The China Study | INFJ Forum

The China Study

No, but I'm considering switching to a almost 100% raw food diet, permanently.

However, as I like to workout I'm a bit concerned about the lack of protein in such a lifestyle, and I'm considering supplementing with protein whey.

Quote from their website:

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]"Even today, as the low-carb craze sweeps the nation, two-thirds of adults are still obese and children are being diagnosed with Type II diabetes, typically an “adult” disease, at an alarming rate. If we’re eating healthier, why are Americans stricken with heart disease as much as we were 30 years ago?[/FONT]"

The fact is that we, Americans, are NOT eating healthier than we were 30 years ago. In all likelihood we are eating worse, due to the dramatic expansion of fast food establishments, and the ever increasing prevalence of high-fructose corn-syrup in common foods.

And dont get me started on low-carb diets. Your body needs carbs to make basic neurotransmitters, like dopamine, serotonin, epinephrine, etc., to regulate your moods. Without an adequate amount of carbohydrates in your diet you can develop serious mood disorders.

Humans evolved as omnivores and we need a proper balance of protein, carbs, fiber, dairy, etc,. to remain healthy. There is no well being to be had in an extreme of any kind.

Quote from their website:

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]"Even today, as the low-carb craze sweeps the nation, two-thirds of adults are still obese and children are being diagnosed with Type II diabetes, typically an