• Poll closed .

Cornerstone

May 31, 2012
London
MBTI
Pisces
Enneagram
Metal Goat
We have a few Brits here but do feel free to chime in even if you're from *shudders* abroad.

EDIT: I don't know yet. My area is a pretty safe Labour seat so I might vote Green or soil my ballot. I watched a good interview with Jeremy Corbyn earlier and, I mean, if I weren't so lazy, the whole grassroots politics is what I would believe in. I work for the NHS so it's probably best for me if that doesn't get torn to even smaller shreds anytime soon. Realistically, I'll probably vote Labour to be safe and just soil something else later. I don't like the candidate for my area though. I quite like Corbyn but I'm not really voting for him. I also considered the Lib Dems because they're less concerned with people working together and the candidate is a hottie by politician standards. I also don't know what I think about Brexit. In fact, I tend not to think about it at all.

Last edited:
you guys don't actually poo on your ballots to soil them, do you?

you guys don't actually poo on your ballots to soil them, do you?

No, just wiping one's arse with it is usually enough to get the message across. As long as it leaves a mark so it is counted as a protest vote rather than an error. I suppose it depends how political you are though.

Reactions: Stu
No, just wiping one's arse with it is usually enough to get the message across. As long as it leaves a mark so it is counted as a protest vote rather than an error. I suppose it depends how political you are though.
kinda puts a new meaning on "hanging chads"

Reactions: Reason and Daustus
The UK is going to the dogs while the politicians tear themselves and their parties apart over Brexit. I can't stand another 3 years of indeterminacy and agonising over it - and in the meantime important issues are getting neglected, or given half-baked attention by politicians who are fighting for their political lives over this issue. In my view this election is special in that the only parties worth voting for are the ones who will bring it to a rapid conclusion. There are those who wish to leave immediately and can do so with the deal that's on the table; and there are those who would revoke Article 50 and stay in the EU. Either of these is a sensible vote.

The UK is going to the dogs while the politicians tear themselves and their parties apart over Brexit. I can't stand another 3 years of indeterminacy and agonising over it - and in the meantime important issues are getting neglected, or given half-baked attention by politicians who are fighting for their political lives over this issue. In my view this election is special in that the only parties worth voting for are the ones who will bring it to a rapid conclusion. There are those who wish to leave immediately and can do so with the deal that's on the table; and there are those who would revoke Article 50 and stay in the EU. Either of these is a sensible vote.
*silently hands John a rifle and an armband*

Reactions: Reason and John K
Baldrick.
Respect turnips!

Something that might be of interest to @Deleted member 16771 and @John K

*Also because @Deleted member 16771 asked about this some months ago

Interesting. I can't see our political system evolving like he suggests though, at least not on that timescale. The trouble is that the polarisation over Brexit is one of identity - between the people who identify as British and the others who identify as European. All the debating that's been going on is irrelevant noise because these are visceral emotional issues and not open to influence by reason. It's actually the same debate as with Scottish independence - a large number of Scots wish for independence because that's their identity and to hell with the practicalities - whether they will ever get a majority remains to be seen. So with Britain and the EU, except we dared to do at UK level what the Scots bottled lol.

I think its damn silly to have referendums on consitutional change the way we do. At least we have only offered 2 choices to the public, so the winner has to achieve more than 50% of the votes cast, but it's grossly unstable when you just get a small majority. There should be a 2/3 to 1/3 majority for such changes. A consitutional change referendum with more than 2 choices is hopeless - there would have to be run-offs with options eliminated in the earlier stages, or the result would always be subject to demand for a re-run.

Interesting. I can't see our political system evolving like he suggests though, at least not on that timescale. The trouble is that the polarisation over Brexit is one of identity - between the people who identify as British and the others who identify as European. All the debating that's been going on is irrelevant noise because these are visceral emotional issues and not open to influence by reason. It's actually the same debate as with Scottish independence - a large number of Scots wish for independence because that's their identity and to hell with the practicalities - whether they will ever get a majority remains to be seen. So with Britain and the EU, except we dared to do at UK level what the Scots bottled lol.

Absolutely agree - something more, there is a similar pattern at work in a number of places with a similar polarization along similar issues which makes the times even more curious if not somewhat disturbing since, indeed, if we have two equally unhappy factions battling it out then compromise flies out the window and this doesn't leave many options for a satisfactory resolution.

**Edit: Thank you for watching and commenting

Absolutely agree - something more, there is a similar pattern at work in a number of places with a similar polarization along similar issues which makes the times even more curious if not somewhat disturbing since, indeed, if we have two equally unhappy factions battling it out then compromise flies out the window and this doesn't leave many options for a satisfactory resolution.

**Edit: Thank you for watching and commenting
Thanks for posting it jk - some interesting views in there.
It will be interesting,too, to see how things evolve. I'm not all that clear listening to Steve Judd what is his personal opinion, and what is from his UK chart predictions. I'll be fascinated to see if we have as radical a constitutional change as he suggests. The trouble is that people mainly vote for parties not people. I doubt all that many folks vote for their local representative based on his own personal characteristics. There will be some, but most will just put their X against the party they support. Having said that, there could well be a change in which are the dominant parties - the two that have been able to form governments over the last 100 years are both looking shaky and have been split internally over Brexit. They could disintegrate in their present form.

Oh yes I'm not sure I agree it will happen as he says necessarily - but welcome your insight into the UK system since although I follow some stuff on it I'm not that familiar with it so don't feel too confident forming an opinion (what have I posted has been from seeing things from the astrological perspective) - the UK has its sun at 10 Cap, the US at 13 Cancer and these degrees were first hit by the Uranus-Pluto square of ~2011-2015 (so Uranus and Pluto collectively destabilizing and then transforming the political system in these countries) and now worldwide we are seeing the incoming effects of the Saturn-Pluto in Capricorn (the sign of banks and government) with seemingly endless protests and leaders getting the boot left and right - the actual exact event is on January 12th but it's already heating up as far as I can tell. What will happen is very hard to say except massive changes everywhere to the point things could be quite unrecognizable in a few years from what we know today. Anyway 2020 is shaping up to be a pretty crazy year so previously unheard of things could happen.

For sure seeing the electorate basically split 50/50 with sides strongly disagreeing is not a good sign even without the above bit.

Briefly for those who aren't familiar - link

Last edited:
Reactions: John K