Staying healthy | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Staying healthy

I just run two to three miles a night. Thats it, I might do some pushups etc, but not really.

The running is offset by the fact I have to sit for 13 hours a day at scchool/work combined and do not have the time (nor will, frankly) to make my own food.

Just cardio on the elliptical for 30 minutes x5 days in the morning before class. I also started doing 8 minute abs and push-ups. I've noticed improvement already after a couple of weeks with the abs and push-ups.

I eat in the dining hall so whatever I feel is the healthiest option, I eat. Although, in the morning, it is always 2 pieces of toast with strawberry jam, yogurt with granola and coffee.

[MENTION=2259]Kmal[/MENTION]

... I don't think being in ketosis and doing extensive cardio is healthy.
I am fairly certain that in the health world this is preached against.

When I did the whole ketosis thing all sources suggested strongly staying
away from cardio as your body only has energy reserves and isn't
storing any new.

Anyway, I eat a clean diet and workout regularly. I also make sure I practice
good hygiene, write for mental health, read for mental health, and get plenty
of sleep.

I also surround myself with good and positive relationships.

Just personally:
1. 'fitness' as people commonly define it doesn't necessarily equal 'health'. People too often refer to aesthetic body shape rather than how the body is functioning.
2. I minimize processed foods as much as I can.
3. Raw vegetables and fruits.
4. Avoid metal food containers and cookware where possible, especially aluminum.
5. Water. Food is for eating, not drinking.

I find the idea that certain foods can promote chakra health somewhat absurd, especially considering that one of their recommendations for the solar plexus includes dairy. A large number of people on this planet are lactose intolerant, so I don't think they can give a universal recommendation based on that.