The Type O of Typology | INFJ Forum

The Type O of Typology

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
[I am somewhat aware that this idea is over-discussed, but I enjoy analogies where I can use them for intellectual exploration.]

I get the sense that INFJ is the Blood Type-O of typology. We are often seeking to give or lead from behind the scenes for our good and for the good of the group (to borrow religious terminology).

We are often receiving positive emotional feedback from the people we "help". Otherwise, we'd become quite exhausted, I would assume. And in some cases

Reactions: Sir
Holy crap, I love this analogy, especially the part about donating blood.
We can donate blood to anybody but can only receive blood from people of our own type.

in other words:

We can counsel any type of people but can only be counseled by people of our own type.

Amazing.

And to be more specific, we'd be O-.

Seeing as O types can RECEIVE plasma from any type, what would you consider the analogous partner of plasma?

Last edited:
We can counsel any type of people but can only be counseled by people of our own type.

Seeing as O types can RECEIVE plasma from any type, what would you consider the analogous partner of plasma?
Exactly. What an inexplicable difference when I realized that I began to speak to two INFJ counselors. They were so different from other counselors that I had recently: ENFP, ENTJ, and ESFP -- not that they don't have good advice, but they simply do not know me. (It's like the difference between knowing God and knowing about all the general workings of God -- if you're religious.) One of them actually could personally relate to the desire for one-on-one interactions, and coming from a counselor, this actually affirmed that this is a healthy trait rather than something I have to change.

As far as I know, plasma might be INTPs, who seem to be accommodated by others but seem to find little need or ability to help others. INTJs at least seem to feel a need to accommodate the needs of others for independence and reliability.

I disagree. I need the objectivity of intjs, and infps see many angles and viewpoints I may have otherwise missed. Infjs are great, but not the only aide, nor the most appropriate aide for me.

Do not count out intps, who can be very nurturing, and are excellent listeners.

Reactions: acd
INTPs and INFJs could make up the O type. INTP could be O+ while INFJ is O-.

Angles/Viewpoints = Plasma then?

if so:

I see plasma as the 'gas' needed to fuel our empathy.
Then blood is the 'exhaust' that comes from our empathy.

Saw this on Yahoo answers while searching for the difference between blood and plasma:
Blood is the oxidising element of our body. Its function is to carry out oxygen throughout the body with the help of haemoglobin.
Plasma is the liquid part of blood. Its function is to keep the Red Blood Cells together, in the form of a liquid, which we call as blood.

Last edited:
funny how everyone is mentioning the INxx types

Interesting you should mention this as I am O neg. Universal donor. And yes, it matches my personality.

I get the sense that INFJ is the Blood Type-O of typology. We are often seeking to give or lead from behind the scenes for our good and for the good of the group (to borrow religious terminology).

I don't want to curb your enthusiasm, but I have to tell you that the "love" INFJs display in forums and on Facebook, and even more so in real life, is very disturbing. It actually taxes my energy. In that case, the analogy of "real life soap opera" is a much better one.

Reactions: knight in battle
I don't want to curb your enthusiasm, but I have to tell you that the "love" INFJs display in forums and on Facebook, and even more so in real life, is very disturbing. It actually taxes my energy. In that case, the analogy of "real life soap opera" is a much better one.

This.

I dislike the inappropriate and misguided "love" that INFJs try to force on me. Lots of drama involved with INFJs.

I am uncertain on that. In terms of how "rare" your type is, I would have to say blood type AB- (that is the rarest blood type.)

Beautiful analogy.

About the counselors, makes sense. I had a few, none of the INFJ. They don't get it. I say that other people usually don't understand a word I'm saying... but I think neither do the counselors... X.x

Must find INFJ, added to my todo..

Reactions: knight in battle
I guess that is true after all. I rarely get any good advice from INFJs so any response from me would probably negative. (regarding their advice) I feel like I give INFJs better advice than they give me, however I also think in the end we are just bouncing ideas off each other for the INFJ to come up with their own conclusions.

[MENTION=5078]Don Leo[/MENTION]

You may not find them in all places. For example, my recent counselors were ESFP and ENTJ.

It's curious where you might find INFJ counselors. A college counselor (ENFP) told me that most of the counselors in her dept were INFs. It became quickly clear that the ones I saw were J's (one of them stated this fact....with the other, we had a strong compatibility in our "flow" of conversation and ideas). So it was fairly definite that they were both INFJ. It produced an immense impact and comfort on my psyche, as I am sure it makes immense impact for anyone who finds a person with strong similarities.

The ENFP was simply too pointed and conclusive—not that her conclusions were wrong, but the process of discovery was clearly off.
The ENTJ was similar, offering solutions but sometimes without understanding when and how to.
The ESFP was enthusiastic, sympathetic, and understood how to get along with me (except, of course, for the "more perfect union" between INFJ and INFJ).

[MENTION=731]uberrogo[/MENTION]

That makes complete sense when it comes to practicalities.
While the INFJ needs some person to work out their inner feelings (probably as a result of overload on Fe), and their Ti is often too weak to work it out on their own, I would think that the ISTJ has no particular need to "work out" anything to do with Te.

I hate infj circle jerks

Reactions: invisible