Typing the characters on NBC's Heroes | INFJ Forum

Typing the characters on NBC's Heroes

On my own path

Community Member
Dec 4, 2009
MBTI
ProbablyINFJ
In spite of the criticisms the series received from some fans during the last couple of volumes I still think it is one of the best series on television. I would admit though I preferred the first season to all the others; it a certain existential "feel" to it with a lot of the main characters discovering their abilities and going on a journey of self discovery and "self redefining". None the less for those of you who watched it or still do, what do you make of the character's types?

My Guesses:
Peter-INFJ
Hiro-ENFP
Ando-ISTP
Claire-ISFP
Matt- ISFJ
Sylar- INTJ
Nathan-ESTJ
Samuel- ENFJ
Noah-ENTJ
Micah-INTP
Niki- ISFJ
DL-ISTP
Adam- ESTP
Kaito- ISTJ
Angela- INXJ
Issac- ISFP

There is no shortage of other characters to type though and I am not to sure of the ones I listed here

Reactions: Holden On
I loved the first 2 seasons of this show, but after that it went downhill for me. Regardless, it has GREAT characters and this should be a fun activity!

I agree with you about Peter. I always saw a bit of myself in him.

This show was cancelled =(

I blame the writers though. It went off on retarded tangents with Claire and also killing off Nathan was stupid.

They should redo it with everything focused on Hiro and Ando =)

Edit: Sylar and Peter can come too.

Last edited:

I blame the writers though. It went off on retarded tangents with Claire and also killing off Nathan was stupid.

Yeah the writers really started to piss me off, I loved this show. The Claire character was a very good concept to begin with but they failed horribly in my opinion with her development. I would have liked to of seen her getting some martial arts and general weapons training. She could have been a real bad ass, instead she's generally always the damsel in distress meh.

Hiro, Ando, and Peter were my favorite characters. I was very irritated when they took Peter's powers away, then changed the nature of how Peter's powers worked. Then there is the whole brain tumor thing with Hiro, thought that was some bullshit. They're friggin super heroes, why was Peter the only one utilizing his powers on a day to day basis to try and help people? Why kill off super strong berserker woman? Why remove Micah from the show? I'm very agitated with the way they chumped Monica, that character had some damn good potential to become a vigilante.

I'm sad they canceled it and I'm kinda glad they canceled it. I generally love stories with super heroes but they turned what could have been an epic journey into a weekly soap opera with sparkles.

I generally love stories with super heroes but they turned what could have been an epic journey into a weekly soap opera with sparkles.

Exactly! And I agree with everything else you said. I just got more and more irritated. Such a great concept, and such a huge failure to utilize it.

Anyway, sorry for the thread derail. Back on topic now ^_^

I loved the first 2 seasons of this show, but after that it went downhill for me. Regardless, it has GREAT characters and this should be a fun activity!

I agree with you about Peter. I always saw a bit of myself in him.

Personally Generations and Villains were my least two favorite seasons. I do really like the characters in the show. I think my favorite aspect may have been the characters. Some of the characters, namely Peter and Hiro, had an idealistic and "lost soul" quality to them.

On another note I can relate to how you relate to Peter :) Some aspects of his character was disturbingly like some of my own aspects of my own way of "living".

Edit: Sylar and Peter can come too.

Yeah, I was disconcerted when I heard they ended the series. They left us with a really major cliffhanger. I think certain circumstances subverted their original plans for the series and they ended up rushing into developing another storyline.

Yeah the writers really started to piss me off, I loved this show. The Claire character was a very good concept to begin with but they failed horribly in my opinion with her development. I would have liked to of seen her getting some martial arts and general weapons training. She could have been a real bad ass, instead she's generally always the damsel in distress meh.

Hiro, Ando, and Peter were my favorite characters. I was very irritated when they took Peter's powers away, then changed the nature of how Peter's powers worked. Then there is the whole brain tumor thing with Hiro, thought that was some bullshit. They're friggin super heroes, why was Peter the only one utilizing his powers on a day to day basis to try and help people? Why kill off super strong berserker woman? Why remove Micah from the show? I'm very agitated with the way they chumped Monica, that character had some damn good potential to become a vigilante.

I'm sad they canceled it and I'm kinda glad they canceled it. I generally love stories with super heroes but they turned what could have been an epic journey into a weekly soap opera with sparkles.

The problem with Peter's powers, in my opinion, is that they made him to powerful to quickly. During season one, his relatively poor control over his abilities made him "weaker" in a sense. Him, acquiring Intuitive Aptitude from Sylar was a big mistake in my opinion.

Also, Peter and Hiro being the only ones to actively use their abilities for good was a bit of a strange decision. Then again it did fit the characters to some extent. Peter and Hiro were the ones that wanted to save the world and become heroes- from what I could discern most of the other characters just wanted a normal life. What they did to Monica,Micah, and Molly really upset me to. Also the whole bit about Monica becoming the "St Joan" from 9th Wonders emerged at the end of the second season and then just dissipated. Also, what about the vault in Primatech? The company's vault contained some really unusual items.

Season 2 was the lowest point of the show, in my opinion. It definitely started the downhill spiral.

The writer's had something great with Heroes and screwed it up before giving it a true ending. *sigh*