The dark side of mbti types | INFJ Forum

The dark side of mbti types

Stemming from the derailing of @mintoots Type Me thread -- here's a place to discuss the dark sides of mbti types.

Let's talk infamously evil people of a particular type and fictional villains of particular types.

Maybe even what the types are like under stress.

Here's a preliminary view of my type biases.

Least likely to be villainous: ISFP, INFP

Most likely to be villainous: ESTP

Most likely to be villainous and to have the means to achieve their dark, oh so dark goals: ENTJ, INTJ, INFJ

Most likely to say "explain what you mean by villainous!" and be unsatisfied with the response: INTP

Last edited:
Most likely to say "explain what you mean by villainous!" and be unsatisfied with the response: INTP
I was actually going to go into this thing about is it really evil if the intentions are good (though twisted, like Thanos' necessary evil for greater good vision) or if, like in Kylo Ren's case, he needs to convince himself he's evil (by killing his dad)? Which leads into: Does evil really exist? What is evil and what makes someone evil?

Last edited:
Good thread.

INFP: One dark side is the tendency to become critical and cold under extreme stress. Not a difficult "dark side" to deal with for me, imo. The other dark side is when you're on the wrong side of their beliefs. Being thought of as a monster in an INFP's eyes is not fun.

INTJ: I've never personally incurred the wrath of an INTJ, but I've seen it happen to other people, and from what I've observed, they are cut to pieces by sharp, cold, judgment.

ENTJ: Homicidal maniacs

INTP: One minute, they'll imply that you're unintelligent, and the next, they'll throw a hissy fit.

ENTP: I've literally never seen the dark side of this type.

INFJ: Transforms into INTJ - the world is not safe

ESTJ:

giphy.gif

Good thread.

INFP: One dark side is the tendency to become critical and cold under extreme stress. Not a difficult "dark side" to deal with for me, imo. The other dark side is when you're on the wrong side of their beliefs. Being thought of as a monster in an INFP's eyes is not fun.

INTJ: I've never personally incurred the wrath of an INTJ, but I've seen it happen to other people, and from what I've observed, they are cut to pieces by sharp, cold, judgment.

ENTJ: Homicidal maniacs

INTP: One minute, they'll imply that you're unintelligent, and the next, they'll throw a hissy fit.

ENTP: I've literally never seen the dark side of this type.

INFJ: Transforms into INTJ - the world is not safe

ESTJ:

giphy.gif
:laughing:

Yeah I know I am very capable of being callous, cold and critical at times. I think in those times, Te may be overcompensating. If I were a villainess, I would be a tortured one. Probably a lot like Kylo Ren. Who really seems torn. Probably the most ineffective villain in the grand scheme of villainy.

I'm pretty sure that Milgram already proved how Fe is the source of all evil.
Interesting.

I've always attributed Milgram's results to too much Si instead. (Authority, hierarchy, rules.)
The learner clearly vocalized their pain and even begged the test subject to stop. Wouldn't that affect a person with proper Fe development?

In contrast, I believe Asch's experiments shows what happens when Fe is out of whack.

Interesting.

I've always attributed Milgram's results to too much Si instead. (Authority, hierarchy, rules.)
The learner clearly vocalized their pain and even begged the test subject to stop. Wouldn't that affect a person with proper Fe development?

In contrast, I believe Asch's experiments shows what happens when Fe is out of whack.
I was joking, but I can stand by it.

I need to eat first, though.

Interesting.

Yeah, I think Si is the real target as well.

In all seriousness, when I hear "dark side", I think "a repressed aspect of a person that tends to affect others negatively". Self-awareness of ones weaknesses and growth opportunities would hopefully lessen the expression of this "dark side".

When it comes to "evil" (perhaps the ultimate form of "the dark side"), I don't think of people as "evil" as much as "abnormal"; someone without empathy (considered a mental health issue) that chooses to harm others earns this label, but the idea of evil being some sort of irredeemable "bad" just ignores the fact that they have issues like everyone else.

I'm pretty sure that Milgram already proved how Fe is the source of all evil.

'Agreeableness' is the most dangerous trait anyone can have.

You have a weird view of Fe.

Fe is a social dynamics pusher/callibrator primarily imo.It's a lot like Te if only you would substitute the "substrate" with social groups, tribes, individuals, interactions, ways to affect/navigate/influence.

I don't think the experiment relates well to any fuction and if I had to venture a guess I would guess the participants would likely have a variety of types.

In all seriousness, when I hear "dark side", I think "a repressed aspect of a person that tends to affect others negatively". Self-awareness of ones weaknesses and growth opportunities would hopefully lessen the expression of this "dark side".

When it comes to "evil" (perhaps the ultimate form of "the dark side"), I don't think of people as "evil" as much as "abnormal"; someone without empathy (considered a mental health issue) that chooses to harm others earns this label, but the idea of evil being some sort of irredeemable "bad" just ignores the fact that they have issues like everyone else.
@Ren was right. :laughing:

Last edited: