• Total voters

aerosol

American trash
Jan 16, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i don't know much about this. a couple of people have said i'm 9w1, but i don't know.

i'd appreciate random people's input here.

edit: shit, forgot to check "make votes public". so, if you vote, please announce your choice.

[MENTION=3615]aerosol[/MENTION]

Well I'm not entirely sure because I'm still looking into the enneagram to try and figure myself out, but I can give you my opinion. I hope that it helps.

I believe when you first came here you were a 2 disintegrating into 8 I feel like now you're a much more solid well rounded two. there was a softer side that came out in you as time progressed that I didn't necessarily see right away, but as your defenses started to come down I could see a lot more of the caring two in you.

Type two:

Type Two in Brief

Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.

Disintegration into 8 you start to show some of these qualities;

type 8:

Type Eight in Brief

Eights are self-confident, strong, and assertive. Protective, resourceful, straight-talking, and decisive, but can also be ego-centric and domineering. Eights feel they must control their environment, especially people, sometimes becoming confrontational and intimidating. Eights typically have problems with their tempers and with allowing themselves to be vulnerable. At their Best: self- mastering, they use their strength to improve others' lives, becoming heroic, magnanimous, and inspiring.

Cite: Quotes are taken from www.enneagraminstitute.com

thanks, guys.

[MENTION=3255]Sali[/MENTION], my first month or so here i was mostly "trolling" a couple of members, then i started to enjoy this forum and decided to be a bit more sincere. so, probably not beneficial to base anything off of my first times. but i def see what you mean and thank you for the input. i can see both 2 and 8, but only as wings.

well, as far as main motivation goes... i must strive for perfection. i feel like this is the main drive behind everything i do, which leads me to 3. but then i read the description and these people seem to be really outgoing. i read the description for 9, and it all fits well.

but i still don't know.

i suppose i should. :)

how do people even go about trying to figure this out? are there good tests for it?

The tests are rarely accurate because Enneagram is based on core motivations and the only assessment tool is behavior. The only way to really figure it out is self study, and the learning curve is rather steep.

Do you get angry with yourself when things aren't 'perfect'?

http://personalitycafe.com/type-1-forum-reformer/3724-type-1-perfectionist.html

woops, forgot about this.

[MENTION=708]VH[/MENTION]

i don't ever get angry. i get very stressed out and depressed when things seem to not be going towards some kind of perfected situation that i've imagined. but angry, not really.

Hmmm, you peg me as either a 1w9, a 1w2, or a 9w1.