Symbology & Sentimentality | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Symbology & Sentimentality

I have started a scrapbook called "souls I've met and experiences I've had" and now that I'm explaining it, it actually sounds like a serial killers souvenir scrapbook lol but I put in gifts people have given me, ticket stubs, etc. To have a physical manifestation that "captures" my history . I can pick up this book and just be completely amazed by everyone I've met and things I've done and it's easy and quick to go through whereas my own memory is flawed.

I also have a book that's "compete the sentence with two or less words" which is actually based on an intake form they used at the prison they kept ted bundy at, I just copied it.

It's

" I feel ___.
Most of the time I ______.
I am _____."

I forget all the questions. Most people I meet I ask if they want to participate in an art project, they fill it out, and name and age is optional. It's interesting over time to see who repeats the same answers. Two of my good friends both put "I am god". It was so funny to me because they had never met and they didn't see anyone else's answers; that's one of the rules, though I let people look though it after if they want to. It's so cool to look through and see all of the people I've met and patterns, etc.

Not sure how I missed this thread. Great discussion happened here. Almost every physical item in my life has meaning. I'm careful to only keep things that provide value or meaning. I have an affinity and aptitude with using images.

The commits around having Demon Si seem very accurate. I think I give physical things meaning and significance and come back to them at times. I also I do not like to remember the details but just the general theme or story of things. I love to arrange things visually so they make sense.

Last year I went thru my house and got rid of a lot of stuff that had accumulated since my teens. It was a fun romp to go thru and look at why I had kept some of these items. But it was also very important to me to let them go. Burn the forest for growth.