Stranger danger? | INFJ Forum

Stranger danger?

isabellajay

On Holiday
May 3, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
What's your opinion on giving your number to or asking for the number of a complete stranger?
Just had my first experience with that and I probably could've handled it better.

Reactions: rawr
I dunno. When does somebody stop being a complete stranger? How many hours does it take? :p

I mean if somebody walks up on the street and says "plz to be giving me ur phone number" that would be kind of weird! But how much time do you have to spend with somebody before it becomes unweird? Does a few hours at a club count? Do only people you work with or go to school with count?

If you talked to them and liked them enough and think they seem sane, then might as well in my opinion.

Some guy legitimately walked up to me and put his phone in my face. I just have to feel like I know a little bit about them. I have to get good vibes. I feel bad cause I just said, "Uh...no. I don't know you." He might've been cute but I don't know him. Plenty of people thought Ted Bundy was cute and he was a sociopath. That is an extreme example but still...

Some guy legitimately walked up to me and put his phone in my face. I just have to feel like I know a little bit about them. I have to get good vibes. I feel bad cause I just said, "Uh...no. I don't know you." He might've been cute but I don't know him. Plenty of people thought Ted Bundy was cute and he was a sociopath. That is an extreme example but still...

Was he cute? :D

I probably would have done the same. That's kind of weird, because not only do you not know them, one would hope that they also don't know you either, which makes it indiscriminate. o.o

Honestly I'm paranoid about phone numbers. Like when you order pizza and they ask for your phone number. What if this kid on the other end writes it down and calls me later?
33ufomp.jpg

Reactions: isabellajay
[MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] he actually was. But I am not good with boys and therefore, his presence alone disrupted my ability to function. I don't want to date a random guy, but I don't want to damage his pride or anything. When I said no, he responded with, "Am I not good looking or something?" Perhaps that was enough for me to know he was a butthead. [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] hahaha too good. I do the exact same thing.

Reactions: barbad0s
[MENTION=8332]isabellajay[/MENTION]
Hehe well in reality I dislike phones. Somebody has to be sufficiently awesome for me to speak to them on one. In reality I typically don't order pizza either - I've done it before but it was like pulling teeth. Rather starve first!

However I know I'm comfortable with somebody on the phone when I can talk to them for eight hours because neither one will hang up first.

"But I am not good with boys and therefore, his presence alone disrupted my ability to function." LOL xD

Trololololooo that does sound like a butthead comment! It's okay, it sounds like his pride will hold up LOL. You probably aren't missing out.

Thank heavens I have you guys to help me navigate through Toolville. [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] :hug:

If you don't want to hurt feelings next time you can say "Sorry, I have a boyfriend" or "Sorry, (even though you're cute,) I don't give my number out to strangers". In the moment you may feel flustered, but practice makes perfect and over time it'll be easier.

Some guys cut to the chase because they're playing the numbers game. The thinking is: Knock on enough doors and someone will invite you in. For every so many girls who are turned off by his approach, someone will be receptive. Not necessarily a psychopath, just a man on a mission and probably an extrovert. :)

Some guys cut to the chase because they're playing the numbers game. The thinking is: Knock on enough doors and someone will invite you in. For every so many girls who are turned off by his approach, someone will be receptive. Not necessarily a psychopath, just a man on a mission and probably an extrovert. :)

AGGH Extroverts! NOOOOOOO! *goes in shell and locks the door*
29vl2d3.jpg

Hehe well in reality I dislike phones. Somebody has to be sufficiently awesome for me to speak to them on one. In reality I typically don't order pizza either - I've done it before but it was like pulling teeth. Rather starve first!

online ordering ftw!

i never answer my phone (when i knew where it was), so i offer some other social media site or email.

online ordering ftw!

i never answer my phone (when i knew where it was), so i offer some other social media site or email.

I think the last time I ordered something over the phone, online ordering didn't exist yet. Or at least it was incredibly hard to come by.

Toolvillle... Lol

Giving out your phone number incautiously is the old-school version of inviting spam.

I had to call the police on a girl who would not stop phoning, texting, mms-ing, etc. me. I was getting more than 20 sms's a day on my personal/private phone.

I think the last time I ordered something over the phone, online ordering didn't exist yet. Or at least it was incredibly hard to come by.

Even ordering a pizza for delivery, I now do online.

Sounds like you made the right choice. Although a knee to the groin wouldn't have been a bad idea.

I seriously want to have a big INFJ gathering and we can all make each other do things we don't want to do (like a large gathering...). It'd be hilarious. We'd order pizza and...talk to random people (AH!) and a bunch of other scary stuff. Seriously, all the comments on here made my night. [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION] I've always wanted to do that. The closest I've gotten though is slapping a guy who tried to kiss me. It rocked.

Last edited: