The Secret of Kells | INFJ Forum

The Secret of Kells

randomsomeone

Apr 26, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I'm going to go see The Secret of Kells next week and am very excited about the subject matter, the amazing animation, and the overall theme of the film (as much as I can make out from clips). Anybody seen it?

Reactions: Blind Bandit
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw2_HZTuQBE"]YouTube- The Secret Of Kells - Promotional Trailer[/ame]

Looks like a nice family movie. I'll probably see it - I think I like animated pictures more than filmed movies.

Last edited:
OMG I need to find a place that is showing this.

Epic.

OMG I need to find a place that is showing this.

Epic.

I had a quick look around and it seems to be showing only at film festivals and selected theatres.

However, it is already available on DVD here in Australia - I'm ordering it from sanity.com.au

I think it should become available on Amazon soon.

I think there are some interesting historical references/nuances in the film which should make it great fun...nevermind the spectacular art. For example the cat, Pangur Ban, is actually the name of a real cat, the pet of a real monk in the 9th century and subject of a poem found in a manuscript from the period.

This looks really good. Thanks for the heads up. :)

I think there are some interesting historical references/nuances in the film which should make it great fun...nevermind the spectacular art. For example the cat, Pangur Ban, is actually the name of a real cat, the pet of a real monk in the 9th century and subject of a poem found in a manuscript from the period.

I love that kind of detail.... but who besides a scholar of manuscripts or Irish history could pick up such details.... hmmm I can see I'll be doing some Internet surfing in the evenings.