Sorry i didn't mean to put you off Jung! Besides you might find it easier to understand than i do so don't rely on my view!

I mentioned the 'Man and his symbols' book because it has stuff about dreams and visions and thought you might find that interesting

When zoos were set up people could only learn about animals from other parts of the world from drawings, paintings and eye witness accounts but nowadays we have some pretty amazing nature documentaries so perhaps zoos have outlived their usefullness

Treating injured animals i think should be done with a view to rehabilitating them back into the wild

I like the idea of going vegan but at the moment i'm a meat eater! On a conscious level though i can understand the sense in society eating less meat because the farming process uses up resources and also a plant based diet is said to have certain health benefits

I live in Scotland though and it can get pretty cold in the winter...so how do you get the calories as a vegan? i don't know!

Ahh the 'Man and his Symbols' does sound interesting!

I totally agree with what you said about rehabilitating animals and returning them to the wild.

You live it Scotland??? That's so cool. I've always wanted to visit over there.

And I don't think going vegan would be healthy for me in that respect considering I'm trying to get rid of an eating disorder.

Reactions: muir
Ahh the 'Man and his Symbols' does sound interesting!

It's an 'ahh ha' kind of book....as you're reading it you have lots of 'ah haaa' moments where something falls into place and the picture becomes clearer

I totally agree with what you said about rehabilitating animals and returning them to the wild.

It should be the same for people. Prisons shouldn't be sweat shops or punishment blocks...they should be SCHOOLS!

Some people would say that is 'bleeding heart liberalism' but actually it is just pragmatic because the figures show that many of the people in prisons have low numeracy and literacy rates

If you can't read, write or do arithmatic this is going to exclude you somewhat from society and lower job prospects! So prisoners should be evaluated when they enter prison to find where they are at in terms of literacy and numeracy and the put into the education process at the right level for them

The process should run from the ABC's right the way upto higher education level. There should be no stigma attached to what level a person enters at. If a person is in long enough or at a high enough level they could try for qualifications whether skills based or academic that will then enable them to find gainful employment beyond prison

This has two major effects....one they are given a future and two they are given self esteem...anyway...i'm off on a tangent!

You live it Scotland??? That's so cool. I've always wanted to visit over there.

You should, just make sure you pack a raincoat! Edinburgh during August is quite a cool time as there is a massive arts festival with comedy, theatre, circus acts, storytelling etc etc. The whole city becomes one giant festival venue with lots of street based performers

And I don't think going vegan would be healthy for me in that respect considering I'm trying to get rid of an eating disorder.

Yeah...this is part of the proces isn't it? Finding out which of our ideas are viable and which are pie in the sky!

I completely agree with your views on prison. I mean, I don't believe in prison at all, because I don't believe in taking away people's individual freedoms. But if the system could be gradually changed from a mandatory lock-up to a voluntary educational service, that would be pretty freaking awesome.

The biggest festival atmosphere I've experienced around here is the Dublin Irish Festival. I love seeing people's personal artwork and craftsmanship.

I completely agree with your views on prison. I mean, I don't believe in prison at all, because I don't believe in taking away people's individual freedoms. But if the system could be gradually changed from a mandatory lock-up to a voluntary educational service, that would be pretty freaking awesome.

The biggest festival atmosphere I've experienced around here is the Dublin Irish Festival. I love seeing people's personal artwork and craftsmanship.

Cool! yeah the Irish love the craic

Prison numbers could be cut in a single move by decriminalising drugs and seeing drug addiction as a malady of the soul rather than a punishable offence

We should form the INFJ political party and put this stuff in our manifesto! We'll have this world sorted out in no time! Lol

That has always bothered me. That's right girl! We are nature :)

We are no more special than the animals we keep in captivity and slaughter. Yet we act like we're more important. As a species we are on such a high level of moral hypocrisy towards our world. Stuff like this is something I think about but I can't do much. I'm not a vegetarian. I'm not a political activist. I'll try my best to eat organic and resent the meat industry. But I know it doesn't count for much.

It's easy enough to hear what's wrong and to see what's wrong. It's easy to vocalize how upset and disgusted we are with how our species treats other animals and the planet. But changing what we do is hard. Our lives are comfortable the way they are. If we make these radical changes we will be socially ostracized. We will stand out.

I just avoid getting involved too seriously. But I'd like to :)

I know. Standing up against the elitist way our species treats the world we live in is risky. It's perhaps the most controversial stance you can take. Civil rights is small potatoes compared to this stuff. We subjugate and mistreat members of our own species. We gotta treat each other so much better before we're ready to truly change the way we as a species treat this planet and its creatures!

I take the stance but pretty damn silently. For me it's about aspiring to one day live in harmony with this planet and its creatures. I know I'm not strong enough to make enough of a difference to change the way the world works. At least I can one day be true to myself :)

That has always bothered me. That's right girl! We are nature :)

We are no more special than the animals we keep in captivity and slaughter. Yet we act like we're more important. As a species we are on such a high level of moral hypocrisy towards our world. Stuff like this is something I think about but I can't do much. I'm not a vegetarian. I'm not a political activist. I'll try my best to eat organic and resent the meat industry. But I know it doesn't count for much.

It's easy enough to hear what's wrong and to see what's wrong. It's easy to vocalize how upset and disgusted we are with how our species treats other animals and the planet. But changing what we do is hard. Our lives are comfortable the way they are. If we make these radical changes we will be socially ostracized. We will stand out.

I just avoid getting involved too seriously. But I'd like to :)

I know. Standing up against the elitist way our species treats the world we live in is risky. It's perhaps the most controversial stance you can take. Civil rights is small potatoes compared to this stuff. We subjugate and mistreat members of our own species. We gotta treat each other so much better before we're ready to truly change the way we as a species treat this planet and its creatures!

I take the stance but pretty damn silently. For me it's about aspiring to one day live in harmony with this planet and its creatures. I know I'm not strong enough to make enough of a difference to change the way the world works. At least I can one day be true to myself :)

You're so right!!

My problem is, sometimes I get so weighed down with all the ways things go bad that I feel exhausted. But then I remember it's about what the individual person does and believes in, that's all that matters. :)