Type 8 (or in Tritype) Childhood | INFJ Forum

Type 8 (or in Tritype) Childhood

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by Aquila Aeternus, Jul 29, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
More threads by Aquila Aeternus
  1. Aquila Aeternus

Aquila Aeternus Regular Poster

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    6w7
    Hello peeps,

Finally came back after a while.

I had this nagging feeling at the back of my head for a while. I know that I'm type 6, but the rest of my tritype perplexes me.

Growing up, I had some serious anger issues with other kids. One time, my parents' friends' kids was playing with one of my toys. Being the reasonable and diplomatic, Fairy-dust Shitting Unicorn ENFP 6w5, I responded by politely gnawing a part of his ear off.

But as I got older, I realised I've lost a huge part of this aggressive nature, in favour of a more people-pleasing, wimpy attitude. However it does come out quite often whenever I'm in serious stress, or when I genuinely take offence from someone.

If anyone of you are familiar with me, you would know me as the NF that acts like an SP and even I questioned that before.

Do any type 8s or 8-in-their-tritypes have any childhood memories of being overly loud, aggressive, violent, etc? Of potentially giving another kid stitches for exploiting your own resources? And how have you managed growing up with this nature?

Any input on your experience as a type 8 or someone you know would be greatly appreciated :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Korg

Korg ▄ ▄

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    -
    Enneagram:
    -
    Type 8, similar childhood and youth overall.

Having my own family is mostly what cured me of this (mostly...). That isn't the only thing, but it's what made the biggest difference. YMMV.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. acd

acd jezi baba

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    I'm 9w8 but I was a brawler growing up. I wouldn't say I picked physical fights but I didn't shy away from them either. Ok and there may have been one time in hs I slammed a guy into his locker for spreading rumors about me. I always felt a bit different from other girls. Because the girls weren't so aggressive. I don't know exactly what changed but it's a good question. Maybe I just grew out of being physically aggressive and graduated to using my words instead. I grew up in a very angry household so I'm sure that contributed.

But I am pretty mellow these days. I think it comes with age, too. But the aggression is still there under the surface, though I feel it's employed in different ways; being strong willed and determined when the odds are against me.

#3 acd, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    mintoots and MiiRxGe like this.
  4. Hostarius

Hostarius A R C

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    I'm a 1w2 and y'all sound like psychopaths, lol.

5. acd

acd jezi baba

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    Now I'm pissed!
    [​IMG]

Hostarius likes this.
  6. Themis

Themis Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Hey guys
    What is these numbers???
    It seems to me like 5w40 viscosity of a motor oil

7. Roses In The Vineyard

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Thankful to have avoided most of that growing up but it left a root of bitterness towards people in general as I am burnt out when it comes to human nature in general. My advice to any of the young ones out there is to not only distance from some of the usual types but also not to live their mistakes especially the social types as things like drug use, crimes, and children out of wedlock ect is recipe for a wreck of a life. Also don't absorb/adopt or mirror baggage and flaws that others have as one's own attributes.

8. Roses In The Vineyard

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    LoL some are full synthetic while others are conventional but all in all the numbers are enneagram.

Wyote and Themis like this.
  9. Themis

Themis Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Now that is an explanation:)
    I'm definitely a full synthetic for high temperatures :tearsofjoy:

Roses In The Vineyard and Wyote like this.
  10. Roses In The Vineyard

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Thinks of that poor crane on the right, burned up enough to where the fly wheel left through the roof of the cab.

11. OP
    Aquila Aeternus

Aquila Aeternus Regular Poster

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    6w7
    Yeah, interesting. I was reading the comments of a JRE video with Joey Diaz and I’ve noticed that those in favour of *ahem* beating their kids after being abused themselves are so much less agreeable than the other side. Perhaps it’s more of a nurture thing and not necessarily something you’re born with?

When my da was alive, I was spanked a few times and I did end up getting into a few physical fights in Primary School. Over time, I became more passive because High Schoolers went for the abuse of my reputation than my flesh.

Honestly, as a dude, I feel different from literally everyone I’ve come into contact with, male or female. It’s funny, cause I’m an ENFP, yet I’ve always had so little friends and the friends I’ve had were my most valued out of all of them.

I’m neither too ‘hands-on’ to be with the guys nor too ‘feely’ to hang around girls. I sorta occupy this weird liminal space where very few people actually tread into.

12. mintoots

mintoots Also: Tooth, 뚵수, Tootsu

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Yes but I was more verbally manipulative than physically angry. I reportedly made adults cry as a child because I spoke to them meanly. A boy once punched me in the gut because he couldn't handle the things I was saying to him. I also once screamed at a playmate over roller skates and also because I thought she was prettier than me and I was disturbed by her facial mole.

I'm sorry, God.

I am still learning about my tritype but I think i'm a 268

acd likes this.