The future of medicine | INFJ Forum

The future of medicine

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
Stem cell therapies are promising the development of a regenerative medicine which will permit the recovery of organs or the whole person from the ravages of age, passage of time and degenerative illnesses.

Personalised medicine is a possibility on the back of genome mapping which will make personalised information available upon susceptibility to medicines and treatments or tailoring of dosages to avoid side effects.

Preventative medicine mapping of DNA could provide individual longevity predictions with greater than ever degrees of accuracy, you could determine your individual cancer or other disease risk, you could make decisions about relationships and family planning on the back of information about yourself and partners.

Bioinformatics big data could provide information on what is trending in diseases such as cancer, detecting evolved immunities or constitutional resistances to illness.

Those are just what is actually happening in innovative medicine, what would you predict or what would be the dreams of medical advances in the future?

3-D printed organs :) just off the top of my head.

Imagine if it'd be possible to print of pace makers or other vital pieces of kit like that?

Perhaps it'd be a means to producing sterilised surgical tools too.

Imagine if it'd be possible to print of pace makers or other vital pieces of kit like that?

Perhaps it'd be a means to producing sterilised surgical tools too.

They can already print complicated parts of things, perhaps with some more advancements to the technology, then they could make things like pacemakers (if they can't already).

Digital recreations of human brains to predict, isolate, and treat mental disorders and neurological issues a la the Human Brain Project.

They can already print complicated parts of things, perhaps with some more advancements to the technology, then they could make things like pacemakers (if they can't already).

I did read about some of the 3D printers having programmes which printed the component parts of a 3D printer, even if it were limited to a single print run it could lead to widespread distribution of the printers and I could see it being a godsend to places were things such as medical supplies were in short supply.

Patient-centred care for alzheimer's patients.

The thing about this is that in the last two days I've read about and heard on the radio about anti-biotic resistant illnesses being on the rise and the possiblity of medicine being set back to the days of the nineteenth century by it, which is the opposite extreme to the stories I've been reading elsewhere about how nano technology could arrest degenerative brain disease by replacing peoples illness affected brains with sylocone based ones which could last thousands of years and things of that kind.

I dont know what to think, like if those sorts of super tech medicine are coming but only after a new dark age which will reduce the population of the earth to a handful of people or something.