Very general MBTI for those who are stuck! | INFJ Forum

Very general MBTI for those who are stuck!

justeccentricnotinsane

Community Member
Oct 7, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
http://www.wzsn.net/mbti.html

This is literally four questions. You read the descriptions and decide who you are. Probably unhelpful for most but all my tests were coming out differently and by reading this I found out why: I'm only just an INFJ I would say. The F and J are marginal with me. They win over T and P only by maybe a couple of factors. So this might be good if you're in a similar position.

Everyone else seems to know how to do this - but how do you type others? Without asking them to take the test! This concept seems very familiar ... I think I may have seen a book on this. Please enlighten me - can't wait to do this! :D

Everyone else seems to know how to do this - but how do you type others?

With great difficulty and care, to type yourself accurately can take much time and introspection, therefore typing other people is unlikely to be accurate or useful. It's also impossible for an outsider to determine whether a person is displaying their true type or just displaying the behaviour of a certain type.

So all the people that know what their co-workers, family members, friends, etc. are, know so because those people have identified themselves as such?

If you know someone intimately well, then you can make a pretty good guess but even then you're still guessing.

I would say guesses of coworkers types are bound to be wildly inaccurate.

Those people that say they know all those people's types are just guessing, they can't know for sure. People display all sorts of behaviours for all sorts of reasons unrelated to type.

If you know someone intimately well, then you can make a pretty good guess but even then you're still guessing.

I would say guesses of coworkers types are bound to be wildly inaccurate.

Those people that say they know all those people's types are just guessing, they can't know for sure. People display all sorts of behaviours for all sorts of reasons unrelated to type.

I disagree i have anaylzed about 15 people now and i have gotten 13 of them right the first time. the other 2 were people i watched from McCafe observing their social patterns.

If you completly study the topic in a general sense than i feel that you dont have to guess because i not only have a hunch but i say to myself "that person is: deffintly an e and an f and the ones im not sure about like n or p i would keep observing but never try to go into the details. after one hour of obsserving i am almost always right.

I feel this doesnt come from "guessing" but from my strong intuition, deep understanding in people and complete knowledge of the subject.

I disagree i have anaylzed about 15 people now and i have gotten 13 of them right the first time. the other 2 were people i watched from McCafe observing their social patterns.

If you completly study the topic in a general sense than i feel that you dont have to guess because i not only have a hunch but i say to myself "that person is: deffintly an e and an f and the ones im not sure about like n or p i would keep observing but never try to go into the details. after one hour of obsserving i am almost always right.

I feel this doesnt come from "guessing" but from my strong intuition, deep understanding in people and complete knowledge of the subject.
Mitch, I understand what you are saying. I think the point that Quinlan is making is that you are just guessing, until the person in question has confirmed their type.

You may very well have been right guessing the type(s), but until it was confirmed by the individual it was just a guess, albeit an educated guess.

Mitch, I understand what you are saying. I think the point that Quinlan is making is that you are just guessing, until the person in question has confirmed their type.

You may very well have been right guessing the type(s), but until it was confirmed by the individual it was just a guess, albeit an educated guess.

I understand that grammaticly he is correct to say that guess is
1a.To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.
b. To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.
2. To form a correct estimate or conjecture of: guessed the answer.

But i do have enough suffcient information. There body languae, microtells, choice of words, appearance, reactions to diffrent things, their mood they are in and 100's maybe even 1000's of other things that my subconsious mind collects. Is this not suffcient information? Is it not just because i dont have a S version of proof that my N proof is incorrect. I have much suffceint infromation its just not the type of infrormation that can be completly grasped but still is correct. Its intuitive infromation.

Last edited:
I'm an S, I have no trust in the reliability of intuitive guesses.

There are many people who are unsure of their type, how would you go about confirming your guesses with these people?

External behaviours come and go depending on surroundings, I find it hard to believe that you have insight into the deepest parts of other people's private natures.

Last edited:
I got to go to work right now but this challange that you have given me will be a great way to stimulate my mind. I will reply to you in 12 hours after work after writting a detailed explanation of how i use my inuitive facts to know an answer before it's sensationally proven.

I have speculated about other people, it can be quite apparent when some one is NOT something (for example not an idealist!)

It just seemed with the way people on this forum spoke of others with so much confidence of their type, that there was a specific method they were using to do so.

I think what Mitch said, apart from being intuitive, just having an excellent understanding/ complete knowledge of the subject allows you to type others.

Interesting discussion. I usually have a good judge of character (that's my N right? I don't know enough about the subject) and can amaze my friends by picking the person in the crowd I most want to know almost immediately after walking into the room. With boyfriends I have picked out of a crowded room, my friends are impressed that I can pick "gems" out of so many options. The way I do it is similar to what Mitch said. I am shallow and will look for the best looking person but then it'll be a matter of eliminating the unsuitable people so I don't always go for the best looking person in the room. I get a gut reaction but I also pick up on the clothes they're wearing, the way they hold themselves, the way they interact with others and the way they behave. I know before I approcah someone that we're going to get along and I won't approach them if I don't "feel" I know that for sure.

However, I believe this is a process that I've learned. I was a very unsociable child (not interested in most people) and when I did choose to speak with people I often got myself involved with people that weren't the best choice of peer for me. By secondary school I tended to make closest friends with the right people for me but still ended up in the wrong crowd from time to time. When I was a late teen I went through a phase of being cripplingly shy and during this time I believe I learned to observe people carefully (probably from having being burned before) and since that time my intuition has been a lot better. Although I do tend to trust it above all else and this is not always a good thing because I am still occasionally wrong and dismiss people who I later find out I like.

So I think this intuition thing is a learned process that some are better than others at. Some are also less likely to trust it. Intuition itself is an educated guess based on the things we have unconsiously learned about others in previous experiences but I think that when it comes down to something as detailed as type, guessing almost goes against the theory itself. I know several people who would describe me as an extrovert (based on my actions) and as many others that would describe me as an introvert. I behave very differently depending on the situation. And as the theory states, under certain circumstances, people will act according to their "shadow type" which I see myself doing often. This tends to mean that only my closest friends know the real me and everybody else frequently gets the wrong end of the stick, even acting surprised when I forget myself and do something that is inherently "me". Type is a very private thing. I think it's possible to type your closest friends and family but from a distance you are basing it only on intuition which can only give you so much information.