Ultimate Green Energy Source

Naxx

Permanent Fixture
Sep 4, 2008
MBTI
ESTP
Enneagram
9w0
"Edward Moses and his team of 500 scientists and engineers at Lawrence Livermore's National Ignition Facility are betting $3.5B in taxpayer money on a tiny pellet they hope could produce an endless supply of safe, clean energy. By the fall of 2010, the team aims to start blasting capsules containing deuterium-tritium fuel with 1.4 megajoules of laser power, a first step towards the holy grail of controlled nuclear fusion. Not all are convinced that Moses will lead us to the promised land. 'They're snake-oil salesmen,' says Thomas Cochran, a scientist with the Natural Resources Defense Council. Moses, for his part, seems unfazed by the skepticism, saying he's confident that his team will succeed."

For the full article check out

http://www.newsweek.com/id/222792

Don't say we're not trying, because we are!

There already is one...

468368-gl_large.jpg

hmm not that I'm qualified but I think fusion is a losing battle and so does alot of major players (even renewable ones) in the energy sector, but ill read it

just read it, while I'm not a physicist or engineer, you need power for the laser which i say is quite alot as it is the world's most powerful laser! so its great and all but you need to remember these guys may be building up their technology so they will all have research for the next couple of years and hence jobs! its really hard to know because other groups play the same game by dismissing prospective technologies!

its very hard unless your one of the biggest experts on the technology to know if its worth while or not! since everyone on this site seems to be a psychology major I wonder do we have any physicists?

Last edited:
It really seems that what the writers were trying for was Willpower and Imagination without fear...

And then they made Hal...

That series could have been so much more Batman.