The NF Type | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The NF Type

Sounds good to me.

Before I was aware of MBTI theory, I must have been trying to be an ISFP, always identifying as an introvert and a feeler, but I didn't realize something was badly missing. Once I started to read up on intuition, I started to value myself less as an introvert (IF), more as an intuitive (NF). Makes sense if you view it as moving towards Ne.

One could probably take apart any of the letters -- or functions -- and talk about a value system, but I believe that identifying as an NF moreso than an I or a P, speaks more to my talents, my actual core self. The first and fourth letters seem situational at best towards my development.

According to Jung N/S and F/T are the basic building blocks, the rest is just play with directions. Later it was expanded that NF denotes a temperament type.

When we are being self-aware we can access any function with different levels of ease. Type manifests best in stressful or semi-conscious situation when people do not think about their behavior. If your claim of a generalized NF type were true then such a person would behave truly randomly under stress factors.

I do not know if people can outgrow or otherwise change their type. If one was persistent and constantly self conscious about some desired function then after some time it can form as a habit probably.

I agree Von, and I think the founders of the MBTI wouldn't want it to be seen as super solid, it is a foundation of framework to help us communicate.

" In other words, I think I just had an Ni moment where all the models lined up. "

This solidity seems a bit contradictory to your post about everything being fluid.

Remember, and so many people have been making this mistake, Ni can't operate on it's own in this manner. Perception and Judgment functions combine to give us insight. No function can operate on it's own. Perception is unexplainable without judgment, and judgment can't function without information.