The "why do you despise Fi" | INFJ Forum

The "why do you despise Fi"

Darc

Jul 11, 2017
MBTI
Fi
Enneagram
4W3
Well everyone does, it's generaly considered frivilous, pointless and weak.

The most common and popular advice to Fi-doms is to ignore it and be more "objective" which, is that not an oxymoron amd basically negate the whole function altogether. So, everyonr hates noteworthy Fi dom figures and anything remotely relating to fi is ignored, or labeled as immature, childish, weak, "emo"

So yes please, what must I acknowledge. I see ipImfor example never get any thanks here, in real life, generally I am met woth hositlity and scorn. Is the whole point to ignore my Fi longing altogethermthat says "I desire connection that feels authentic and genuine and not enforced or for the sake of gaining advantage to social prominence or power over others"

So I try to ignore my Fi and then I am left with this empty feeling as if I am simply going through the motions and not really living, everything starts to feel more detached. What psychological proble is this? Whyndo I feel empty inside when I stop upsetting others and being disobedient.

So are all personal feelings thoughts and perceptions meaningless, because science has discovered everything like how our brains work and thus I should ignore whatever is going inside me and instead what everyone else tells me instead because the opposite is weak and you must be strong and we are all the same and have no choice in the manner at all?

Lol science has not at all understood how the mind works. In fact, but for blind correlation with self-report introspective results (the very sort of things sneered at), there's really no basis for predicting there would be such a thing as an emotion..

The concept of an F-function assigning value is basically the same as it ever was, and it's something everyone has to do. No magic shortcut out of it.
I'd say there are mature and frivolous versions of every type.

Reflecting what the value of stuff is/the ways to answer that question can be a deep philosophically rich endeavor...so you should go ahead and do it best you can.

Reactions: Wyote