[NSFW] - The morbid portions of our society | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[NSFW] The morbid portions of our society

Wow! Good on you for taking control of the situation - especially in a non-violent way!! You're lucky that you have the skills to be able to think ahead and recognize bad situations and prepare. I can't believe you hitch-hike! To me- that's so dangerous! It's funny because my mom did it across Canada when she was in her early 20's ...but now she would die if I ever did it (she's instilled fear in me about it). Do you find people pick you up regularly??
Thanks!

Looking back on the situation, that guy wasn't very sophisticated... It is entirely possible the murders that happened the previous week spurred something in him. That very well could have been his first "foray". I hope his experience made it his last.

More accurate to say I have hitch-hiked. I was a adventure trekker for a decade, living much like the guy in "Into the Wild" -no weird berries. [living out in the woods for so long still affects my bodies rhythms. I'm such a morning person... I stayed up late last night, 1:30, and here I am, predawn, no alarm, wide awake and full of energy.] Most the time I traveled under my own power but ya, I did have plenty opportunity to hitch-hike while trying to get to new areas. Most of my hitch hiking experience was pre 9/11 anyway, slightly different environment now. I would always put a sign on my pack (East! -or something) then just sit read, glancing up with a smile on occasion. Holding my thumb out seemed too much like begging for my taste. My interest was clear, let them come to me. I guess I've been rather successful with hitching in general. I've heard stories about hitch hikers being in the same place for days. I've had to wait again for daylight a couple times but it seems like I was never in one spot for more than a few daylight hours. I've been picked up by tiny little unassuming women before. I was honestly a little shocked by those times. I mean, I know I'm one of the good guys but you don't know that! My most recent hitch hike was to the headwaters of the Mississippi River, to kayak down that. One of the guys who gave me a ride took me to his place to meet his family, friends, grab a shower, drink beer, and hang out for a few days. A couple days later I got a ride from a guy who still texts me every now and then to see what grand scheme I'm up to now. When I was finished kayaking that season I looked into Craigslist for ride-shares. It turns out you can even hitch-hike with a 17' sea kayak! =)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    979.9 KB · Views: 6
What did you and your sister do? Just run away?? I think that would be so scary as a child! Your parents must have been so upset.

I also can't imagine seeing someone attacking another person (I've never seen a fight between people who were actually angry and wanted bloodshed), couple that with it being your parent- that would be awful.

Yeah- contract or thug killers are a whole other breed of serial killers- their expertise and planning is frightening. It's amazing how something could happen to you and they leave very little evidence.

It was a public place, so I just declined, though obviously as a kid it made me nervous, but frankly I don't think the guy was a killer. My parents were glad the talk worked. I'm actually more wigged out by the thrill killers/sadists than somebody doing it because of something cultural and being business about it... and the idea of a quick-ish death doesn't really bother me. I'm going to die sometime, not that I won't try to avoid it if I can, while living my life.

I've only ever gotten the heebiejeebies from a full blown psychopath that other people didn't seem to recognize, who's nonviolent anyway so far as I could tell... he did mess with me on Ayahuasca, but God bless the Spirit Armor.

It was a public place, so I just declined, though obviously as a kid it made me nervous, but frankly I don't think the guy was a killer. My parents were glad the talk worked. I'm actually more wigged out by the thrill killers/sadists than somebody doing it because of something cultural and being business about it... and the idea of a quick-ish death doesn't really bother me. I'm going to die sometime, not that I won't try to avoid it if I can, while living my life.

I've only ever gotten the heebiejeebies from a full blown psychopath that other people didn't seem to recognize, who's nonviolent anyway so far as I could tell... he did mess with me on Ayahuasca, but God bless the Spirit Armor.

How could you tell he was a psychopath?!

I want their tells!

How could you tell he was a psychopath?!

I want their tells!

The only way anybody else factored in at all was for his own shallow ends. It was like he didn't understand feelings in any sort of way, or have them much, but knew the things to say by experience. What the Holy DSM would call glibness. To be fair to him though, there never seemed to be malice in any of it. The offness clicked when he was messing with me w/o a second thought when I was tripping. It wasn't that bad, though. I do think that many of them escape notice in part because lack of empathy doesn't necessitate doing wrong things. Ironically, it may even sometimes keep them from acting maliciously when other would. If you throw in an education about how important money is above all else, or prostitutes and power over others, they could easily turn into monsters, something our society in its current state seems to do quite well.

Last edited:
Media_CS1.jpg

This thread is about morbid obesity right??

Reactions: say what
This is such a sad story. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-stabbings-leave-5-dead-after-university-end-of-classes-party-1.2610465

Calgary stabbings leave 5 dead after university end-of-classes party
Suspect is son of a Calgary Police Service officer, CBC News learns

The man suspected of fatally stabbing five young people at a northwest Calgary house party is the son of a veteran police officer in the city, CBC News has learned.

The suspect is in custody after four males and one female, all in their teens to 20s, died following the early-morning stabbings in the city’s Brentwood neighbourhood, just north of the University of Calgary campus.

The stabbings happened around 1:20 a.m. MT on Tuesday at a house in the 100 block of Butler Crescent N.W., police said.

According to two sources with knowledge of the investigation, the 23-year-old suspect arrested shortly after the incident is the son of a veteran inspector with the Calgary Police Service. The recent U of C grad was planning to attend law school.

According to neighbours, the people at the house had been celebrating the last day of university classes with a fire in a home's backyard.

Bermuda Shorts Day festivities to mark the end of the University of Calgary’s winter semester have been a campus tradition since 1960.

Three people were pronounced dead at the scene while two others were taken to hospital in critical, life-threatening condition, and later died, officials said. Four of those who died were male and one was female, officials said.

One other person suffered minor injuries.

The three bodies in the house were taken away by officials from the medical examiner’s office around mid-morning.

Officials are still working to identify the victims and notify their families. No names will be released until autopsies have been completed, police said

Suspect arrested

The suspect fled on foot but police arrested him about 40 minutes later with assistance from the K-9 unit. Investigators are not looking for any more suspects.

The suspect was taken to hospital to be treated for a dog bite. His name will be released once charges have been laid, police said.

The homicide unit is leading the investigation with assistance from the forensics team as a heavy police presence remained in the neighbourhood Tuesday.

Detectives took several witnesses to a police station to be interviewed.

No previous problems at house

Nearby resident Doug Jones told CBC News he noticed about 12 to 20 university-aged people at the backyard party.

“When it started to get dark, they moved inside and once inside, you wouldn’t even be able to tell there was anything really even going on. It wasn’t loud at all,” he said.

We’ve never had any problems over there."

Jones, who lives next door, said he thinks there are at least three students who live in the house. He said his bedroom door looks out on their backyard.

“What really touches me about it is how it can happen. I mean, we never heard a thing.”

Jones said Brentwood is an “old-fashioned neighbourhood."

“Nothing ever happens here because we’re in a crescent, we don’t get any other traffic other than people that live here, people that are coming to visit,” he said.

“It’s pretty shocking, it just goes to show it can happen anywhere.”

"The University of Calgary is mourning the loss of five young people killed early this morning in Brentwood," the school said in a written release, promising to provide further comment once more details are confirmed.

The university is offering counselling to students, faculty and staff affected by the tragedy. They are encouraged to go to the university's wellness centre in classroom MSC 370 or contact sar@ucalgary.ca.

“Our thoughts and condolences go out to the families and friends of all those affected,” said Raphael Jacob, president of the university's students’ union.

The accused had a bright future - recent graduate and going to law school! :(

Currently we know:
No indication that there was an event or action prior to this happening.
The accused didn't appear to be impaired in any way.
No one involved (victim or accused) has had any dealings with the police prior.
Apparently the accused tweeted "The world needs a hero" that night

CBC News brings you the latest from an early-morning stabbing in northwest Calgary that killed five. Here's what we know:

Four men and one woman are dead.
Three died at the scene, two others died after being taken to hospital.
One suspect in his 20s is in custody. He is a police officer's son, sources tell CBC News.
A neighbour says 12 to 20 university-aged people had been having a backyard gathering, but it didn't seem loud or unruly.

My heart goes to their families and the students/faculty/employees there...it's scary to think that such a jovial event could end that way. How many of us have been at a party just like this? It could happen so easily and to anyone... very scary.

There's a lot of evil out there.

I think in the course of my own life that there's been changes in popular publishing, the media and other things which seem to have provided less of a focus on crime and criminality and those sorts of infamy than there once was, which probably means that less people want to be villains, although its early days and perhaps those sorts of people are still very much part of the social milleau and contributing to the creation and reproduction generation on generation of toxic legacies.

I would think that I'm pretty wary and alert to evil people but I've fallen prey to them before now, I think in part because precisely because you're not the usual run of the mill unwary easy prey they then make it their mission to try and single you out, the same individuals are playing all kinds of games and flirting with being discovered the whole time because most of them are dreary individuals that no one would want to spend time with or relate to otherwise. I know one guy in particular who conspires to create circumstances repeatedly in which he is constantly under investigation or being challenged in one shape or another by someone superior to him, although I'm convinced he's part of a network of similar individuals.

The other thing, that I've been pretty aware of from before the news broke about all the clerical abuse in the RCC, is that sorts of individuals who infiltrated the RCC are doing the same sorts of things and engaged in the same sort of infiltration of secular services these days. I'd not be surprised if the same sorts of stories which are breaking now about religous institutions will be breaking in the future about secular institutions. There's a lot of work that goes into effectively protecting individuals from becoming known for their behaviour, I know that is well intended but I know that it results in individuals not being forewarned in ways that are likely to result in their coming to personal harm.

You'd be shocked to consider the extent of poisoning as a delinquent and deviant behaviour in even the most lawabidding and crime free societies.