Veganism and Cannibalism | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Veganism and Cannibalism

I figure, they're already dead by the time they get to me.
I'm not going to let meat go to waste.
For one thing, there are people who would give anything for a piece of meat that some would have me leave be.

And, I know that if I was an animal and I got killed, I would rather be eaten by someone/thing so I could have a scrap of dignity of death instead of having my entrails on show.

yeah, but by eating it, you are maintaining the demand for meat, so in the future more animals will be killed to service your appetite. so there is some validity in rejecting meat altogether. if enough people do it, the industry will be forced to shut down.

relevance to the morality of animal killing and cannibalism?

These posts are missing the point, just a wee bit.

^ no relevance, just felt like extrapolating on a related issue

Alright, just making sure I wasn't misunderstanding something.

I just felt like reopening this debate, because I didn't reply last time.

So,
You have a perfectly valid point in what you are saying May, but you said it yourself, enough people have to stop eating meat for it to make a difference, and considering the fact that people won't give up things that are bad for them without a fight, (drugs, alcohol, smoking), getting enough people to give up meat is just about impossible.

Just going to add here, I am in no way supportive of the crap they do to animals to sate our appetite, just expressing a point.

There are tribes where cannibalism is acceptable. You eat who you kill.
We don't eat peoples in our society because we got the Lord. Ha. No, the cultural meme of our society is that humankind is the pinnacle of existence in God's creation and therefore, the most sacred. Even people who don't believe in a religion maintain the residue of this. Uh, even besides that cannibalism is probably not widely practiced because humans are such social animals that we rely on one another to live. (Religion probably serves to reinforce that concept since people have grown more competitive than collective in our living.)

While it is possible to eat a completely plant-based diet [ with no animals involved], it is not possible to eat a completely meat based diet [with no plants involved]. If you are a meat eater, you are either eating a plant-eating creature or a carnivore that eats other creatures, and somewhere down the line of the animal food chain there will be an animal who has eaten a plant that indirectly effecting your diet.
What do you think nourishes plant life? Dead flesh factors in there.

I prefer to not consume animals because I think they are treated extremely horribly in the process leading up to consumption.

If I knew how to hunt and lived off the land, I would certainly hunt for food.
Animals provide good sustenence, our bodies are structured to gain sustenence from them.
By eating a certain animal, our species is keeping the balance of life in check.. balancing overpopulation of one species..

At least, that's the way it's supposed to be. Nowadays, it is not. We are living off balance by exercising a tyranical attitude towards nature. MF referred to respect in the process of consuming a living thing. I don't think there is any respect in our culture's process of making animals into food.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong in eating animals, it's just that agribusiness is very unpalatable to my ideals. mmmyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barnabas
First of all: a lot of vegetarian eat Seitan. Pronounced like 'Satan'.

If that isn't enough, there are numerous Vegetarian brands that are named in satanic lore, such as "Morningstar" a very popular vegetarian name brand.

Morningstar is also another name for Lucifer.

Morning Star is not a another name for lucifer, it's represents the King of Babylon. That story does not represent Satan's fall from Heaven.