[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

I think people need to get their ego's checked. Moral outrage is not consent to loot and destroy shit. You are not the center of the fucking universe, ok? Jesus people, do we really need to paste this shit on your wall so you don't forget...

Sorry Fi users, I'm not talking about all of you. Only the ones that have to be consistently reminded that their moral conscience is not gods gift to the world.

Last edited:
Well then what is the purpose of your post?

Do you think that eventually he will understand your perspective with you speaking to him in this manner? Do you want to actually solve the problem of racial inequality through education and frank discussions, or do you believe if you shout loudly enough the opposite side will just vanish?

I understand feeling upset, but I have never seen these tactics that you're employing change anyone's minds. And if you don't believe it's possible to educate someone: what is the purpose of commenting at all? It seems like nothing short of emotional self-flagellation on your part.

Racist bullshit needs to be called out. I'm completely with @Milktoast Bandit.

Will he understand his perspective? Of course not. Racist, Nazis and the likes don't even deserve a calm answer, trying to explain and change their minds. Simple "fuck off, idiot" is enough. I want to live in a world where I don't need to understand the perspective of a nazi, racist, rapist etc. Their "perspective" is wrong.

Changing people's mind about something like that...good luck. Their whole identity is wrapped up in this bullshit, and they won't change your mind over a simple argument on a forum.

I agree with @acd that your posts were a bit condescending.

Black lives matter. White lives matter.
This isn't about you: it's about "us".

It's all about racism. Black folk are some of my better friends. Light a match to a business and loot a store? This is always the outcome. No friend of mine any longer.

WHERE ARE THE BLACK LEADERS TODAY? LIGHTING MATCHES OR PUTTING OUT FIRES?

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Will he understand his perspective? Of course not. Racist, Nazis and the likes don't even deserve a calm answer, trying to explain and change their minds. Simple "fuck off, idiot" is enough. I want to live in a world where I don't need to understand the perspective of a nazi, racist, rapist etc. Their "perspective" is wrong
Yeah!

This whole thing also has the possibility of being an entirely staged murder to insight chaos around the USA while they continue to destroy the nation's wealth. So yeah we live in a fucked up world.
In the midst of a pandemic too! I'm scared for all the people who might be exposed to the disease now due to riots.

Aye. And nothing has really changed. Instead of 'massacres' we spread it out over time and location. Lynchings still happen in the south, albeit in smaller numbers. We took down the Jim Crow era signage to give the illusion of equality, but the mentality remains. Slavery is now the private prison system and low wages. People were protesting against police brutality back in the 60's. Everything that was said back then is pertinent today.

agreed. Abusive capitalists in whatever skin color

I understand both @slant's approach and @Milktoast Bandit and @philostam's viewpoints. YAY! We're taking sides!!!

Trying to talk people out of a perspective is a tiring thing. It's basically a loooooooooong conversation, and even then, it is natural for people to stick to their conventions because they built their ego and identity on it. To convince people otherwise, you have to use some Sun Tzu and inflict a synonymous pain on them, with tables turned. You either get compassion, or revenge. In any case, people just make bad choices.

I think that to get past divisions like this, we have to forgive, which is hard, so the more effective uniting strategy is to have a common enemy. But since the government is not calling for unity at a time like this, well, it's going to be hell.

I hope you guys keep safe during these trying times. That's all. I'm just rambling wanting to join the party.

Racist bullshit needs to be called out. I'm completely with @Milktoast Bandit.

Will he understand his perspective? Of course not. Racist, Nazis and the likes don't even deserve a calm answer, trying to explain and change their minds. Simple "fuck off, idiot" is enough. I want to live in a world where I don't need to understand the perspective of a nazi, racist, rapist etc. Their "perspective" is wrong.

Changing people's mind about something like that...good luck. Their whole identity is wrapped up in this bullshit, and they won't change your mind over a simple argument on a forum.

I agree with @acd that your posts were a bit condescending.
Agree to disagree

I was watching the looters at a target for about 40 minutes live. What I observed was a lot of desperate people which is understandable, not justifiable. I noticed a lot of people stealing items for their children. Strollers, diapers etc. I could see the desperation it was really sad to be honest. Then I saw a woman hop into her range rover with a few items and drive away. My initial though was wow what a scum bag. I then asked myself the question "Do you know the full story". Did this women steal this car? Did something just happen and she needs a specific item and there is no where else to find it since everything is shut down? (emergency life and death)

I guess the point I'm trying to make is we all have our mental frame work of judgment. Often the fact is we don't have a clear picture or understand all the details so it's easy to come to conclusions. Usually based on our own stories or experiences. In times like this I think empathy might be the gateway to understanding so we can rationalize the story and create the change we're all looking to see. I sincerely hope the peaceful protesters bring it together.

I think the best way to enjoin others to our convictions is to show them why it makes us tick. For example, I despise it when women are careless about unprotected sexual activities because children unborn and children born in spite break my heart. So instead of telling college kids to have protected sex, I show them videos of beautiful babies and then babies dying in malnutrition. I show them kids with depression. I show them what is to be a person with resolute pain, and then I show them that it's possible to keep this pain at bay---- by being kind, by using condoms, by being responsible. In teaching them to be responsible, I show them what their irresponsibility leads to and that they are absolutely accountable to that.

To convince people that we are all worth our lives, we look at each other and learn about pains and regrets. Therein lies the value of openness. The death of George Floyd was initiated by evil. You could see the satisfaction in the perpetrator's eye. This a form of evil we are all familiar with. It was sadist. At that point, I was no longer looking at the difference in their skin color but in the differences in power---how one of them enjoyed it, used it with lustful desire, and wielded it to the point of taking another life. They say George Floyd's life was taken because of the color of his skin, I think the murderer was evil regardless.

Evil thrives in each and every one of us. When we let skin color be a reason for killing, it's not just the skin color per se, but the rotten evil in us that is us. When we refuse to see others for the good they are or can be, when we use this as a justification to hurt, that is the evil in us embodying our entirety. Acting out of evil is fundamentally different from acting out of pain, but it looks so similar. Evil will crawl its way out of each and every one of us. It's just waiting.

Be afraid of your convictions. You don't know what evil might use it for, all at the expense of your peace. Your soul.