Trading years of life | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Trading years of life

if it were possible to trade years of your life for money (or something else you want), would you do it? naturally the healthiest years, say <30 would sell for the most; the demand would decrease as your age increased. what's 10 years off if it meant you were set for (the remainder of) your life?

just imagine you're 28 years old, on the streets, with no family or income, but are reasonably healthy. someone offers you a fully paid off house in a good suburb, for 5 years of your natural life. you'd instantly turn 33 if you accepted, but you'd own your own house. Is it worth it?

Many things are coming in my mind. Need some time to think on this and this is quite interesting to me.

I always thought people would pay to add years to their life, not the other way around.

I personally don't care much for money - I earn more than I would know what to do with anyway. I also don't particularly care how long/short I live.

I just want to be happy - or if I have sadness/sorrow, to make it significant/beneficial.

I always thought people would pay to add years to their life, not the other way around.

I personally don't care much for money - I earn more than I would know what to do with anyway. I also don't particularly care how long/short I live.

I just want to be happy - or if I have sadness/sorrow, to make it significant/beneficial.

I wasn't referring to money but living a truly great life vs a sad and pitiful life.

The offer in the original post is not very appealing. Let's say I was offered a decent sum of cash for the last five years of my life. I would take that offer, but only because I truly think we're allotted just enough time on this planet to do what we need to and get the hell out. The opportunity would only arise if I should take it or something like that.

I wasn't referring to money but living a truly great life vs a sad and pitiful life.

Oh

In that case, looking back I don't think I would change anything, because I would probably delete something which would have made me more shallow than I am.

Using this as a paradigm, I don't think I want to change my future from how it would naturally unfold, because I would, again, probably want to omit things which would probably make me a better person than I am.