[ENTP] - Things ENTPs should not do | INFJ Forum

[ENTP] Things ENTPs should not do

Staple

Apr 7, 2017
MBTI
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
What are some common ENTP behaviors that you guys would rather not see in friendships or relationships?

Reactions: Sandie33
Do you have a relationship with an INFJ, and are low key trying to figure out what he / she doesn't like about you?

To answer your question, I don't really know any ENTPs who have shared their typology results with me.

Reactions: James
Instead, you should talk with him / her if you suspect your behavior is unbecoming. Communication is everything.

However, the flip side: INFJs don't like inauthentic behavior. We typically always see through it, whether immediately or by introspective hindsight. Just be you and be real.

Honesty is always the best answer.

Instead, you should talk with him / her if you suspect your behavior is unbecoming. Communication is everything.

However, the flip side: INFJs don't like inauthentic behavior. We typically always see through it, whether immediately or by introspective hindsight. Just be you and be real.

Honesty is always the best answer.

I understand, sometimes it just seems presumptuous or insecure to ask directly.

That and trial/error seems like too risky of a way to become a better friend than getting some tips and caveats about potential missteps before they happen.

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
That and trial/error seems like too risky of a way to become a better friend than getting some tips and caveats about potential missteps before they happen.
I have to agree with this:
INFJs don't like inauthentic behavior. We typically always see through it, whether immediately or by introspective hindsight. Just be you and be real.
We appreciate vulnerability and authenticity...the ability to show your true self, right or wrong. We are also very forgiving by nature, over-looking mis-steps because we know first hand everyone makes mistakes, ...at least until we think that trait, forgiving, is being taken advantage of, then we often confront the issue or disappear entirely or both. (The mystical INFJ doorslam)

What we don't like is high-handed superority. We are a humble soul, often extremely intelligent, yet often need time when framing an answer or reply, as we think it must be worded "just right" or you'll surely misunderstand. When another jumps in with their own reply, because it's perceived that we are too slow, we can get irritated fairly quickly.

INFJ are like onions...infinately multi-layered. You can keep peeling but not ever reach the "center"...that is saved and protected, sometimes even from ourself :D

What we don't like is high-handed superority. We are a humble soul, often extremely intelligent, yet often need time when framing an answer or reply, as we think it must be worded "just right" or you'll surely misunderstand. When another jumps in with their own reply, because it's perceived that we are too slow, we can get irritated fairly quickly.

If I understand this right, are you talking about an ENTP offering an opinion on something, and then "rolling over" you before you're able to formulate a response? Because I think I have a tendency to be fascinated with the INFJ outlook on things, but because of that end up unintentionally using you guys as a sounding board and getting anxious when you're probably just trying to formulate a response.

If I understand this right, are you talking about an ENTP offering an opinion on something, and then "rolling over" you before you're able to formulate a response? Because I think I have a tendency to be fascinated with the INFJ outlook on things, but because of that end up unintentionally using you guys as a sounding board and getting anxious when you're probably just trying to formulate a response.
Yes, that steam roller effect is a sure fire way to shut an INFJ down.

Also, an INFJ tends to be the most extroverted introvert, especially when discussing a subject they are passionate about. However, if you give them a moment to reflect they are quite insightful. Much of that comes from the ability to grasp the concept quickly then break it down into it's parts before communicating it back. We think in abstracted images and translating that linguistically takes a few minutes ;)

Mind you in giving my take on things, not all INFJ act the same in a given situation.

When a ENTP wants to argue with us about something which we feel strongly about. Can come off as you trying to control the way we feel about something. Just validate our point of view outwardly, but quietly to yourself you can disagree all you want. Just dont show it.

I find it's best when entps stay silent.
But then again, that's true of all types.
:D

Hi INTJ! Have I told you about the giant rocket-propelled dildo launcher I'm designing?
No. Is there some reason You want to?

Reactions: Free and James
What are some common ENTP behaviors that you guys would rather not see in friendships or relationships?

Grandstanding, or dishonesty. ENTP's are typically very smart, INFJs get that. but we also pick up on lies or exaggeration very quickly. Oh and put the top back on bottles. that's annoying.

I dont like when ENTPs:

• Oversell their knowledge by mistaking bredth with depth.
  • Feign ______ (insert positive trait here) with only mere awareness and shallow ability to exhibit such trait.
  • Generally stretching his/her personality too thin to cover anything you could possibly "want".

I dont like when ENTPs:

• Oversell their knowledge by mistaking bredth with depth.
  • Feign ______ (insert positive trait here) with only mere awareness and shallow ability to exhibit such trait.
  • Generally stretching his/her personality too thin to cover anything you could possibly "want".

Any specific examples of these you'd mind sharing?