[PAX] - User Suspended for Spouting baseless accusations | INFJ Forum

[PAX] User Suspended for Spouting baseless accusations

Stu

Town Drunkard
Donor
Oct 30, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
I love how the governor shot him down in that video.

These people should realize that they would have a lot more credibility if they didn't blame absolutely everything on the government.
They're basically the new street preachers, because they use all of the same tactics-- impassioned speech, apocalyptic notions, extreme self-righteousness, etc. They both want you to 'wake up' and realize that they're right-- the only difference is that they're doing it with politics instead of religion.

reubenisrael.jpg

Seriously-- compare what this guy is doing to what Alex Jones is doing and you'll see that there are quite a few similarities.

Last edited:
Reactions: gd65h8as7
Like the governor, who is in on the bombing, would admit it. This just proves that the gov did it.

basically muir is a victor the thought police.

Like the governor, who is in on the bombing, would admit it. This just proves that the gov did it.

Oh shi-
Why aren't people getting angry about this?

I say we bomb the CIA.

Let's execute the current regime everytime a tragedy occurs. That'll solve everything.

Reactions: Nixie
553044_478425582230359_1468822004_n.jpg

This is the sort of thing that goes to the heart of it.

We have a propensity to do two things, ignore the physical world when it seems to act with consciousness, and make up narratives to explain phenomena.

The button downed, lifeless response to any coincidence is that there is no meaning intended or to be derived other than that two or more events occurred in the same space and time, or nearly.

Of course there are many other ways to interpret coincidences.

The interpretation inferred by this poster is that the above coincidences demonstrate a maleficent, over arching design being carried out by agents and agencies.

This interpretation is mostly materialistic and depends on solid "physical" evidence. Even a casual look at the evidence propounders of these interpretations shows they are full of holes and misinterpretations.

Just start at the top with the 9/11 event

http://www.boston.com/news/packages/sept11/anniversary/wire_stories/0903_plane_exercise.htm

boston globe.JPG
I do not subscribe to the idea that all coincidences are meaningless, there is a synchronicity at work or at play in our interaction with objective reality, but it is not (In my opinion) what the "truthers" would believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trifoilum
Now, now, have mercy, guys. :|

I just read an interesting perspective;
Some people are just so struck at the baseless, pointless evil that's happening in this world that..well, they'd chose to weave it into a complex narrative that this is all deliberate.

I find it interesting, and in some ways, understandable.

Reactions: Stu
Reactions: the
The Daily Mail is the trashiest of the trash. As a source of unbiased news, it's up there with a KKK pamphlet. If it became a strong proponent of evolution, I would consider it proof for creationism.

Basically, it's worse than Fox news.

ok, but what about the article itself, where are the flaws?

http://nowmynews.blogspot.com/2013/04/conspiracy-theorists-claim-boston-was.html [h=3]Conspiracy theorists claim Boston was 'false flag' attack arranged by the government[/h]
Conspiracy theorists started forming their theories about the Boston marathon bombings just hours after the attack, as they claimed the explosions were set up by American government forces.

In the first press conference following the fatal explosions that left three dead and 176 injured, a conservative blogger asked whether it was a 'false flag staged attack'.

False flag attacks are instances where governments are thought to have arranged a violent incident- theoretically like Monday's bombing- in order to scare its citizens into handing over controls to the federal authorities.

article-2309762-1950DE86000005DC-982_634x387.jpg

Runners continue to run towards the finish line of the Boston Marathon as an explosion erupts near the finish line

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE

Man asks MA Governor if marathon attack was a false flag
video-undefined-1953C808000005DC-137_290x163.jpg

Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick flatly denied the claim, though that has not stopped conspiracy theorists from finding supposed proof that they believe backs up an alternate version of events.

Dan Bidondi of right-wing site InfoWars posited the loaded question, implying that the bombing was designed to increase federal authority.

'Why were the loud speakers telling people in the audience to be calm moments before the bombs went off? Is this another false flag staged attack to take our civil liberties and promote homeland security while sticking their hands down our pants on the streets?' Mr Bidondi said.

Though Democratic governor Patrick flatly denied the implication and moved on to the next question, that didn't stop conservative bloggers from running with the theory.
article-2309966-19507FE0000005DC-554_634x335.jpg

The second of two explosions rocked the last 1050 yards of the Boston Marathon course, sending shrapnel into the crowd, severing limbs, and ending lives

article-2310029-1953C792000005DC-751_306x423.jpg

article-2310029-1953C7A6000005DC-657_306x423.jpg

Conspiracy theorists: Dan Bidondi (left) asked Governor Deval Patrick about the possibility of a false flag attack while fellow InfoWars writer Alex Jones (right) continued to push the theory throughout the day

article-2310029-1953BBF4000005DC-621_634x243.jpg

Wheels turning: InfoWars founder Alex Jones pushed the 'false flag' theory

The sole alleged piece of evidence supporting the false flag theory is that several witnesses said that there was a recording over the loudspeaker just moments before the explosions that asked spectators to ‘keep calm’ and other reports that bomb sniffing dogs were used at the start of the race for a supposed training exercise. Neither detail has been confirmed by investigators.

Alex Jones, the controversial radio show host and 9/11 Truther who runs InfoWars and gained a national audience after having an on-air meltdown during an interview with Piers Morgan, followed Bidondi's lead and took to Twitter.

'Our hearts go out to those that are hurt or killed #Boston marathon - but this thing stinks to high heaven #falseflag,' he wrote.

False flag attacks derive from nautical military strikes, where the crew on a ship would change the national flag to that of a friendly nation in order to approach its target and then attack.

article-2310029-19495FD3000005DC-856_634x423.jpg

Prior claims: Other conspiracy theorists believed that the Sandy Hook shooting was designed by the government in order to help them pass stricter gun control laws

Now instead of limiting its use to naval warfare, conspiracy theorists apply it to any situation where a terrible act could be used by the perpetrators to influence a change in policy based off public outcry following the tragedy.

Prior to yesterday's Boston bombing, the most recent example was the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

Gun rights advocates posited that the attack that left 20 children and six educators dead was planned by Obama administration officials in order to shore up support for stricter gun regulation.

The conspiracy theorists have been able to disseminate their version of events largely because the federal authorities are still trying to compile theirs.

article-2310029-1950F092000005DC-863_634x348.jpg

Different kind of flags: The term 'false flag' comes from nautical warfare, where an attacker would use the flag of a friendly nation to trick the target into allowing them to approach

No formal suspects have been identified, though the revelation that one of the bombs was located inside a pressure cooker- which is a preferred weapon of al-Qaeda terrorists and listed as the 'most effective' weapon of jihad, according to in an English language terror magazine- hinting that the perpetrator may be foreign.

So far no terror groups have claimed responsibility. The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood denied any connection to the attack, instead suggesting that it was an anti-Islam conspiracy at work.

Boston police are working with the FBI and are calling for the public’s help in searching for the suspect, asking for any pictures or video taken near the finish line at around the time of the explosion to be sent in for analysis.

ok, but what about the article itself, where are the flaws?

I don't go sifting through trash in the hopes of finding treasure.

I don't go sifting through trash in the hopes of finding treasure.
let's hope your possible future spouse does not feel the same way

Reactions: Cornerstone
let's hope your possible future spouse does not feel the same way

Just when I was beginning to have faith in human kind again, you say something so cruel and hurtful. Why Stu, why?

because I am trying to have a meaningful dialogue on an important issue to me and my relationship to this forum and you are being a .....

http://mediamatters.org/mobile/blog/2013/04/16/alex-jones-and-his-enablers/193647

Following the April 15 bombings at the Boston Marathon, radio host Alex Jones was quick to suggest the attacks may have been a "false flag" operation staged by the U.S. government. Jones' reaction is far from surprising; he has made a career out of pushing outlandish conspiracy theories. Among other conspiracies, Jones has blamed the U.S. government for perpetrating, coordinating, or otherwise being involved in the 9-11 attacks, the Aurora movie theater shooting, the Sandy Hook elementary school massacre, the Oklahoma City bombing, and the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster. But despite Jones' well-known history, he is regularly validated by conservative media figures, politicians, and prominent activists that frequent his program, as well as by right-wing websites that promote his work and mainstream outlets that host him on their networks.
In recent years, former Rep. Ron Paul and current Sen. Rand Paul; Fox News figures Lou Dobbs and Andrew Napolitano; gun activists Ted Nugent and Larry Pratt; and climate misinformer Marc Morano have all repeatedly appeared on Jones' show. His immensely popular website Infowars is also frequently promoted by conservative websites like The Drudge Report.
Shortly following the April 15 Boston attacks, Jones tweeted that "our hearts go out to those that are hurt or killed," but added that "this thing stinks to high heaven" and suggested it was a "false flag" operation.
On a special webcast of his show that aired the night of April 15, Jones elaborated on his suggestion, saying, "You saw them stage Fast and Furious. Folks, they staged Aurora, they staged Sandy Hook. The evidence is just overwhelming. And that's why I'm so desperate and freaked out. This is not fun, you know, getting up here telling you this. Somebody's got to tell you the truth."
As Jones uses yet another national tragedy to push baseless, absurd conspiracy theories, it's worth asking whether there's anything he can say or do to lead media figures, politicians and activists to stop validating him.

because I am trying to have a meaningful dialogue on an important issue to me and my relationship to this forum and you are being a ...

wesome. You're right. My brilliance is just taking too much attention from the topic. I'm sorry, I just can't help who I am. I hope you can overcome your crippling jealousy and one day we can be friends.

Reactions: Stu and Jill Hives
cat fight!

Reactions: acd