Profoundhappiness

Regular Poster
Oct 14, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
INFJ's seem to be quite the dramatic, it is COMPLETELY or NOT AT ALL

So how do you experience love, being in love and leaving love, what is it like?

Do you feel your depth of love and commitment is met in others?

Or depending on types, please reference these, are they able or unable to meet you at the same place of depth and feeling etc

Do you see the potential for a loving relationship in a person quickly?

Do you often fall in love?? Or almost never??

Do you date a lot? Or little??

Do you tend to know and decide at first dates, rather than a second??

What are your relationships like??

So how do you experience love, being in love and leaving love, what is it like? I've never been 'in love' and since I feel a great deal of love for every human being I'm struggling right now with trying to figure the concept of Eros love as opposed to Agape love. All I have known is how to love somebody who is incapable of loving, and the love was more the Agape kind than Eros, definitely. I struggle between analysing everything, which is counter-intuitive to love and seeing love as just being about taking care of somebody else and being who somebody else needs me to be. I have some exploring and learning to do in this domain. I really want to know what it feels like to love somebody who loves me.

Do you feel your depth of love and commitment is met in others? not even close. I don't think there is a living human being who loves me even close to how much I love them. The only person who ever did I think is my mother and she died ten years ago.

Or depending on types, please reference these, are they able or unable to meet you at the same place of depth and feeling etc. I've been with an estp for 26 years and it's been soul draining, but then again he has sociopathic tendencies. I seem to be attracted to men who remind of the qualities I found in my parents, feelers and sensors, but I have not been in more than a casual non-sexual relationships with them.

Do you see the potential for a loving relationship in a person quickly? To a certain degree. I think if I can feel them as emotional human beings it makes me feel like I could connect.

Do you often fall in love?? Or almost never?? Never so far.

Do you date a lot? Or little?? A little afraid to date. I've only been on a few dates and one turned out creepy.

Do you tend to know and decide at first dates, rather than a second?? I can't imagine knowing much on a first date except wanting to get to know the person better.

What are your relationships like?? I give and I give and I don't get much back. Need to change that in the future.

I experience love as this profound sense that I just want to do things to make them happy, I like to surprise them, I like to give gifts, I love to touch them and hold hands, I love to talk with them- I just want to engage on a full and meaningful level. I want to be there for them as much as I can. Although I've learned the hard way, that I can't be so selfless in love, and that I need to love myself, and take care of myself first, before I can love the other person.

Leaving love is devastating, I will try my hardest to make things work, and if I recognize they cannot work, then I will make up my mind, and as much as it hurts my heart I will move on, and try to recover the best I can. Sometimes its okay to be sad, and heartbreak takes time to heal- but in the end I will be grateful for my experiences.

Do you feel your depth of love and commitment is met in others? '
I will only be in a relationship with someone I trust, and in which there is mutuality in love. I have been in relationships where I knew I loved the other person more, and that is the most horrible thing- because I always sought their approval instead of knowing my worth.

Sometimes you just know, but sometimes chemistry/lust/wishful-thinking can cloud your judgment. In some cases I've had dreams that revealed the extent to which the relationship could progress. I had one dream with a suitor where we both hugged each other and said, "I like you" and I knew that we liked each other, but we were not able to form a more serious connection. With another suitor, the first night I spend the night at his house, in my dream we told each other, "I love you," and I felt like that was a sign we could form a much deeper bond.

I have had lots of crushes, but when I fall in love, it is a much rarer thing. Falling in love involves so much, partially it is out of one's hands- you can't help who you love, but on the other hand it is a choice.

Do you date a lot? Or little??
I've dated a decent amount, and I enjoy that, and the choice, but ultimately, I prefer to be monogamous and am more relationship oriented.

Yes, I know on first dates how far things can progress, and how interested I am.

What are your relationships like??
I've only been in one serious relationship, and had a number of flings, and the relationship was not one of mutuality, so I don't want to just talk about past experiences exclusively. In the main relationship- we were best friends, in the sense that we were very close to each other intellectually, and would have long conversations- although not the emotional connection I would like. In other relationships since then, I prefer to engage in activities, have a group of close friends we can share together, and generally be each others comrades and partners in crime.

Last edited:
A light switch going off that I undeniably and unequivocally hooked (I fall fast and hard). Somehow this other person means more then words could ever describe and is in every waking thought. As for leaving, I do believe that dying a horribly slow and painful death would be more pleasurable. Half of my soul leaves with them.

Do you feel your depth of love and commitment is met in others?
Not yet, or at least not in the same ways, but I maintain hope and know it is possible.

Potential, very quickly. Certainty takes a little longer.

Somewhat often if I were to let myself.

More or less, yes. Been told its creepy by friends so I hold back and try and play the game. Which is probably creepy too. Can't win.