Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
MBTI related personality test

Take it here: http://theintuitivemusician.com/free-test/?o=sidebar

Most questions can be answered by anyone, but there are a few that are more musician-specific. Takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. You don't need to pay unless you want the "full results" test (much like similar tests online). Have fun!

Your Test Results – INTJ

Introvert iNtuitive Thinker Judger

INTJs are highly intuitive and creative.

They tend to see the world in terms of possibilities and are very good at imagining effective solutions to problems.

INTJs are often good in business and can be very effective leaders.

Tips for INTJ Musicians:

Don’t expect other people to have the same intuitive/imaginative abilities that you do. INTJs are highly creative and intuitive. This is a rare gift, and as such, it’s important to realize that most other people don’t have it. You’ll need to present your music/ideas in a more finished state than you might realize. Most other types won’t be able to hear what you can hear in your mind when you just play an acoustic demo, for example. It can be very useful and rewarding to learn about home recording and virtual instruments, etc. so that you can better complete your musical ideas.

Avoid spending too much time in your head at the expense of your present reality. INTJs often dream about possibilities, and if this is left unchecked, they can miss the important things that are already in front of you.

INTJs are particularly susceptible to insomnia. This is due to their primary function, Introverted iNtuition, which operates best without sensory distraction. When an INTJ doesn’t get enough quiet time during the day, their intuition may run wild when they try and sleep – causing spontaneous ideas and thought sequences that keep them awake. Meditation can be particularly helpful for INTJs with insomnia.

INTJ Musicians Include:

Henry Rollins
50 Cent
James Hetfield (Metallica)
Jay Z
Johnny Ramone (The Ramones)
Maynard James Keenan (Tool)
Chuck D (Public Enemy)
Glenn Danzig
Brian Eno (Roxy Music / Producer)
Yo Yo Ma

INFJ

Introvert iNtuitive Feeler Judger​
infj-thumb1.jpg
Chances are you’re a very creative person with deep insight into the minds and emotions of other people.
You probably realize on some level that you have rare abilities, though you may have a hard time bringing those abilities to light.
INFJ is the most rare and misunderstood type and it can be extremely valuable for INFJs to learn about their personality type and what exactly it is that makes them different and gifted in unusual ways.

Last edited:
Your results:
INFJ
Introvert iNtuitive Feeler Judger

Chances are you’re a very creative person with deep insight into the minds and emotions of other people.

You probably realize on some level that you have rare abilities, though you may have a hard time bringing those abilities to light.

INFJ is the most rare and misunderstood type and it can be extremely valuable for INFJs to learn about their personality type and what exactly it is that makes them different and gifted in unusual ways.

Tips for INFJ Musicians:
Don’t expect other people to have the same intuitive/imaginative abilities that you do. INFJs are highly creative and intuitive. This is a rare gift, and as such, it’s important to realize that most other people don’t have it. You’ll need to present your music/ideas in a more finished state than you might realize. Most other types won’t be able to hear what you can hear in your mind when you just play an acoustic demo, for example. It can be very useful and rewarding to learn about home recording and virtual instruments, etc. so that you can better complete your musical ideas.
Avoid spending too much time in your head at the expense of your present reality. INFJs often dream about possibilities, and if this is left unchecked, they can miss the important things that are already in front of you.
INFJs are particularly susceptible to insomnia. This is due to their primary function, Introverted iNtuition, which operates best without sensory distraction. When an INFJ doesn’t get enough quiet time during the day, their intuition may run wild when they try and sleep – causing spontaneous ideas and thought sequences that keep them awake. Meditation can be particularly helpful for INFJs with insomnia.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I saw that they listed Marilyn Manson as an INFJ musician. That and James Hetfield as an INTJ. Other than that this was pretty standard fare for an MBTI test: make all the bad, inaccurate generalizations about the letters, then ask people to pay money for it.

Thanks Mia for posting about the test and thanks to everyone for taking it. Feedback is always welcome.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I saw that they listed Marilyn Manson as an INFJ musician. That and James Hetfield as an INTJ. Other than that this was pretty standard fare for an MBTI test: make all the bad, inaccurate generalizations about the letters, then ask people to pay money for it.

I'd love to hear your take on Manson and Hetfield. I'm always open for a debate.

Last edited:
[h=1]Your Test Results – INFJ[/h]
Congratulations on completing the test!
Your results:​
[h=2]INFJ[/h]
Introvert iNtuitive Feeler Judger​
infj-thumb1.jpg

ISTJ

I didn't get any form of description with it. HATERS! lol

Last edited:
Your results:
INTJ
Introvert iNtuitive Thinker Judger

INTJs are highly intuitive and creative.

They tend to see the world in terms of possibilities and are very good at imagining effective solutions to problems.

INTJs are often good in business and can be very effective leaders.

Thank you for the quiz. Based on interaction and thinking style, how would you distinguish an INFP from an INFJ? I am asking because when I first tested MBTI, I was typed INFP but later on got INFJ. Actually, most tests I've taken in the last year say I'm INFJ. But I've identified with INFP for the last few years because of the experiences and feelings which I find similar with other INFPs on other forums. So, how would someone really distinguish if they're INFP vs. INFJ?

Here are a few differences:

INFJs have a stronger ability to get inside the minds/emotions of others and experience their perspective
INFPs generally engage more of their brains when they listen and are probably the most attentive listeners of all types. INFJs are more likely to drift away in their minds while listening
INFJs will tend to have more difficulty focusing in the presence of distraction
INFPs are more likely to be stubborn and make a stand based on their emotions, particularly against authority and INFJs are more likely to be critical in a logical way and to correct other people, either in an immature way or with the genuine intention of helping them
INFJs are more likely to suffer from insomnia and gastrointestinal problems
INFJs will be more acutely aware of the emotions of and between other people
INFPs will enjoy music as more of a moment-to-moment unfolding experience, whereas INFJs will be more oriented to the context and overall composition
INFJs are more likely to go overboard with sex, drugs and alcohol

Hope that helps!