[INFJ] The most typical INFJ movies

Ghoulia Yelps

Community Member
Dec 15, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I see a lot of INFJ movie lists, but they don't get updated much.
There is always Amilie at the top, I'm still unsure she is INFJ.
My INFJ movie list has some I haven't seen listed before.

Mr Nobody
The Congress
Synecdoche New York
Cloud Atlas
Amie in the Cage
Some of my favourites..
And old ones like ....
Tommy
A Clockwork Orange
... There are shadows of these in the above movies Amie in the Cage and Mr Nobody.

I wasn't sure about the new The Little Prince movie, I love the book and the musical, maybe I'm a purist?

I tend to like a lot of psychological dramas/thrillers. My mum is an ISFJ, and she usually watches movies I pick, but she gets fed up with 'mind bending stuff', she likes stuff like Dickensian and Mr Selfridge, Downton Abbey etc, not my taste at all and I have banned soaps (haven't watched TV for five years)

I'm always looking for new movie suggestions to watch, The Congress and Mr Nobody were great finds.
Any more favourites you'd like to suggest?

Reactions: Happy Phantom
I'm always looking for new movie suggestions to watch, The Congress and Mr Nobody were great finds.
Any more favourites you'd like to suggest?
The underlying message of Pan's Labyrinth is very INFJ in mood (as is Ophelia) and I strongly suspect that Donnie in Donnie Darko is a characteristic dark-INFJ. You may have seen these, though. What are your criteria? Movies made by INFJs (Miyazaki) or main characters with the type?

Both, I think non INFJ people probably write INFJ characters, and INFJs write characters who are other types, ie Harry Potter is ISFP.
Do you think Terrance Mallick is an INFJ director? I think that David Lynch is, and maybe David Fincher.

Reactions: ESC2367
Both, I think non INFJ people probably write INFJ characters, and INFJs write characters who are other types, ie Harry Potter is ISFP.
Do you think Terrance Mallick is an INFJ director? I think that David Lynch is, and maybe David Fincher.
I agree, and Radcliffe portrayed the type pretty accurately, in both intensity and awkwardness. Thewles' Remus Lupin made an endearing and complex INFJ in the movies, I thought. I've actually only seen his Dirty Harry and Badlands, so my comment doesn't really count. I've seen Lynch labeled one in the past and I think he might be one, too. Besides directors, I know for certain that Dark City, What Dreams May Come (a favorite), and Children of Men are all thematically on track

Confession: Amilie didn't blow my mind. Besides a vague residue of synthetic quirky, I can barely remember it. Lately I mostly dig detective type movies. The Conversation is a classic. I settle for less though.

Reactions: dang and MrSquared
Confession: Amilie didn't blow my mind. Besides a vague residue of synthetic quirky, I can barely remember it. Lately I mostly dig detective type movies. The Conversation is a classic. I settle for less though.

Same here, I think I its a great film, but she doesn't really strike me as INFJ, if that is what she is, she is a dysfunctional one. I think the scene when she is 'gas lighting' to make that guy think he was mad, not my style at all. I would have been more confrontational probably. I don't like mind games. I think she is more INFP.
On the other hand, I think that I related more to Nemo Nobody, because I play through different scenarios in my head about what might have been. The character played by Jim Carrey in Eternal Sunshine too. I like perfect romance. Adrien Brody is INFJ and I think he plays INFJ characters too, like in The Jacket. Splice too maybe?
Two other films I like maybe ENFP ish, Mr Magorum's Wonder Emporium, and Penelope.
I like 'Middle America' stuff, I'm British by the way, loved Garden State, Nebraska and Little Miss Sunshine.

Reactions: PintoBean
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it: The Hedgehog, French film.

Watched it the other day. The plot, themes and key characters and their interaction make for a film right up an INFJ's alley.

This could just be me, but I really enjoy a good Western. I love Clint Eastwood - his spaghetti westerns, and most of the films he directs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and James

Terrence Mallick is one my favorite filmmakers, and the films of him
I've seen
resonate to me very deeply, especially The Tree of Life.
I read from somewhere before he was typed as an INFP,
but if we base from TToL alone, I'd argue for INFJ.

Captain Fantastic :m033:
(or would you say it's more xNFP...ish?)

How about "The Fountain"
Or is that totally intj?

+1 Cloud Atlas and the Little Prince
If you're into animated movies, check 'When Marnie Was There' too. It goes deeper than the usual (somewhat surprised most viewers understood it as a girl x girl love when it's far more than that).

Reactions: Satori
Regardless of being an INFJ here are some of my favorite films.

The Eternal Sushine of the Spotless Mind
The Matrix
The Wizard of Oz
Rear Window
Wuthering Heights
Rebecca
Idiocracy
Office Space
The Accidental Tourist
Damage
Scandal
Zombieland