The wise man | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The wise man

I want to post this image here for future consideration. The initial image will vanish over time because it was posted with image shack. Thank you to this forum to let us all copy and paste. I will do so here.
ac186448bcb9b4bc7767fd5c9e0713b9.jpg
I find it ironic that they use a wolf for this image since wolves are traditionally pack animal and the lone wolves tend to be the ones rejected for some reason or another of then having to survive on carrion.

THE strength of the wolf is the pack.

IF the wise man were truly alone how would it be know that he was wise with no one to compare him to?

I'm deep as fuck. I live by my own rules. I make my own pack. I'm wicked smart. I'm insanely extroverted. This quote rubbed me the wrong way...there is nothing inherently "better" about being alone...

I'm deep as fuck. I live by my own rules. I make my own pack. I'm wicked smart. I'm insanely extroverted. This quote rubbed me the wrong way...there is nothing inherently "better" about being alone...
I sense a disturbance in the force

I find it ironic that they use a wolf for this image since wolves are traditionally pack animal and the lone wolves tend to be the ones rejected for some reason or another of then having to survive on carrion.

THE strength of the wolf is the pack.

IF the wise man were truly alone how would it be know that he was wise with no one to compare him to?

It's a metaphor, not meant to be taken literally about introverts or extroverts.

I would like to point out that a crowd is different than a council. The wise, in my perspective, are those who can think well in groups. Socrates, one of the wisest humans to have lived, placed great value in interlocution, saying that true wisdom involves being able to accept criticism of your thoughts.

Reactions: Jet and Littlelissa
It's a metaphor, not meant to be taken literally about introverts or extroverts.
It's a meme...it's meant to be taken however the individual viewing the image interprets it or here would be no discussion.

However, if we are taking it metaphorically I still disagree. The truly wise will always find themselves accumulating a crowd. Even Master Yoda was one of many in his hey day and not even the swamps of Degoba could keep others from seeking him out.

wow, so extroverts can be nerds as well! what do you know?

Reactions: Jet
wow, so extroverts can be nerds as well! what do you know?
I'm an extoverted girl jock with big tits who is a nerd...I must be a troll because such creatures aren't real.

The quote completely annoys me.
Using 'always' is just ridiculous as it's short sighted black and white thinking that is just not the truth.
Secondly it has an underlying arrogance about people in crowds being weak.
The whole saying reeks of trying to cover up ones' own inadequacies by making others' wrong.

The truly wise will always find themselves accumulating a crowd.
So Martin Luther King, Ghandi and Mother Theresa were incapable of accumulating a crowd?
I think Zen was talking about 'stand alone spirit', you don't have to be alone to have that.
Being jack smart and having big tits doesn't have much to do with it either.

Reactions: Bellosome
So Martin Luther King, Ghandi and Mother Theresa were incapable of accumulating a crowd?
All 3 of them had a huge following...which is my point if you are wise there will always be people who flock to that...
I think Zen was talking about 'stand alone spirit', you don't have to be alone to have that.
If your spirt inspires others to follow in your ways, if your spirit takes you down a road others have traveled I do not think that qualifies a person as having a "stand alone spirit" (in fact I'm not too sure what that is supposed to mean exactly so I can'tdebate that point
Being jack smart and having big tits doesn't have much to do with it either.
That was a silly aside in response to @Stu's quip lol. Memes like this try to box people and order them hierarchically. .. it's very othering and I don't like it having spent most of my life being seen as a poser or a fake because X type of person can't like/do/be Y!

Also since I'm new and most of you guys don't know my posting style I'm not at all actually upset about any of this, I just find it a bit silly and am enjoying fully repping the ney side.

I realize I may be coming across a bit intense for this board...if I ever get really upset you will know it lol.

In my experience, standing with people is far more important than standing alone. It may not make me wise, but I'd much rather be there for people and have people be there for me than be a lonely sage who dispenses advice but is emotionally detached.

All 3 of them had a huge following...which is my point if you are wise there will always be people who flock to that...

If your spirt inspires others to follow in your ways, if your spirit takes you down a road others have traveled I do not think that qualifies a person as having a "stand alone spirit" (in fact I'm not too sure what that is supposed to mean exactly so I can'tdebate that point

That was a silly aside in response to @Stu's quip lol. Memes like this try to box people and order them hierarchically. .. it's very othering and I don't like it having spent most of my life being seen as a poser or a fake because X type of person can't like/do/be Y!
These people were all introverts (INFJs) who didn't go with the crowd.
They had high ideals 'stand alone spirit' e.g. taking the path less trod,- went against public opinion for values they believed in.
But they could all rally a crowd. They were not off in their ivory tower somewhere.
I'm not saying that no extravert has never done that, but perhaps, because they were able to spend time being the lone wolf they could see the hypocrisy around them.
I don't think it's literally about spending time alone...just being independent in your mind and convictions.
I just don't like someone's thread being torn apart, maybe that's a bit soft of me, but I think it would have been better understood if it was expressed better. I don't think it was meant to do with being physically alone- if it was then my whole statement and interpretation has been incorrect, ha ha.

To me 'stand alone spirit' means knowing what you think, and sticking by it, even if the thought police are going to take you away and stick pins in you. That's all it means to me it doesn't mean being alone----jesus can ya'll stop getting so literal here!

Also since I'm new and most of you guys don't know my posting style I'm not at all actually upset about any of this, I just find it a bit silly and am enjoying fully repping the ney side.

I realize I may be coming across a bit intense for this board...if I ever get really upset you will know it lol.
Yes and if we get upset you will probably not know it.

Reactions: hn87c901

I suspected the whole thing was a silly waste of time...but replied anyway,

Reactions: hn87c901
These people were all introverts (INFJs) who didn't go with the crowd.
They led the crowd...that still makes them part of the crowd. And even your usage of the phrase "less trod" implies that others had gone before. Yes these individuals were amazing motivators for change, but it was the crowds they inspired that did the changing.

perhaps, because they were able to spend time being the lone wolf they could see the hypocrisy around them.
Again, I find the lone wolf analogy an amusing one because lone wolves are not creatures to be envied and they lead difficult and shorter lives without their pack.

FDR, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Churchill, Hitler, Whoopie Goldberg are all ENTJs who have made huge changes to global society. I don't believe introversion innately gives one greater insight. in act an argument could be made (like a PP did) that being immersed among society would give you a greater understanding.
I just don't like someone's thread being torn apart,
It is not my intention to tear this thread apart, I'm just voicing my opinion and reasons why I disagree with he meme. @Zen I apologize if you are offended. I am open to having my mind changes I'd like compelling argument is presented, but I like to look beyond the first glance of things and try to understand the why.

I suspected the whole thing was a silly waste of time...but replied anyway,
I personally find that a lot of personal growth can be found by engaging in silly frivolities from time to time. I do not believe this to be at all a waste or I wouldn't be here.

Yes and if we get upset you will probably not know it.
Or you know, you could just say "Hey Jet I'm upset and this is why..." Intent and tone are almost impossible to read online, if we can't be open about it and learn how to better communicate what is the point of engaging in any textual discussions?
To me 'stand alone spirit' means knowing what you think, and sticking by it, even if the thought police are going to take you away and stick pins in you. That's all it means to me it doesn't mean being alone----jesus can ya'll stop getting so literal here!
And I've already said that I'm not approaching this from a literal context. I just happen to disagree with your interpretation of "stand alone spirit", or rather if we use your definition that it is not a unique trait to either the wise or he introverted (WBC anyone?)

I think we should ask Zen back to explain himself- what he meant by lone wolf, sheep etc.etc.
Then everyone will know what he intended.

Bed time here, so no time to debate further, we can agree to disagree.