Thoughts from ambiance | INFJ Forum

Thoughts from ambiance

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Went to a local "place of worship", not mentioning which type, yesterday to look at something and saw something entirely different that caught my eyes. I keep thinking about what I saw behind the building in the backyard.

There was a palm tree, obviously planted some years ago, that had the neighbors' fence pushing where the tree needed to be moved or removed. There was an enormous live oak tree next door I seriously doubt was planted but rather grew there, as they are indigenous to the area. The tree had grown so much and had become so large, it was encroaching onto the yard I was standing in. The tree needed more room and was taking it. The fence was being torn apart and pushed over in the process. It was all happening in such a subtle way, but I for some reason received great joy and understanding from the sight.

It was obvious the place needed a new fence to keep unwanted people out, as they had placed a high fence around the rest of the backyard. They will not be able to establish their property line with a new fence, as growth has made that impossible. Our laws forbid the removal of this type tree, I think. I am off to further reflect on this. Anyone else have these things happen to them?

Yeah. I often get caught up in nature around me, and start to wonder about what stories a tree could tell if they could talk, or how many people have seen the same sight I'm seeing and what stories they could tell. It puts me in a very reflective mood, and is really rather sobering.

Went to a local "place of worship", not mentioning which type, yesterday to look at something and saw something entirely different that caught my eyes. I keep thinking about what I saw behind the building in the backyard.

There was a palm tree, obviously planted some years ago, that had the neighbors' fence pushing where the tree needed to be moved or removed. There was an enormous live oak tree next door I seriously doubt was planted but rather grew there, as they are indigenous to the area. The tree had grown so much and had become so large, it was encroaching onto the yard I was standing in. The tree needed more room and was taking it. The fence was being torn apart and pushed over in the process. It was all happening in such a subtle way, but I for some reason received great joy and understanding from the sight.

It was obvious the place needed a new fence to keep unwanted people out, as they had placed a high fence around the rest of the backyard. They will not be able to establish their property line with a new fence, as growth has made that impossible. Our laws forbid the removal of this type tree, I think. I am off to further reflect on this. Anyone else have these things happen to them?

Yeh...

I am fortunate to live in such a way that nature teaches me about reality often. Observing the inexorable changes around me makes me pause and think life goes on - with or without - the artificial constructs and hubris of the little human race.

Watching trees grow over time has shown me how they can repair themselves, provide life for the animals (including me) around them, and bend with the wind. I think it would be nice to be a tree.

I'm glad you found joy in the moment.

Attachments

• human tree.jpg
    human tree.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 17