Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 15 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

Imma Country girl, but today was an AC/DC rocking me day lol :p
(4 hour drive, alone, with the radio cranked up high, bass rattling the windows in 67° March sunshine in NY !!! vavavavoom lol)

I love me some AC/DC too. It reminds me of all the hockey games I've been to because they always play them at the local arena haha.

Highway tunes, set on 4th song, hit shuffle and it's a 65mph repeat, :tearsofjoy:
People look at me funny in town when Thunderstruck peels off into Hank Williams Sr There's a Tear In My Beer, lmao

hockey games
:m015:
I LOVE HOCKEY @Wyote !!
They sold off our locals to Ottawa, :( watching them on TV just isn’t the same as at the rink.

giphy.gif

Grrrr...played Jo the plumber again these past three days...finally had to call gaggle gag me septic pumper truck. Still can't get the potty unclogged. Now I have to call the real plumber. :rage: :tearsofjoy:

I'm thinking the problem lies with old iron pipes and shiny new plastic pipes and what ever goo has been thrown through the pipes has clogged the system like plaque in an artery, :tearsofjoy:

giphy.gif

:p

20220318_173049.jpg

After spending most of the day at the hospital having x-rays of my ribs, which I three have hairline fractures from my fall on the icy driveway, an MRI because the doc thinks my newly developed drop foot is a bulged disc, disturbed from the same fall, and a loaded PET scan to rule out any cancer cells that may have jumped out of my stomach into surrounding tissue or organs, especially the lungs ... I came home to another unidentifiable gift waiting for me.

Whom ever sent the wooden sign knows me well, :p Sassy is a great label, lol.

Now onto letting my ribs heal and the hurry up and wait of the test results. :unhappy: Imma glow brighter than the Virgo full moon for a couple of days, lol

A prayer and blessing for you, @Sandie33

One now, and one before bed.

I knew a woman with drop foot from spinal stenosis. She required a kind of moon boot before her surgery. She made a full recovery.

I’ve had x-rays, CT scans, MRI scans, and PET scans—but my PET scans were part of clinical research, and in a way, part of an enjoyable experience overall.

May your PET scans be as boring as can be.

Best to You,
Ian

5Z5B9c6.jpg

Okay, I cry Uncle!

Not only did I face plant in the livingroom while answering the bed alarm...but, my sister shows up with an empty gas tank and while walking to the truck to put gas from my snow blower supply I face planted on the hard clay drive way ... I honestly couldn't get up. It knocked the damn wind right out of me. I bashed my knee, hided the skin, blooded all over my pant leg...skinned my hand from trying to break my fall and generally sprung everything out of whack. :unhappy:

Silly question probably, but I really do not know and Google is a pain, can a bulging disc throw off walking so much that all I do is fall when trying to walk? I've fallen at least a dozen damn times since my spill on the ice 6 or so weeks ago.

This is becoming ridiculous. :hushed: When I was a young girl I was down more than up most the time; but, damn I was young then and more bouncy, now it's more of a thud, :tearsofjoy:

giphy.gif
lol, geeish.

Silly question probably, but I really do not know and Google is a pain, can a bulging disc throw off walking so much that all I do is fall when trying to walk? I've fallen at least a dozen damn times since my spill on the ice 6 or so weeks ago.

Absolutely yes. A year and a half ago, I developed the rare condition of discitis—a bacterial infection of the vertebrae and intervertebral space. This included the formation of an abscess that put pressure on my spinal cord.

Simply put, any and all forms of disruption to the integrity of the spinal cord—especially those including and below L1—can result in neurological dysfunction, resulting in motor disability. (as per my doctors)

My discitis was centered at L4. For weeks after the acute infection was addressed, I could be standing still, and suddenly start to fall over. My walking was such that at times I could be mistaken for someone who was severely intoxicated because I could not walk a straight line—I would meander and constantly look like I was about to stumble.

Cheers,
Ian

Absolutely yes. A year and a half ago, I developed the rare condition of discitis—a bacterial infection of the vertebrae and intervertebral space. This included the formation of an abscess that put pressure on my spinal cord.

Simply put, any and all forms of disruption to the integrity of the spinal cord—especially those including and below L1—can result in neurological dysfunction, resulting in motor disability. (as per my doctors)

My discitis was centered at L4. For weeks after the acute infection was addressed, I could be standing still, and suddenly start to fall over. My walking was such that at times I could be mistaken for someone who was severely intoxicated because I could not walk a straight line—I would meander and constantly look like I was about to stumble.

Cheers,
Ian
Oh my goodness Ian! Hopefully it didn't leave residual effects?

I'm glad you shared this. I hadn't realized an infection could cause such havoc. (I just had a bout if sepsis back in September. )

It all makes me frustrated because I can't seem to stay on my darned feet.

My neighbor caused me to panic a moment because she asked if the docs have tested me for things like ALS or MS ... yikes no!

Oh my goodness Ian! Hopefully it didn't leave residual effects?

Well, I have a couple of vertebrae that are more sponges than bone now, with associated pain and loss of certain abilities (can’t lift anything of significant weight now, and I will really ache at the end of the day after any notable activity), but no more balance issues—I’m back to my previous degree of disability which continues to improve as I get stronger.

I'm glad you shared this. I hadn't realized an infection could cause such havoc. (I just had a bout if sepsis back in September. )

I’m sorry, @Sandie33, but the use of “bout” with sepsis is a medical, and therefore grammatical, no-no. One has a bout with a cold. :D

Mortality from:
sepsis – 30%
severe sepsis – 50%
septic shock – 80%

Mine was severe. I’m not sure what your experience was (do tell if you are willing), but that’s some casual language for a medical emergency!

It all makes me frustrated because I can't seem to stay on my darned feet.

Given the end result of what you have experienced—in terms of injury—I’d be frustrated too.

My neighbor caused me to panic a moment because she asked if the docs have tested me for things like ALS or MS ... yikes no!

As a medical nerd, I might think those things, but I would never say those things to someone—I don’t want to give them cause to worry, and I’m not qualified to speculate and end up an a-hole. :p

But I might strongly urge someone to see their doctor.

Well Wishes,
Ian

Reactions: John K and Sandie33
I’m sorry, @Sandie33, but the use of “bout” with sepsis is a medical, and therefore grammatical, no-no. One has a bout with a cold. :D

Mortality from:
sepsis – 30%
severe sepsis – 50%
septic shock – 80%

Mine was severe. I’m not sure what your experience was (do tell if you are willing), but that’s some casual language for a medical emergency!
For me Ian the usage was more of a relief the outcome didn't occur. I had a skin cyst that was in a rage and no way out and instead went inward. Of course with my current role responsibilities and my vehicle was at the garage, I didn't go to see a doctor and instead chose to wait it out That was a dangerous decision on my part. The doctors said at the time that if I'd waited 12 hours more and I'd be tucked into a dirt nap...scary time that was. The infectious disease doctor worked day and night for almost 8 days of my 10 day stay to discover which bacteria was literally killing me. He was such a fun man, lol. It was fun when he burst through the door with the news that the bug was strep and not staff. I could tell he lived his job. He gave me a risky cocktail with penicillin in it ... I'm deathly allergic and went into anaphylaxis as a little girl after being given it for double pneumonia...any way it worked and I survived.

Well, I have a couple of vertebrae that are more sponges than bone now, with associated pain and loss of certain abilities (can’t lift anything of significant weight now, and I will really ache at the end of the day after any notable activity), but no more balance issues—I’m back to my previous degree of disability which continues to improve as I get stronger.
Reading that doesn't make it seem any good at all Ian; however, any improvements after all you've experienced is a blessing, and great example of my blasé use of 'bout'.

I've been through the gamot with health and well-being concerns in my life so when I score a success I tend to make light of the issue. ;) (Now you know why I received that Sassy Soul sign, :p, the giver knows me well after 40+ years as friends. She knows if it didn’t break me it built me

end up an a-hole. :p
My neighbor lady is 83, she doesn't gaf about holes anymore, lol :tearsofjoy:

Actually she is very sweet. I've known her all my life. A great story about mudpies, her St. Bernard, and a garden hose almost cost me my life once too. ;)

Reactions: John K and aeon
I've been through the gamot with health and well-being concerns in my life so when I score a success I tend to make light of the issue. ;)

Fair enough, because I do this too, for cheap laughs. :p

My neighbor lady is 83, she doesn't gaf about holes anymore, lol :tearsofjoy:

I’m no spring chicken, but I’m not old enough to be eligible to receive my IDGAF certificate yet. :D

I had a skin cyst that was in a rage and no way out and instead went inward. Of course with my current role responsibilities and my vehicle was at the garage, I didn't go to see a doctor and instead chose to wait it out That was a dangerous decision on my part. The doctors said at the time that if I'd waited 12 hours more and I'd be tucked into a dirt nap...scary time that was. The infectious disease doctor worked day and night for almost 8 days of my 10 day stay to discover which bacteria was literally killing me. He was such a fun man, lol. It was fun when he burst through the door with the news that the bug was strep and not staff. I could tell he lived his job. He gave me a risky cocktail with penicillin in it ... I'm deathly allergic and went into anaphylaxis as a little girl after being given it for double pneumonia...any way it worked and I survived.

Ugh. Yeah, I no longer ignore any degree of infection, ever.

Mine was MSSA—methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus. That bug loves me. I’m on constant antibiotics now, after three separate infections with resultant hospital stays—one minor, one major, one near-deadly.

The beta-lactam antibiotics (of which penicillin is the basic example) they gave me the last time roasted my kidneys. But I’m still here! I certainly would have chosen as they did, regardless of the risks, inasmuch as an eternal dirt nap was my only alternative.

Well Wishes,
Ian

Reactions: John K and Sandie33