The return of the liberal Canadian

brightmoon

Community Member
Oct 2, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Hi Everyone:

I'm back.
Ready willing and able to comment on current events from the perspective of liberal (Liberal) Canada. Big year in 2018, Canada becomes the second country on earth to legalize recreational marijuana. My province has just implemented $15 minimum wage.

Charting a new course separate from Trumpmerica. Reasonable gun control, single payer healthcare, all this is possible and being done right here on the North American continent.

Big year in 2018, Canada becomes the second country on earth to legalize recreational marijuana.

Interesting! I'm wondering how weed-related crime rates may differ in a neighboring country where it is federally legalized. Here in the states I am guessing that the criminal elements (including Mexican cartels) continue to profit by trafficking to states and municipalities in which it's still banned.

Interesting! I'm wondering how weed-related crime rates may differ in a neighboring country where it is federally legalized. Here in the states I am guessing that the criminal elements (including Mexican cartels) continue to profit by trafficking to states and municipalities in which it's still banned.

Well that's the theory. What scares me about the US is the for-profit prison systems that have a vested interest in incarceration. Keeping things like illegal like possession of marijuana increases incarceration. Increased incarceration also means a readily available source of cheap labour. That seems to fit in nicely with the corporate agenda doesn't it?

I don't think of Hillary much these days. Do I think she would have been a better president than Trump? Yes, absolutely, there's no question about that. Was she a seriously flawed candidate? There is no question about that either. If I was an American I would have worked my a$$ off for Bernie and then worked my a$$ off for Hillary. Anything to prevent Trump from getting into the White House.

Most of the people in the world, even those living in the countries of Western Europe and places like Canada, don't understand how Trump even became a viable candidate in the first place. I don't. Nothing I have read or heard so far justifying why Americans voted for Trump makes any sense to me.

Hi Everyone:

I'm back.
Ready willing and able to comment on current events from the perspective of liberal (Liberal) Canada. Big year in 2018, Canada becomes the second country on earth to legalize recreational marijuana. My province has just implemented $15 minimum wage.

Charting a new course separate from Trumpmerica. Reasonable gun control, single payer healthcare, all this is possible and being done right here on the North American continent.

Welcome back :)

Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow
Thanks James

Reactions: Skarekrow and James
The United States is a slow nation to change. Our government structure is unfortunately Federal rather than Unitary. Our constitution endowed us with too much red-tape.

This will not change for a multitude of silly reasons.

Hi Everyone:

I'm back.

I am so incredibly sorry for you. Best of luck, we are all rooting for you.