To what extent is your feeling for your children affected by your feelings for your partner? | INFJ Forum

To what extent is your feeling for your children affected by your feelings for your partner?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, i was thinking that parents love their children no matter what. On the other hand, i'm assuming that if you have a child with someone you love and really care about, then you may (and i guess this depends on the person) feel more for your children on some level if you consider raising them together as a shared experience of love for each other and the family you've created together.

Of course, i think the majority of parents love their kids regardless of their feelings for their partners.

But i'm curious, to what extent is your feeling for your children affected by your feelings for your partner if at all?

This question is open to anyone - whether or not you're a parent.

Last edited:
Not much....I have no partner. I love the kids. Sure, like in any dynamic relationship with other persons, I get frustrated now and then, but that is all really secondary.

Love is one of those things that doesn't diminish in the giving of it away, simply because it is not a commodity but a level of engagement.

My ex is not really around consistently, so I'm usually focused more on how that affects her. He and I are still friends, but even when I'm frustrated with him, it isn't her fault, and I'm aware of that.