The dark side of mbti types | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The dark side of mbti types

An attempt at the "dark" (or really annoying) sides of types I am more familiar with: (All in good humor. Please don't take any of this personally. Yep, that is my Fe.)

INFJ: I am so incredibly unique, no one will ever understand me. This world is so lonely.
ENFJ: Everyone needs to acknowledge what a great, personable, friendly, capable guy I am. Capable of neglecting people they love and themselves because they get lost in "a greater cause".
INTJ: No one grasps reality the way I do. I'm the only one with a true understanding, and therefore I can only trust myself. I don't have patience to listen to others' nonsense.
ENTJ: Everyone needs to listen to me, because only I know how to get the job done. If people don't listen or see the genius of my approach they are stupid and not worthy of respect.
ESFJ: People need to follow the rules and make themselves useful. Otherwise they are terrible and I will make sure everyone knows about it.
ESFP: Look at me look at me look at me. I am so nice. I am so fashionable. I am so wonderful. The conversation is not about me? You people are boring. They can also love bomb way too intensely it's uncomfortable.
ESTJ: So many lazy good for nothing people. I need to set them straight.
ENFP: Forget about any purpose or goals, just go in whichever direction they currently feel pulled. Flaky.

Gandhi believed in upholding the caste system.
Martin Luther King Junior cheated on his wife.
Mother Teresa's medical care was purportedly "haphazard" and she used a spiritual approach to pain management instead of using painkillers.
Nelson Mandela had a history of violence.
Mother Teresa was truly awful - Christopher Hitchens did a fairly well-known expose on her a good while ago. Then there's MLK being involved in that whole gang rape thing. Gandhi was also a shitbag to his wife, apparently.

I can't really speak for the darkness of other types, but I know there's something in me that naturally believes I am right! Like an innate knowledge of what is right or wrong and who is good and bad. Maybe in a similar way INFJs have visions of the future or what is happening but can't quite tell you why-- you guys just know.

Maybe INFPs have this but it's about people and what is morally correct or just. It's so strong you are just sure that you possess a discernment that others do not. Sometimes I catch myself doing this and have to say-- Whoa! Slow down. Let's check that. I'm usually not wrong about these things but I think that this is something that unchecked or unbalanced could lead to fanaticism. The "evil" infp will think they are right and everyone else is wrong. They will think they are doing good when really they are not. They can't see themselves as evil. Maybe they can really only do evil if they think it is good. Thankfully, we have Ne to play devil's advocate in our mind against these ideas. I think Ne and Te push us to question ourselves. Or an "evil" infp will have to push themselves to break their own code out of spite for themselves and the world. This is the tortured villain.

Not sure how Si fits in. But I could also see an INFP villain stuck in a Fi+Si loop and hell bent on vengeance, or righting a wrong done to them or someone they love-- something unjust would have happened that should not have happened and they must right the wrong.

I'm not sure what mbti type The Punisher or Frank Castle is, but I can see him in that grip. But I don't think he's an infp. Maybe he's an istj?

This is relatable. I think that the incapability to process what the other is going through is what leads to things like war and divorce. I always check myself even though after some good thought, I always find that it's the differences in internal value systems that cause the rift. I think that "I'm right!" voice is very INTJ. I think that the INFJ is more: "Am I right?" But I do think that both types spend a ridiculous amount of time assessing and forming their value systems which lead them to be headstrong in their value systems. So when they're "disappointed" with the world, it's because "why are you mother fuckers not putting as much effort?" or "how can you not see this so clearly you people of poor make!". Of the two types though, I think the INFJ is more likely to re assess and reconsider, thus empathizes more outwardly. Yet I think INTJs are the more accepting types. Hard. In the end, both types will find their value systems to be righter than most. I think. Ha.
INTJ: No one grasps reality the way I do. I'm the only one with a true understanding, and therefore I can only trust myself. I don't have patience to listen to others' nonsense.

INTJ Dark Side
I mentioned this in @Asa's blog recently, but my 'dark side', which was most apparent in my early 20s, was centred on themes of competence, excellence and worthiness, or more precisely, other people not meeting these standards.

I'd gotten to university, expecting to finally be surrounded by my peers, only to be shocked that most people were still kind of 'unworthy'. I felt a deep inner rage at the 'priviledge' that had allowed these dumb fucks to get there - be it the bank of mum and dad or a whole lot of middle class cultural and social capital. Compared to my background which was the very lowest socioeconomic stratum of society.

Often there was this pervasive feeling that 'I could do this better... better than practically anyone', and being constantly contemptuously disappointed at the sheer incompetence I saw everywhere around me (except for those lucky few I'd judged worthy). Every workplace I got into, I usually thought 'I should run this place, they're doing it all wrong'.

As I grew up, the analysis of competence didn't go away, but it was completely stripped of its judgey, 'emotional', petulant colour. It became something cold and very matter of fact, and I stopped despising the incompetent. In fact I'm not sure if I was contemptuous of them as individuals, or just the systems that had put them in positions of power and influence. I think between the ages of about 19 and 21, what was driving my 'dark side' was a deep sense of injustice and unfairness, which manifested as a kind of wrathful arrogance (which nonetheless I kept under tight control).

At the time, I explored this in my worldbuilding (personified as demons), because I was also ashamed of these traits (that type 1 perfectionism). I think they give a pretty good representation of what my darkside was about, and perhaps of INTJs more generally:
Hence, by at least 004.M34 and certainly by 043.M34, the Ovokers had discovered the relationships between, and the characteristics of, the eight Skylocks to which they were continually at risk. Thanks mostly to the insights of Ěnē and his successors, the Ovokers were able to publish – in 047.M34 – the Ða̷ī̱nða̷îl Ȑa̷īv (Ȑiþȑa̷în: ‘The Eight Skylocks’), which described how these daemons were all attracted to the various aspects of ‘worthiness of status’ and ‘pride’, and could gain control over individuals who obsessed over such emotions excessively. Of course, thanks to the marðâlan, the ‘lessons’ drawn from the Ða̷ī̱nða̷îl Ȑa̷īv were all moral in character, making it an extremely influential publication in terms of popular behaviours and conceptions of ‘vice’. For the Ovokers, it marked a great advance in their knowledge of the daemonic.

The Eight Skylocks – the Ba̷itâmmo̱ȑ (Ȑiþȑa̷în: ‘Allies of Ammo̱ȑ’)
1. AMMO̱Ȑ
1.1. Gender: Male
1.2. Aliases: Akh’iakashslaa, The Slayer of Temperance, The Rebel, The Revolutionary, The Wrathful, Kur Sunsunu, Amurdath, The Waning of Balance, The Usurper, The Envious, The Jealous, The Wrathenvy, The Vandal of Birthrights
1.3. Aspects: Worthy, Proud, Low Status
1.4. Alignment: Independent daemon/god allied to Slaanesh (waning of balance); aspects of Khorne (wrath); aspects of Tzeentch (change); minor aspects of Nurgle (vandalism/entropy).
1.5. Description: Ammo̱ȑ is a daemon of deep time, created from impulses to subdue temperance, end caution and destroy history. He does not embody pleasure, but the essence of the urge to end temperance; the great anti-ascetic impulse that yearns for a more fulfilling life – it is the noble rebellion of the lowborn mutated into avaricious jealousy and wrath. An affront of the worst kind – the greatest moral endeavour turned against itself. Ammo̱ȑ embodies the pure wrath of jealousy and the arrogance of natural superiority – the tragic figure of the once-noble lowborn rebel succumbed to wrath and vengeance and forgetful of magnanimity. It appears as a tall humanoid figure of noble bearing, powerfully muscled and wielding a huge, double-handed club of wanton destruction, the Thronebreaker, its grey skin covered only by ornate loincloth and usurper’s cloak.

2. NȈĒ
2.1. Gender: Female
2.2. Aliases: The Paragon
2.3. Aspects: Worthy, Proud, High Status
2.4. Alignment: Possibly Slaanesh
2.5. Description: Nȉē is born from the pride of the high and mighty, energised by unassailiable warlords, arrogant geniuses and incorruptible saints. She can embody feelings of natural right order and justice, in addition to those of elitism, arrogance and boastfulness, preying on those talented few with equally high opinions of themselves. Attracted to competent tyrants, her influence can be seen where compassion and brotherhood drains from societies, only to be replaced by competition and ruthlessness. Her preferred appearance is unknown.

3. ÐORON
3.1. Gender: Male
3.2. Aliases: The Striver
3.3. Aspects: Worthy, Ashamed, Low Status
3.4. Alignment: Possibly Slaanesh; aspects of Tzeentch
3.5. Description: Ðoron represents the striver – the one born into a low station, internalises his own inferiority by the ideology of his time, and struggles earnestly to improve his social standing. He can snare those who believe that there is some justice and meritocracy in the world, and who attempt to climb the ladder without disrupting the system. He is energised by the conservatism and struggle of the low-born; those who fail to see or realise inherent injustices, those who are ultimately motivated by avarice, status and power, and those who are willing to step on their fellows in their rise. In appearance he is a powerful beast adorned with golden ornaments, representing the lowborn status, power and avarice of his aspects.

4. BADDUȐA̱
4.1. Gender: Female
4.2. Aliases: The Doubting Bitch, The Imposter
4.3. Aspects: Worthy, Ashamed, High Status
4.4. Alignment: Possibly Nurgle; influences of Isha
4.5. Description: Badduȑa̱ is a daemon of those who feel themselves imposters; those who feel that their achievements were undeserved, or accounted them to the vagaries of chance or timing. As such, it has often been the patron of talented women who break into patriarchal environments and come to suffer from some measure of imposter syndrome, or happy and good mothers and wives who feel that they have parasitized their husbands or children, ultimately leading them to abandon all that they have rightfully earned. She appears as a beautiful woman with eyes shining like fire and glowing hair which flows around her body like an aureola, though her face is concealed by a mask displaying a doubtful expression.

5. ȐOZA̷ION
5.1. Gender: Female
5.2. Aliases: The Petty Tyrant, The Tin Queen
5.3. Aspects: Unworthy, Proud, Low Status
5.4. Alignment: Possibly Slaanesh; aspects of Khorne
5.5. Description: Ȑoza̷ion is a daemon of petty tyranny and those who esteem themselves far beyond their proper station. As such, she is the patron of bullies, minor superiors and typically women who feel that it is their right to be treated as royalty despite no such qualification, as well as those who make much of small distinctions, such as membership of a race, creed or gender. Her hosts are thus encouraged to continue on with their alienating behaviour, wrecking the daily lives of those under their charge with their preposterous posturing and demands. She appears as an ugly woman or female humanoid with a beast’s head, adorned with poorly-wrought ornaments of lesser metals such as tin and glass.

6. KHOLAN
6.1. Gender: Male
6.2. Aliases: The Hubrist
6.3. Aspects: Unworthy, Proud, High Status
6.4. Alignment: Possibly Khorne; aspects of Slaanesh
6.5. Description: Kholan is a powerful daemon of hubris, empowered by the inflated egoes of those in high positions, and especially so by mad despots who lack perspective. He can often cause the utter ruin of societies by encouraging the inept and haughty to gain positions of power and then watching as they inevitably destroy that over which they have come to preside. Since Kholan is often the cause of wars when his hosts over-reach themselves, he is favoured by Khorne as an instigator of bloodshed. In appearance he takes the form of an unarmoured and unarmed male humanoid wearing a high crown, symbolising hubris incarnate.

7. HAȐBAE̷IS
7.1. Gender: Female
7.2. Aliases: The Self-Pitier, The Wretch, The Sympathiser
7.3. Aspects: Unworthy, Ashamed, Low Status
7.4. Alignment: Possibly Nurgle
7.5. Description: Haȑbae̷is is the daemon of self-pity, victimhood and helplessness, empowered by those who see themselves as being in the most wretched state and deserving of help and sympathy from others. Empowered by pathetic pleas for aid and rejections of self-help, Haȑbae̷is encourages her hosts to beg and plead for more and more, to wallow in self-pity and ultimately to drastic measures of desperation. She appears as a wretched old woman with bandages over her eyes and a perpetually wailing mouth, holding out a pair of begging, cupped hands, with another pair of arms ending in oversized grasping claws.

8. KHAMȐÂN
8.1. Gender: Male
8.2. Aliases: The Vandal of Patrimonies, The Penitent, The Meek One
8.3. Aspects: Unworthy, Ashamed, High Status
8.4. Alignment: Possibly Nurgle
Description: Khamȑân is another powerful daemon, representing aspects completely opposed (and yet ultimately allied) to those of Ammo̱ȑ, embodying the self-aware shame of the unworthy in high positions. A tragic affliction, Khamȑân is attracted to royal heirs who know that they are unworthy of their patrimony, as well as those beset by excessive humility and meekness. His desire is to see his hosts destroy everything they have out of shame, encouraging abdications, resignations, self-exiles and other more drastic measures. Like Ammo̱ȑ, Khamȑân is at essence a vandal, whose only wish is to see the edifices of civilisation brought down by its own ashamed rulers. His appearance is unknown.

That guy 'AMMO̱Ȑ'? That is darkside me to a tee. My hatred of conservatism, the whole 'usurper' vibe, 'wrath-envy', the rage of the lowborn, the Vandal of Birthrights. I wanted to burn Eton College to the ground, destroy all priviledge, abolish inheritance, &c., and basically have everybody judged on their 'natural' talent and character.

I cheered for Bane with dark, justice-rage fueled glee, in The Dark Knight Rises

AAAARGGHHH!!! Lmao. It still gets me going. :tearsofjoy::smilingimp::tearsofjoy:

3. ÐORON
3.5. Description: Ðoron represents the striver – the one born into a low station, internalises his own inferiority by the ideology of his time, and struggles earnestly to improve his social standing. He can snare those who believe that there is some justice and meritocracy in the world, and who attempt to climb the ladder without disrupting the system. He is energised by the conservatism and struggle of the low-born; those who fail to see or realise inherent injustices, those who are ultimately motivated by avarice, status and power, and those who are willing to step on their fellows in their rise. In appearance he is a powerful beast adorned with golden ornaments, representing the lowborn status, power and avarice of his aspects.

The ENTJ demon would you say, @Pin?

3. ÐORON

The ENTJ demon would you say, @Pin?
Unfortunately.

@Deleted member 16771

INTJ Dark Side
I mentioned this in @Asa's blog recently, but my 'dark side', which was most apparent in my early 20s, was centred on themes of competence, excellence and worthiness, or more precisely, other people not meeting these standards.

I'd gotten to university, expecting to finally be surrounded by my peers, only to be shocked that most people were still kind of 'unworthy'. I felt a deep inner rage at the 'priviledge' that had allowed these dumb fucks to get there - be it the bank of mum and dad or a whole lot of middle class cultural and social capital. Compared to my background which was the very lowest socioeconomic stratum of society.

Often there was this pervasive feeling that 'I could do this better... better than practically anyone', and being constantly contemptuously disappointed at the sheer incompetence I saw everywhere around me (except for those lucky few I'd judged worthy). Every workplace I got into, I usually thought 'I should run this place, they're doing it all wrong'.

As I grew up, the analysis of competence didn't go away, but it was completely stripped of its judgey, 'emotional', petulant colour. It became something cold and very matter of fact, and I stopped despising the incompetent. In fact I'm not sure if I was contemptuous of them as individuals, or just the systems that had put them in positions of power and influence. I think between the ages of about 19 and 21, what was driving my 'dark side' was a deep sense of injustice and unfairness, which manifested as a kind of wrathful arrogance (which nonetheless I kept under tight control).

At the time, I explored this in my worldbuilding (personified as demons), because I was also ashamed of these traits (that type 1 perfectionism). I think they give a pretty good representation of what my darkside was about, and perhaps of INTJs more generally:
Hence, by at least 004.M34 and certainly by 043.M34, the Ovokers had discovered the relationships between, and the characteristics of, the eight Skylocks to which they were continually at risk. Thanks mostly to the insights of Ěnē and his successors, the Ovokers were able to publish – in 047.M34 – the Ða̷ī̱nða̷îl Ȑa̷īv (Ȑiþȑa̷în: ‘The Eight Skylocks’), which described how these daemons were all attracted to the various aspects of ‘worthiness of status’ and ‘pride’, and could gain control over individuals who obsessed over such emotions excessively. Of course, thanks to the marðâlan, the ‘lessons’ drawn from the Ða̷ī̱nða̷îl Ȑa̷īv were all moral in character, making it an extremely influential publication in terms of popular behaviours and conceptions of ‘vice’. For the Ovokers, it marked a great advance in their knowledge of the daemonic.

The Eight Skylocks – the Ba̷itâmmo̱ȑ (Ȑiþȑa̷în: ‘Allies of Ammo̱ȑ’)
1. AMMO̱Ȑ
1.1. Gender: Male
1.2. Aliases: Akh’iakashslaa, The Slayer of Temperance, The Rebel, The Revolutionary, The Wrathful, Kur Sunsunu, Amurdath, The Waning of Balance, The Usurper, The Envious, The Jealous, The Wrathenvy, The Vandal of Birthrights
1.3. Aspects: Worthy, Proud, Low Status
1.4. Alignment: Independent daemon/god allied to Slaanesh (waning of balance); aspects of Khorne (wrath); aspects of Tzeentch (change); minor aspects of Nurgle (vandalism/entropy).
1.5. Description: Ammo̱ȑ is a daemon of deep time, created from impulses to subdue temperance, end caution and destroy history. He does not embody pleasure, but the essence of the urge to end temperance; the great anti-ascetic impulse that yearns for a more fulfilling life – it is the noble rebellion of the lowborn mutated into avaricious jealousy and wrath. An affront of the worst kind – the greatest moral endeavour turned against itself. Ammo̱ȑ embodies the pure wrath of jealousy and the arrogance of natural superiority – the tragic figure of the once-noble lowborn rebel succumbed to wrath and vengeance and forgetful of magnanimity. It appears as a tall humanoid figure of noble bearing, powerfully muscled and wielding a huge, double-handed club of wanton destruction, the Thronebreaker, its grey skin covered only by ornate loincloth and usurper’s cloak.

2. NȈĒ
2.1. Gender: Female
2.2. Aliases: The Paragon
2.3. Aspects: Worthy, Proud, High Status
2.4. Alignment: Possibly Slaanesh
2.5. Description: Nȉē is born from the pride of the high and mighty, energised by unassailiable warlords, arrogant geniuses and incorruptible saints. She can embody feelings of natural right order and justice, in addition to those of elitism, arrogance and boastfulness, preying on those talented few with equally high opinions of themselves. Attracted to competent tyrants, her influence can be seen where compassion and brotherhood drains from societies, only to be replaced by competition and ruthlessness. Her preferred appearance is unknown.

3. ÐORON

4. BADDUȐA̱
4.1. Gender: Female
4.2. Aliases: The Doubting Bitch, The Imposter
4.3. Aspects: Worthy, Ashamed, High Status
4.4. Alignment: Possibly Nurgle; influences of Isha
4.5. Description: Badduȑa̱ is a daemon of those who feel themselves imposters; those who feel that their achievements were undeserved, or accounted them to the vagaries of chance or timing. As such, it has often been the patron of talented women who break into patriarchal environments and come to suffer from some measure of imposter syndrome, or happy and good mothers and wives who feel that they have parasitized their husbands or children, ultimately leading them to abandon all that they have rightfully earned. She appears as a beautiful woman with eyes shining like fire and glowing hair which flows around her body like an aureola, though her face is concealed by a mask displaying a doubtful expression.

5. ȐOZA̷ION
5.1. Gender: Female
5.2. Aliases: The Petty Tyrant, The Tin Queen
5.3. Aspects: Unworthy, Proud, Low Status
5.4. Alignment: Possibly Slaanesh; aspects of Khorne
5.5. Description: Ȑoza̷ion is a daemon of petty tyranny and those who esteem themselves far beyond their proper station. As such, she is the patron of bullies, minor superiors and typically women who feel that it is their right to be treated as royalty despite no such qualification, as well as those who make much of small distinctions, such as membership of a race, creed or gender. Her hosts are thus encouraged to continue on with their alienating behaviour, wrecking the daily lives of those under their charge with their preposterous posturing and demands. She appears as an ugly woman or female humanoid with a beast’s head, adorned with poorly-wrought ornaments of lesser metals such as tin and glass.

6. KHOLAN
6.1. Gender: Male
6.2. Aliases: The Hubrist
6.3. Aspects: Unworthy, Proud, High Status
6.4. Alignment: Possibly Khorne; aspects of Slaanesh
6.5. Description: Kholan is a powerful daemon of hubris, empowered by the inflated egoes of those in high positions, and especially so by mad despots who lack perspective. He can often cause the utter ruin of societies by encouraging the inept and haughty to gain positions of power and then watching as they inevitably destroy that over which they have come to preside. Since Kholan is often the cause of wars when his hosts over-reach themselves, he is favoured by Khorne as an instigator of bloodshed. In appearance he takes the form of an unarmoured and unarmed male humanoid wearing a high crown, symbolising hubris incarnate.

7. HAȐBAE̷IS
7.1. Gender: Female
7.2. Aliases: The Self-Pitier, The Wretch, The Sympathiser
7.3. Aspects: Unworthy, Ashamed, Low Status
7.4. Alignment: Possibly Nurgle
7.5. Description: Haȑbae̷is is the daemon of self-pity, victimhood and helplessness, empowered by those who see themselves as being in the most wretched state and deserving of help and sympathy from others. Empowered by pathetic pleas for aid and rejections of self-help, Haȑbae̷is encourages her hosts to beg and plead for more and more, to wallow in self-pity and ultimately to drastic measures of desperation. She appears as a wretched old woman with bandages over her eyes and a perpetually wailing mouth, holding out a pair of begging, cupped hands, with another pair of arms ending in oversized grasping claws.

8. KHAMȐÂN
8.1. Gender: Male
8.2. Aliases: The Vandal of Patrimonies, The Penitent, The Meek One
8.3. Aspects: Unworthy, Ashamed, High Status
8.4. Alignment: Possibly Nurgle
Description: Khamȑân is another powerful daemon, representing aspects completely opposed (and yet ultimately allied) to those of Ammo̱ȑ, embodying the self-aware shame of the unworthy in high positions. A tragic affliction, Khamȑân is attracted to royal heirs who know that they are unworthy of their patrimony, as well as those beset by excessive humility and meekness. His desire is to see his hosts destroy everything they have out of shame, encouraging abdications, resignations, self-exiles and other more drastic measures. Like Ammo̱ȑ, Khamȑân is at essence a vandal, whose only wish is to see the edifices of civilisation brought down by its own ashamed rulers. His appearance is unknown.

That guy 'AMMO̱Ȑ'? That is darkside me to a tee. My hatred of conservatism, the whole 'usurper' vibe, 'wrath-envy', the rage of the lowborn, the Vandal of Birthrights. I wanted to burn Eton College to the ground, destroy all priviledge, abolish inheritance, &c., and basically have everybody judged on their 'natural' talent and character.

I cheered for Bane with dark, justice-rage fueled glee, in The Dark Knight Rises

AAAARGGHHH!!! Lmao. It still gets me going. :tearsofjoy::smilingimp::tearsofjoy:
Great post! Based on that, I think the Bane scene would be a good depiction of a villainous Deleted member 16771 :laughing:.

Last edited:
Mother Teresa was truly awful - Christopher Hitchens did a fairly well-known expose on her a good while ago. Then there's MLK being involved in that whole gang rape thing. Gandhi was also a shitbag to his wife, apparently.

Yes, I know about Hitchens expose. Mother Teresa never sat well with me. Examining her and others, including Hitler, there seems to be an INFJ dark side pattern of steamrolling through to maintain ones convictions and vision. I'm not saying all INFJs do this or that we do it all of the time, but there is a tendency when INFJs go to extremes.

Regarding Doctor King, maybe. Hoover was trying to smear all the Civil Rights leaders. Read this article. It's an opinion piece, but raises good points. Considering the FBI was trying to get rid of the Civil Rights leaders, we need to keep that in mind. "Rape" allegations were (and still are) a classic tool for vilifying Black men, particularly powerful ones.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/opinion/martin-luther-king-fbi.html

Even if he was present at the rape and did nothing to stop it, it doesn't take away from the good he did, which is the point of mentioning him and other great, positive INFJ leaders in this thread. He's the historical spokesperson of the Civil Rights movement, even above Malcolm X. James Forman deserves just as much credit, but doesn't get it. Activists like Fred Hampton deserve that fame, too. What may make the case for MLK being an INFJ (and not an ENFJ as he is sometimes also classified) is that there were so many other powerful Civil Rights leaders in his midst. INFJs aren't necessarily leaders. They're not followers, either. They are more likely to be "part of something", and they are likely to be dedicated. Many of his peers were more direct and no-nonsense, more intimidating or "radical". MLK used more approachable tactics and language than some. He was able to meet with JFK and, purportedly, even gave JFK hell (whatever that meant) for not backing the Freedom Riders.

Yet, people aren't perfect. He is often presented as perfect now. The quotes that are promoted are the "perfect", easily digestable ones. He had a dark side, like we all do. Even though Coretta kicked major ass as an activist and human being (and even called JFK for help herself before JFK was elected when MLK was in jail) there is evidence that he was not loyal to her. Why? Well, gender dynamics were different then. It still seems weird that this man of god would be unfaithful, especially when he was obviously such a dedicated human being that he was willing to risk death for his cause. When a behavior seems inconsistent like this, it's the dark side. He likely had a lengthy reason and configured beliefs that justified his actions, and Fe could have played a role in this, but a Christian minister being unfaithful to his wife is dark side stuff.

Nothing I've said here is meant to diminish MLK, it's just meant to discuss that he was human and complex and that people who are "good" usually have some unflattering behaviors, too. I have much respect for him.

Nothing I've said here is meant to diminish MLK, it's just meant to discuss that he was human and complex and that people who are "good" usually have some unflattering behaviors, too. I have much respect for him.

he was vilified by the white establishment to minimize his message. . we are all flawed in one way or another. even Jesus blew a gasket and tore up the temple. I think we all sit on one pan on the cosmic balance scale. our deeds determine how we measure up. . some add to us, some detract. where the balance needle rests is the measure of us

he was vilified by the white establishment to minimize his message. . we are all flawed in one way or another. even Jesus blew a gasket and tore up the temple. I think we all sit on one pan on the cosmic balance scale. our deeds determine how we measure up. . some add to us, some detract. where the balance needle rests is the measure of us

I agree 100%. Also, I lolled at your phrasing, "Jesus blew a gasket".

In keeping with the theme of the thread: In some cases, the dark side is what helped a person be most effective, even if the methods weren't ideal. In other cases, the dark side was like releasing a pressure valve.

wwjd.jpg

Last edited:
An attempt at the "dark" (or really annoying) sides of types I am more familiar with: (All in good humor. Please don't take any of this personally. Yep, that is my Fe.)

INFJ: I am so incredibly unique, no one will ever understand me. This world is so lonely.
ENFJ: Everyone needs to acknowledge what a great, personable, friendly, capable guy I am. Capable of neglecting people they love and themselves because they get lost in "a greater cause".
ENTJ: Everyone needs to listen to me, because only I know how to get the job done. If people don't listen or see the genius of my approach they are stupid and not worthy of respect.
ESFJ: People need to follow the rules and make themselves useful. Otherwise they are terrible and I will make sure everyone knows about it.
ESFP: Look at me look at me look at me. I am so nice. I am so fashionable. I am so wonderful. The conversation is not about me? You people are boring. They can also love bomb way too intensely it's uncomfortable.
ENFP: Forget about any purpose or goals, just go in whichever direction they currently feel pulled. Flaky.

8 more personalities just ignored
How evil as that? Lol

ENFJ: Woke narcissism
ESFJ: Hell Fire sermon
ESFP: Fakebook and Twitter
ESTJ: Work Martyr
ENFP: Lines of Cocaine