[ENTP] - Things ENTPs should not do | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[ENTP] Things ENTPs should not do

Hi Staple!

I don't know enough confirmed ENTPs to pinpoint what I may not like about ENTPs as a whole. I can tell you what INFJs don't like in general.

-------
This is what the "The MBTI Likability Index" has to say about ENTPs:

ENTPs use their extroverted iNtuition to size up situations and are usually confident of their course of action. They are technically oriented and verbally skilled. They are one of the least conflict averse types.

ENTPs excel in organizations and as entrepreneurs. They are all about skills, expertise, and they have a very advanced ability to communicate. They lead with extroverted iNtuition, moving in what seems to be several different directions at the same time. They dazzle many while at the same time confuse many others who get mental whiplash watching the ENTP’s rapid changes in direction.
The ENTPs ability to communicate and solve issues is impressive. They can and do clash with most types who want to follow a steady course, as opposed to in-the-moment decisions and direction changes. Their confidence is admired and often justified, yet they clash when they come over as arrogant and all-knowing.

------

You use Ne, we use Ni. I've noticed some problems arise during discussions with people who use extroverted iNtuition because the way we arrive at decisions/opinions is cognitively different. As long as you are aware of that, there won't be a problem.

That's where the bulldozing comes in. I don't like getting into long-winded debates with Ne users because they're, "BlahblahblahblahblahBlahblahblahblahblahBlahblahblahblahblah," and I've already given my thoughts on the matter and need time and more supporting evidence to cultivate a response I believe in.

We prefer to be prepared and plan, but we also care about other's feelings, so we won't tell you if we're freaking out over an abrupt change of plans.
As an extrovert you're probably comfortable with impromptu social situations, but we need to "prepare".

INFJs are very sensitive to being disrespected - we don't like being treated like we are dumb, or told our emotions are ridiculous. We don't like public humiliation, or being spectacles. A lot of activities extroverts enjoy are torture to many INFJs, such as karaoke, or even just being loud and silly in public.
We can be as silly as we are serious, but we don't usually appreciate the spotlight.

We dislike arrogance, insincerity, and bullying.

It takes us time to open up and trust, and we're too complex for our own good. If you get past the introductory stage we will start acting silly and sharing thoughts, and even being somewhat spontaneous with you, but it takes a bit of time and we don't appreciate being pressured into it.

Something really funny about INFJs is that we are very dedicated to our interests, and we really, really like what we like. (And not copycats, or interests "somewhat similar" to what we like.) It doesn't irritate me when people don't "get it", but I hugely appreciate people who do get it, and those people are rare.

one of my best friend is ENTP, we go way back.

I would say there not many things that would mess up a friendship now romance...idk never dated one. LOL
but i think the main thing is give the INFJ a chance to speak, ENTPS can totally dominate a convo, which is fine INFJs adapt to the person ...which in the case of the this dynamic the INFJ will prob be a bit more silent and reserved, vs and INFJ & INTJ where the infj will have to be the lead or the INTP INFJ where is basically equal or volleys

the other issue that annoys me about ENTPs (intps too) is this whole ....."ya never know" "i had to try" "everything is possible"
while i respect that these concepts are a core of the NTPs what NTPs should know is
WHEN DEALING with your INFJ friend or INFJ partner.......
the INFJ....Already KNOWS....and you dont HAVE TO TRY....no all things are NOT possible. in other words if the infj is going to tell you something and give you an advice and talk with you for hours helping you guiding your thought process to a conclusion or course of action and than THE ENTP just throws it all out the fucking window cause ..........HEY I HAD OT TRY!!!!!!

sorry i think thats kinda bull shit, and its also disrespectful to the INFJ, the NTPs shared thoughts and received council and the infj was right but the NTPs went and did whatever the fuck they wanted to anyway careless and enthralled by what could be.

I am honestly kinda in love with that idea to just act on impulse and just do cause you cant resist and i am totally fine with the NTPs doing whatever, but seriously if you are gonna do whatever you want anyway than dont ask my advice nor council, or take up all my emotional resources and wisdom for nothing.

but mind you this is a double edge sword, because for the reason this is annoying its also very fun and awesome for the infj. this is great friendship and i imagine love. but i think and ENTP girl would be hard ot find so i cant be sure. out of the NTs i would say ENTPs are prob going to be the ones that will piss off the INFJ the least.

Reactions: Sandie33
NTPs in particular have a tendency to wave their intellectual dicks around. It appears not only in more appropriate venues like a discussion, debate, or arguments; but also in completely ordinary situations.
Sometimes it's served with a heap of bravado. Other times, assumptions of intellectual superiority. Other other times, insensitivity clouded as 'just cutting through bullshit' (which is very different when compared to XXTJs' form of such)

Reactions: Sandie33