To what extent is your feeling for your children affected by your feelings for your partner? | INFJ Forum

To what extent is your feeling for your children affected by your feelings for your partner?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Gaze, May 9, 2010.

Share This Page

More threads by Gaze
  1. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    So, i was thinking that parents love their children no matter what. On the other hand, i'm assuming that if you have a child with someone you love and really care about, then you may (and i guess this depends on the person) feel more for your children on some level if you consider raising them together as a shared experience of love for each other and the family you've created together.

Of course, i think the majority of parents love their kids regardless of their feelings for their partners.

But i'm curious, to what extent is your feeling for your children affected by your feelings for your partner if at all?

This question is open to anyone - whether or not you're a parent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Gaze, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  2. randomsomeone

randomsomeone Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Not much....I have no partner. I love the kids. Sure, like in any dynamic relationship with other persons, I get frustrated now and then, but that is all really secondary.

Love is one of those things that doesn't diminish in the giving of it away, simply because it is not a commodity but a level of engagement.

3. waterbaby

waterbaby Temporarily Dismembered
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    spitefulINFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    My ex is not really around consistently, so I'm usually focused more on how that affects her. He and I are still friends, but even when I'm frustrated with him, it isn't her fault, and I'm aware of that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...