Tunisian Hotel Attack | INFJ Forum

Tunisian Hotel Attack

JJJA

Permanent Fixture
Jun 13, 2015
MBTI
Na
Enneagram
Before I post more information on this attack, I don't want any brain-rotting conspiracy nonsense blotting up my thread. Yes, those of you that obsess over your own head-up-your-arse conspiracies: you know who you are. You're not welcome here. This is a place to discuss the FACTS. I wouldn't be posting this here if there were other sub-forums I could post it on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33299523

It appears that the majority of the victims were British. My own interpretation seems to be that, considering the perpetrator was a member of IS, it was a deliberate attack on their enemies. Namely the enemies of IS; many western nations which does include Britain. It could have been a strange coincidence too, but that would be too lazy a conclusion for me to lean toward.

There was also a bombing of a Shia mosque in Kuwait, murdering 27 people. Considering there is already a civil going on within Islam, which has long been between the Sunnis and the Shias, it's likely that the information about the perpetrators claiming they're an IS-affiliated group is true.

If anyone has any further details regarding these attacks, as well as the French beheading in a factory in France. Please do post. And BE CONSTRUCTIVE with any criticisms you have.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33297440

"he spoke to an uncle and cousin of the man who said there had been nothing in his behaviour to indicate he had been radicalised or that he was about to carry out an attack.
He said: 'Everybody we have talked to here in the village... they all said he was just a very normal guy. He prayed like other people here, he fasted like other people here, but he showed no signs at all of extremism.' "

Just another BBC article.

Before I post more information on this attack, I don't want any brain-rotting conspiracy nonsense blotting up my thread. Yes, those of you that obsess over your own head-up-your-arse conspiracies: you know who you are. You're not welcome here. This is a place to discuss the FACTS. I wouldn't be posting this here if there were other sub-forums I could post it on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33299523

It appears that the majority of the victims were British. My own interpretation seems to be that, considering the perpetrator was a member of IS, it was a deliberate attack on their enemies. Namely the enemies of IS; many western nations which does include Britain. It could have been a strange coincidence too, but that would be too lazy a conclusion for me to lean toward.

There was also a bombing of a Shia mosque in Kuwait, murdering 27 people. Considering there is already a civil going on within Islam, which has long been between the Sunnis and the Shias, it's likely that the information about the perpetrators claiming they're an IS-affiliated group is true.

If anyone has any further details regarding these attacks, as well as the French beheading in a factory in France. Please do post. And BE CONSTRUCTIVE with any criticisms you have.

Given what I've read, I don't think the 3 attacks were coordinated. Yes, the first two were IS, though I doubt coordinated as the second one, like you said, is surfacing out of the civil war in Iraq. The Tunisia attack may have been more of an IS attack out of opportunity. I also think the horrible murder in the French factory was perhaps isolated from a larger terrorist organization and perhaps the actions of one person who became unhinged and happened to be Muslim and thus did his attack to mirror IS behavior. Total guesses on my part, I admit.

Given what I've read, I don't think the 3 attacks were coordinated. Yes, the first two were IS, though I doubt coordinated as the second one, like you said, is surfacing out of the civil war in Iraq. The Tunisia attack may have been more of an IS attack out of opportunity. I also think the horrible murder in the French factory was perhaps isolated from a larger terrorist organization and perhaps the actions of one person who became unhinged and happened to be Muslim and thus did his attack to mirror IS behavior. Total guesses on my part, I admit.

Perhaps I should have been more concise. The French beheading, as far as I know, was not properly coordinated in the fashion of the mosque bombing. I think because of the nature of the Tunisian attack, a lone gunman, does look very much like an opportunistic attack rather than something that was planned weeks/months in-advance. Until we receive a full death toll and casualty list, I won't speak objectively about the motives. My intuition tells me the Kuwait and Tunisian attacks, although not directly linked, were committed by those at least in-support of IS and their Islamic-Fascist ideology.

Perhaps I should have been more concise. The French beheading, as far as I know, was not properly coordinated in the fashion of the mosque bombing. I think because of the nature of the Tunisian attack, a lone gunman, does look very much like an opportunistic attack rather than something that was planned weeks/months in-advance. Until we receive a full death toll and casualty list, I won't speak objectively about the motives. My intuition tells me the Kuwait and Tunisian attacks, although not directly linked, were committed by those at least in-support of IS and their Islamic-Fascist ideology.

I could be wrong, but I think we're saying essentially the same thing.

There are videos on the internet calling for people to do these things, with rather explicit details concerning how's and where's. I refuse to view them, but I'd bet they even tell how to pick a soft target.
copied

The US State Department said Friday, June 26, that there was no indication so far “on the tactical level” that “the attacks in Tunisia, Kuwait and France were coordinated.”
DEBKAfile: That conventional prototype of Islamist terrorist operations is no longer applicable. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant ISIS has its own methods of inflicting widespread death which are hard to detect or predict. A decree sent from the top galvanized followers worldwide into initiating lasrgely solo operations. The result was: 211 people dead on Tunisian beaches, a decapitated victim - the first in Europe - at an US-owned French factory, and 27 Shiites killed at a Kuwaiti mosque.

The three outrages were perpetrated on three continents just two hours apart.

The second Friday of the Muslim festival month of Ramadan marked the first anniversary of the founding of the Muslim caliphate in Iraq and Syria under the rule of Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi and was therefore judged a fitting date for killing infidels and Shiites.

These atrocities, along with the mass-executions of Syrian Kurds in Kobani and attacks on Saudi Shiite mosques, were also designed to further inflame sectarian hostilities between Sunnis and Shiites and remind non-Sunni minorities, including Kurds and Druze, of the cruel punishment in store for them.
The latest operational mode of terror employed by the Islamic State is a special adaptation of the “lone wolf” method — which is nothing like the lone terrorist acting on impulse, such as Israel officials depict after a Palestinian crashes a vehicle into a crowd, or stabs a passerby. It rests on meticulous forward planning, according to all the evidence.

Most of the terrorists activated by ISIS are radical Muslims living or working outside Syria or Iraq, often in western Europe and the United States, who have pledged an oath of loyalty to the Islamic State and its caliph, or else Western converts who returned home from Middle East battlefields:
These extremists set up their own operations for acting alone, or in twos or threes at most. They choose their targets according to three yardsticks:

1. The highest number of victims they can kill.
2. The most gruesome atrocity, climaxing in beheading, for inspiring terror in a large community.
ISIS strategists have turned their backs on Osama bin Laden’s tactics. He employed 20 Saudi terrorists to hijack two commercial planes for murdering thousands of people in the horrific 9/11 attacks in New York and Washington.
Fourteen years later, ISIS uses a single terrorist who is ready to die - or two at most - to execute a massacre. It took no more than one gunman, later identified as Abu Yahya al Qayrawani, firing his Kalashnikov non-stop, to mow down 39 mostly foreign holidaymakers on the beaches of the Tunisian resort of Sousse.
Disguised as a European holidaymaker, he sauntered out to the first hotel beach, his automatic rifle hidden in a large sun shade and opened deadly fire on the unsuspecting people lying there, swimming or heading for the hotel lobby. He then raced to the next hotel beach, firing as he went and killing people as they sought cover.
He was only stopped by police gunfire. A bomb belt was found tied to his body, meaning that the shooting was just stage one of the attack. A big explosion was to have followed.

This was no ordinary “lone wolf” terrorist. It was a highly competent terror machine on two feet.

The beheading of victims is another novel Islamic States method, compared with the classical Al Qaeda of yore. Its perpetrators are usually selected from a group of Muslim extremists with a history in the movement. The more gruesome the deed, the more valiant and honored is the perpetrator.

Many of the jihadis are known to Western security and intelligence agencies. In same places, especially Britain, France and Tunisia, they may even serve local Western security agencies as informants, a role they use as cover for secretly setting up their attacks. This makes their attacks virtually unpredictable.
The unfortunate truth is that many Western counter-terror bodies have been penetrated by these extremists who pretend to cooperate in the war on terror and instead keep their handlers confused.

President Barack Obama has avoided linking terrorism with the Muslim religion. Friday, British premier David Cameron responded to the latest round of ISIS attacks with horror, but he also said, “…this terrorism is not in the name of Islam. Islam is a religion of peace.” The killers, rather, “do it in the name of a twisted, perverted ideology.”

My thoughts do not matter in this discussion.

Reactions: PintoBean