Start Well, End Well

Poetic Justice

Meh
Donor
Dec 12, 2008
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
When you wake up in the morning say out loud to yourself one thing you're looking forward to today. Say it like an affirmation i.e. "i am looking forward to...."

Before bed everyday say out loud to yourself one thing you are thankful for that day. "I am thankful for..."

Or.... just post it here

This morning, I woke up like... "yes, let's enjoy today!" however... that didn't really work so well o.o
Tonight, as always, I will be thankful for the imagination I have and thankful for the special people in my life ^.^

I woke up thinking "I'm glad there is still 5 minutes before I officially wake up"
And this night I'll probably like "2:31 am? wtf brain shut up and let me sleep"

Everyday I ask myself what I'd do if I knew actually doing it would help make my dreams a reality. Then I list at least five and make sure to do them.

Reactions: Trifoilum
Everyday I ask myself what I'd do if I knew actually doing it would help make my dreams a reality. Then I list at least five and make sure to do them.

You actually do this everyday? I'm impressed. I tend to go through phases of doing this sort of thing and not bothering

Today I am looking forward to sharing a piece of my typical day with my loved one and then going to have a nice lunch and some good beer with him.

(I didn't just get up, but I did just see this thread, so a midday affirmation will have to do)

You actually do this everyday? I'm impressed. I tend to go through phases of doing this sort of thing and not bothering

Yes. I mean, there are days where it doesn't happen because of unforeseen circumstances but generally it's a daily plan and I follow through on it. I've no clue how other people achieve the things they want out of life but, for me, it's just about maintaining a consistent momentum every day in terms of my habits and thought processes. As the old saying goes - you build a wall one brick at a time. And my main goal every day is just to lay one brick.

When I get lazy about that, I will very quickly descend into a bad place. I get apathetic, depressed, resort to unhealthy ways of getting my needs met, etc. The de-evolution can be frighteningly rapid and there've been times in my life where I'll "come to" after just a few weeks to a messy home, whiskey bottles and dirty clothes strewn all around, phone off the hook, curtains drawn. I'll skip my workouts, stay up till 4am, eat garbage and just generally feel like hell and have to pull myself out of the abyss. It's my responsibility to keep the momentum going the other direction and that has been more productive, exciting and helpful than any SSRI / therapy combo.