The baby that grew into Hitler.

Lurk

[ what ]
Jan 13, 2017
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
6,9 & 4
Beyond the obvious "I would let him die!" response, seriously, what would you think? I believe Hitler was the product of a perfect storm. You know his basic temperament. But...environment actually affects brain development, as the temperament of a child influences the environment that shapes him. Did baby H. sustain brain injury? Was he malnourished? Was he handled enough?

Thoughts?

I believe Hitler was the product of a perfect storm.
Agreed he was the perfect storm, however I believe it occurred in teen years. And I've never read up anywhere where Baby H himself committed murder? Instead, he convinced others to do it, and mass quantities of others. He some how learned the art of maniputlation...so no, I don't think him neglected, but spoiled, arrigant, and psychotic.

Beyond the obvious "I would let him die!" response, seriously, what would you think?
Idk. Was he severely and regularly beaten as a child? Did he fall and hit his head on the floor while he was left unattended? That might explain his odd looking eyes and face. He had that "something ain't right with that one" look about him. So I'm going with kill baby H,
I believe Hitler was the product of a perfect storm. You know his basic temperament. But...environment actually affects brain development, as the temperament of a child influences the environment that shapes him. Did baby H. sustain brain injury? Was he malnourished? Was he handled enough?
Idk but baby H reminds me of Donald Trump. I think they would get along quite well. Idk perhaps collect his bones and reanimate him and get those two chuckleheads together.

Reactions: Sandie33
Himmler and Goebbels among others were probably worse people than Hitler. Hitler basically just corralled a bunch of horrible people together.

Reactions: Sandie33
There used to be an in-depth article about this. The author took his blog down and I can't even access it via WayBackMachine, or find it in other extinct website search engines. Since there are so many nonsense blogs about INFJs clogging up search engine results, I can't find the information anywhere else right now.

In any case, there are factors in childhood experiences, socialization, nurturing (or lack thereof), and abuse that would sculpt an INFJ into a Hitler because those factors affect personality and brain development. (There are many articles on the childhoods of mass murderers, too, so that is worth researching.) I was hoping to offer quotes and evidence, and I will if I ever find it. If you read it, it would seem obvious how an INFJ could become this infamous and horrible person.

Himmler and Goebbels among others were probably worse people than Hitler. Hitler basically just corralled a bunch of horrible people together.
From Hitler's POV, he corralled a bunch of amazingly awesome people together who would help him realize his vision for an improved future. Hitler was fucked in the head, of course, and completely evil, but that was his INFJ point of view about the situation.

This is pretty awesome. It's weird when you think about it, that you never hear anything at all about Hitler's parents, or his teen years or childhood. It's as though he came into the world fully formed as an adult, with that silly reverse soul patch or whatever *(which somehow "worked" on Charlie Chaplin). What was his parents doing when their baby boy was having a lot of trouble in the world?

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33
Agreed he was the perfect storm, however I believe it occurred in teen years. And I've never read up anywhere where Baby H himself committed murder? Instead, he convinced others to do it, and mass quantities of others. He some how learned the art of maniputlation...so no, I don't think him neglected, but spoiled, arrigant, and psychotic.

Hey, I resent that! I have been totally psychotic on multiple occasions! Yet, I am a very gentle person! The most aggressive I get is telling *particular member* to please leave the forums. ;-)

Hey, I resent that! I have been totally psychotic on multiple occasions! Yet, I am a very gentle person! The most aggressive I get is telling *particular member* to please leave the forums. ;-)
Then you're the good kind. I just took her comment to mean more like, psychopathic. Even though the two are not the same thing... that's the meaning I thought she intended.

Last edited:
I'll keep looking for the paper I mentioned above. For now, I've found this information. For a topic like this, I think it is important to find facts to build a conclusion, rather than relying on emotional responses.

There is actually information out there about Hitler's upbringing and childhood.

Quote:
"This parental style was defined by Baumrind (1991) as an authoritarian style. Such a parenting style is characterized by rigidity, obedience without questions, and physical punishment. Research suggests that authoritarian parenting style is closely related to the development of aggressive personality and antisocial behaviour (Blitstein et al, 2005; Ruchkin, 2002)"

----

– There was a recent study (in the news last week) that backed the idea that "psychopaths" often have one of two upbringings, authoritarian or completely neglected. Kids brought up with parenting styles somewhere in the middle are more likely to be normal/average.

Quote:
"Hitler was described as a troubled adolescent who tended to find refuge in a world of fantasy. Historians refer to Hitler’s typical personality traits as impulsive, egocentric, cold, aggressive, unempathic, and tough-minded. This description tends to fit well into Eysenck’s (1977) theory of personality which postulates that such characteristics are indicative of a high level of Psychoticism. Eysenck’s theory states that when individuals with high levels of Psychoticism are put under great stress, the probability of developing a functional psychosis increases (Eysenck, 1997). In his more recent work, Eysenck (1998) suggests that psychoticism is also based on the cortical arousal level in the central nervous system, and subsequently is linked to conditionability and

Psychology & Society, 2011, Vol. 4 (2), 58 - 63 60

conscience development. Impulsivity would be the crucial trait in the link between conditionability and personality. Therefore, highly psychotic individuals, just like extraverts, have a low level of cortical arousal, and are less easy to condition and more prone to developing antisocial personality disorders (Eysenck, 1998; Gudjonsson, 1997).
"

----

– Gross!

Quotes:
"Findings from the Coolidge et al. (2007) study suggested that Hitler suffered from a multitude of Axis I and Axis II disorders."

"There was a consensus among the expert ratters that Hitler reached the criterion threshold for a range of personality disorders including paranoid, antisocial, narcissistic, and sadistic personality disorders; the features of which are all consistent with detailed reports of his adult life."
"...The consensus profile revealed that Hitler probably suffered from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Psychotic Thinking, and Schizophrenia-Paranoid Type. The DSM-IV (APA, 2000) symptom profile for Paranoid Schizophrenia seems to describe Hitler’s personality features extremely well."
"Additionally paranoid schizophrenia tends to be associated with anxiety, anger, aloofness, and argumentativeness. Furthermore, persecutory delusions in combination with delusions of grandiosity and feelings of anger predispose individuals to violence, while persecutory themes can leave an individual susceptible to suicidal behaviour. Individuals suffering from paranoid schizophrenia very often exhibit a patronizing and superior manner in interpersonal situations."

-----

– GROSS!

http://www.psychologyandsociety.org/__assets/__original/2012/01/Hyland_et_al.pdf

A blog post explaining why INFJ fits Hitler's personality:
https://mbtifiction.com/2014/12/01/adolf-hitler-infj/

Blog post: The Dark Side of Being an INFJ:
https://themindsjournal.com/dark-side-infj/

Blog Post:The Other Side of INFJs:
http://personalityjunkie.com/07/infj-other-side/

Quote from an unflattering editorial about INFJs

"According to psychologist and researcher Paul Wink, there are two faces of narcissism: The Overt or Grandiosity-Exhibitionism type, characterized by extraversion, self-assurance, and aggression, and The Covert or Vulnerability and Hypersensitivity type, characterized by introversion, defensiveness, anxiety, and vulnerability to life’s stressors.
Mr. Wink’s research found both sides are extraordinarily self-absorbed and share a common core of conceit, arrogance, and the tendency to give in to one's own needs and disregard others (Wink, 1991)."
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/anxiety-zen/201508/shy-sensitive-introverted-and-narcissistic

A lot of people have a knee-jerk reaction that Hitler was not an INFJ, so I included some links to show that it is possible he was. (We cannot be sure because he didn't take the test.) Part of being a human being of any type is humbly admitting that some very unlikeable people could be associated with one's group. It doesn't mean the rest of us are Hitlers. I hope the provided professional quotes give insight into the why and how of Hitler.

I'll keep looking for the paper I mentioned above. For now, I've found this information. For a topic like this, I think it is important to find facts to build a conclusion, rather than relying on emotional responses.

There is actually information out there about Hitler's upbringing and childhood.

Quote:
"This parental style was defined by Baumrind (1991) as an authoritarian style. Such a parenting style is characterized by rigidity, obedience without questions, and physical punishment. Research suggests that authoritarian parenting style is closely related to the development of aggressive personality and antisocial behaviour (Blitstein et al, 2005; Ruchkin, 2002)"

----

– There was a recent study (in the news last week) that backed the idea that "psychopaths" often have one of two upbringings, authoritarian or completely neglected. Kids brought up with parenting styles somewhere in the middle are more likely to be normal/average.

Quote:
"Hitler was described as a troubled adolescent who tended to find refuge in a world of fantasy. Historians refer to Hitler’s typical personality traits as impulsive, egocentric, cold, aggressive, unempathic, and tough-minded. This description tends to fit well into Eysenck’s (1977) theory of personality which postulates that such characteristics are indicative of a high level of Psychoticism. Eysenck’s theory states that when individuals with high levels of Psychoticism are put under great stress, the probability of developing a functional psychosis increases (Eysenck, 1997). In his more recent work, Eysenck (1998) suggests that psychoticism is also based on the cortical arousal level in the central nervous system, and subsequently is linked to conditionability and

Psychology & Society, 2011, Vol. 4 (2), 58 - 63 60

conscience development. Impulsivity would be the crucial trait in the link between conditionability and personality. Therefore, highly psychotic individuals, just like extraverts, have a low level of cortical arousal, and are less easy to condition and more prone to developing antisocial personality disorders (Eysenck, 1998; Gudjonsson, 1997).
"

----

– Gross!

Quotes:
"Findings from the Coolidge et al. (2007) study suggested that Hitler suffered from a multitude of Axis I and Axis II disorders."

"There was a consensus among the expert ratters that Hitler reached the criterion threshold for a range of personality disorders including paranoid, antisocial, narcissistic, and sadistic personality disorders; the features of which are all consistent with detailed reports of his adult life."
"...The consensus profile revealed that Hitler probably suffered from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Psychotic Thinking, and Schizophrenia-Paranoid Type. The DSM-IV (APA, 2000) symptom profile for Paranoid Schizophrenia seems to describe Hitler’s personality features extremely well."
"Additionally paranoid schizophrenia tends to be associated with anxiety, anger, aloofness, and argumentativeness. Furthermore, persecutory delusions in combination with delusions of grandiosity and feelings of anger predispose individuals to violence, while persecutory themes can leave an individual susceptible to suicidal behaviour. Individuals suffering from paranoid schizophrenia very often exhibit a patronizing and superior manner in interpersonal situations."

-----

– GROSS!

http://www.psychologyandsociety.org/__assets/__original/2012/01/Hyland_et_al.pdf

A blog post explaining why INFJ fits Hitler's personality:
https://mbtifiction.com/2014/12/01/adolf-hitler-infj/

Blog post: The Dark Side of Being an INFJ:
https://themindsjournal.com/dark-side-infj/

Blog Post:The Other Side of INFJs:
http://personalityjunkie.com/07/infj-other-side/

Quote from an unflattering editorial about INFJs

"According to psychologist and researcher Paul Wink, there are two faces of narcissism: The Overt or Grandiosity-Exhibitionism type, characterized by extraversion, self-assurance, and aggression, and The Covert or Vulnerability and Hypersensitivity type, characterized by introversion, defensiveness, anxiety, and vulnerability to life’s stressors.
Mr. Wink’s research found both sides are extraordinarily self-absorbed and share a common core of conceit, arrogance, and the tendency to give in to one's own needs and disregard others (Wink, 1991)."
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/anxiety-zen/201508/shy-sensitive-introverted-and-narcissistic

A lot of people have a knee-jerk reaction that Hitler was not an INFJ, so I included some links to show that it is possible he was. (We cannot be sure because he didn't take the test.) Part of being a human being of any type is humbly admitting that some very unlikeable people could be associated with one's group. It doesn't mean the rest of us are Hitlers. I hope the provided professional quotes give insight into the why and how of Hitler.
Are you commenting "Gross!" Or is that part of the copy/paste? Interesting info though.

Reactions: Wyote
This is pretty awesome. It's weird when you think about it, that you never hear anything at all about Hitler's parents, or his teen years or childhood. It's as though he came into the world fully formed as an adult, with that silly reverse soul patch or whatever *(which somehow "worked" on Charlie Chaplin). What was his parents doing when their baby boy was having a lot of trouble in the world?
Thanks for that. Great stuff. So, should he live or die?

@acd – I'm commenting gross. LOL LOL! I put the quotes in italics and tried to separate with dashed lines. Hahahaha.
Hitler is disgusting.

Reactions: Wyote
@acd – I'm commenting gross. LOL LOL! I put the quotes in italics and tried to separate with dashed lines. Hahahaha.
Hitler is disgusting.
Yes what he did was horrific and disgusting. Beyond those adjectives, really. There are plenty of people with mental health issues who don't turn into Hitler or murderers. Not saying I want to go hang out with any psychopaths. though.. always good to be cautious anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa
His actions were horrific and disgusting. Beyond those adjectives, really. There are plenty of people with mental health issues who don't turn into Hitler or murderers. Not saying I want to go hang out with any psychopaths etc. though.. always good to be cautious anyway.

I am not a fucking psychopath!!!!