"They must be intelligent . . ." | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

"They must be intelligent . . ."

I dont think that I would choose and ESTP for me. If he is then he will be the right person. I will chant to be sure we would be able to create value in the world and be happy together.

I doubt that he is. I have tremendous struggles with an ST's. They anger me and I anger them. I am struggling to overcome this. He could be an E and a P though and we would get along well. My E is developed (well...developing it has to because I am a teacher, it has been hard) I think I am a natural P that was repressed because living in an abuse situation you have to develop the J in a hurry to survive.

I am working on developing my S and my T but I have a loooooong ways to go.

This is why I am 41 and have not married. I could have pursued marriage and did not. I did not want to perpetuate marrying someone that was like my father.

I said for years"I would rather be single until the day I die rather than marry a looser."

Actually, looser is not the term I used. I was actually very smart. I had a low life condition and would have attracted someone with a low life condition. Now I have this amazing year to grow my life and my soul. Now I am ready to attract someone with a higher life condition. Now I think that I will be able to find happiness with a man.

My father was actually- an N and I think F. The thing is he was unhealthy. He drank, gambled and abused. He had an undiagnosed mental illness (I am convinced) that he could not manage. The result was someone who had a very unhappy life.

The reality is that being a man of my fathers age was not easy. He is 72 now. In the US in Boston area. He was the old fashioned Irish Catholic extremely repressed blue collar worker who could not express emotions socially. None of them could. They could not even identify their emotions. It was not manly.

He had ADD and I think that he was very sensitive. He was a man in a time that sensitivity did not pay off. Even now I think this is very difficult for men but improving.

Guess what my father did for a living. He was a dock worker, a teamster. He was a teamster during the era of Jimmy Hoffa. That must have been wicked awful.

I do feel for the guy. I forgive him and I do chant for his happiness.

There is no excuse for what he did. I am now in a place where I can set boundaries, leave if I need to, or maintain my boundaries. I am getting better at this.

I do think that there is context. Given the context of his situation I can understand what happened. I am healed enough to recognize this without pain.

So I am now in a place (it took ten years with millions of daimoku for me to get to this place.

I am looking for a health NF that has a developed sensitivity. So far it seems that many of the best men are Gay. This is unfortunate for me. The people that i know in this forum who are gay and post. You guys are amazing!!! You are thoughtful, reflective, intelligent... I know for a fact that many gay men have broken many straight woman's hearts. This is for another post....

Notwithstanding the definition, or lack thereof, of "intelligence," I tell my sons, "marry a stupid woman and you'll get stupid kids." (I know, it's not really true in view of genetic recombination and other complexities)

This was a gross, invalid generalization from a friend who was a Mensa member. His son by his first wife was kind of dumb just like his mother. His son by his second, brighter wife was bright. OTOH, my limited experience with Mensa is that members are among the most socially inept people I've every known. For people who are supposed to be smart, they seem awfully dumb.

With this being said I need to send a smile and a hug to my deceased grandfather. My fathers father was a gem. He was a pipe fitter and a carpenter. Everyone who knew him said he was a Gentle Man. He was kind.

He never said anything. He was very quiet. He did drink but I don't think that he was an alcoholic though. I think that came from my Grandmothers side of the family. He was totally dominated by my Grandmother. She was a awful, controlling, powerful personality that ran over everyone.

Sorry I needed to add this to my above post, lol

I love you Grampa!!!! (he died in 1973)