The Wheel of Life Mandala | INFJ Forum

The Wheel of Life Mandala

mayflow

Banned
May 26, 2008
MBTI
INFP
This is a copy of the wheel of life mandala. I believe the original was created by Moggallana -

A Chief Disciple Also known as Kolita.A good friend of Sariputta. Rank No. 1 in psychic power amongst the Arahants. Buddha usually discouraged all from displaying supernatural power except for Mogallana, he was even praised for using supernatural powers in propagating the Dhamma. In Mahayana traditon, Ullambana festival (7th Month or Ghost Festival) was based on his story to save his mother in Hell.

Here is a good url to explain some of the symbolism. http://www.geocities.com/directx_user/gallery/rebirth_wheel.htm

Attachments

• wheel_of_life1.jpg
    wheel_of_life1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Cool, I paint crappy mandalas when I have writer's block. I don't know why, I just started doing it one day. I'll take this as a sign to pick it back up.

Cool, I paint crappy mandalas when I have writer's block. I don't know why, I just started doing it one day. I'll take this as a sign to pick it back up.
You are in good company:

I had to abandon the idea of the superordinate position of the ego. ... I saw that everything, all paths I had been following, all steps I had taken, were leading back to a single point -- namely, to the mid-point. It became increasingly plain to me that the mandala is the centre. It is the exponent of all paths. It is the path to the centre, to individuation.
... I knew that in finding the mandala as an expression of the self I had attained what was for me the ultimate.
- C. G. Jung. Memories, Dreams, Reflections.

mandal2s.jpg