The Jerks? | INFJ Forum

The Jerks?

iLoveiLiveiAm

Aug 25, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Here is the back story: Those that said F's are nice and T's are robotic asses made me feel bothered for sometime, as I was searching for my type code. I still question my INFJness everyday. I would be considered a T by those definitions above. I feel and care so much in my private world. I am "hateful" in the outside world. (Misanthropic and Over-Critical) I do not wish to be. I feel bottled up and alone. What else is there? Beside my tendency to ignore emotions all together. Does this rule out my INFJness?

Do other Infj's suffer from Type Bipolar?
Sorry if my post sounds self-centered. I am very curious if there are others with me.

Well, I am typed as being INFP and I go through it..
The whole:
I feel and care so much in my private world. I am "hateful" in the outside world. (Misanthropic and Over-Critical) I do not wish to be. I feel bottled up and alone

Feeler types are not all cuddles and cookies.

Obviously.

I think it makes sense for NFs (especially introverts) to be sort of hardened on the outside... we have principals that we often don't see reflected in the world.
Yeah, there's frustration. I know exactly what you mean when you mention feeling "misanthropic and over-critical."

I would say those are negative coping mechanisms. With more maturity and life experience, I suppose NFs can overcome the negative bouts and learn to do something constructive with that energy.

Last edited:
Well, I am typed as being INFP and I go through it..
The whole:

Obviously.

I think it makes sense for NFs (especially introverts) to be sort of hardened on the outside... we have principals that we often don't see reflected in the world.
Yeah, there's frustration. I know exactly what you mean when you mention feeling "misanthropic and over-critical."

I would say those are negative coping mechanisms. With more maturity and life experience, I suppose NFs can overcome the negative bouts and learn to do something constructive with that energy.

^^Listen to her, she's bad ass.

... But I'll be back with more comments later.

Yeah. Turn it into a naughty comment. I want to see what you can do.

Obviously.
Obviously. My recent experiences with some feeling types affirm this more than ever.

For example, I met an ISFJ who seems quite stuck up and unfriendly (her argument style, when it surfaces is more aggressive than average). But her children are her entire world, which is not unusual for ISFJs, in addition she manifests a somewhat subdued need to help people, but this is not something that most people would intuit from first glance.

In addition, I also met a rather troubled ENFP male who actually seems very misanthropic, and doesnt participate freely in group activities. I havent known him for very long, but he possesses a very strong aesthetic sense, and his shadow type (same functions, but in opposite order) is ISTJ, which make sense since I have difficulty attempting to map non ENFP/ISTJ functions onto his personality.

Also keep in mind, it is the E's which are more relationship oriented than the F's. EF's are strongly relationship oriented because:

E= Relationship-oriented (quantity)
F= Values oriented

An ESTP can seem like an F in some circumstances because they are more relationship oriented by nature, than an IF. Not very many people are robotic, if you really look.

Agreed.