Star Wars Games Revamped | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Star Wars Games Revamped

can you list all the star wars rpgs by by titles?

It's not hard.

KOTOR,
KOTOR 2,
Galaxies.

Anything else is either unnofficial (not by lucas arts) or is really stretching the definition of rpg.

there are far more.

Never heard of kyle katarn?

Dark Forces is a typical FPS. It's sequels are action/adventure games.

Not RPG's.

Jedi Academy maybe, but it's definitely stretching the definition.

It's the story that's important, can change the fps to rpgs when you're revamping it.

It's the story that's important, can change the fps to rpgs when you're revamping it.

RPG's are role playing games. To have that you need choices. Otherwise it's just an adventure game.

If we use your wider specifications though:

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight,
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast,
Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy,
Episode I: The Phantom Menace,
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith,
KOTOR,
KOTOR II,
Galaxies,
The Force Unleashed.

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
KotOR

All these could be rpg revamped

Along with a few new titles
Sith Legends
Lost Master

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
KotOR

All these could be rpg revamped

Along with a few new titles
Sith Legends
Lost Master

If you're talking about remaking into RPG's, then the best Star Wars games to do this would be the Rogue Squadron series.

You could merge them all into one epic adventure, add more planets, side missions, and give the player the choice of where to go.

It'll be like Kotor meets Tie Fighter with the air to ground elements of the Starfighter series.

Edit: The recent SW game trend has been too Jedi focused. Where's the Han Solo-ness that helped set up Star Wars to be more than just swords in space?

Last edited:
kotor, kotor 2, rogue squadron

Don't forget about that Bounty Hunter game for PS2. Okay, actually it really wasn't that good, but I hardly thought it was as bad as everyone made it out to be.

Edit: The recent SW game trend has been too Jedi focused. Where's the Han Solo-ness that helped set up Star Wars to be more than just swords in space?
That's where Dash Rendar comes in with Shadows of the Empire. He's that other Han Solo dude.

Give me a new western Star Wars RPG, the SW universe is massive enough for another new game.

Though I would mind to see these games updated or sequaled.

Kotor
Risk: Star Wars edition
Jedi Academy

That's where Dash Rendar comes in with Shadows of the Empire. He's that other Han Solo dude.

Same with Kyle Katarn, even when they wrote him as being force sensitive he always seemed more comfortable with his wits and guns. 'Till Jedi Academy of course.

But those are old games now. Hell even Battlefront II started going down the "everybody can be jedi" route and that's 5 years old.

Here is the proof of the new Star Wars MMO being a fully voiced dialogued RPG.

[youtube]E7WHHQokRGs[/youtube]

/Holds back rant.

Seriously? This thing looks utterly amazing!

It's trying to be a single player MMO, there are reasons that this won't work.

As a single player RPG it would be a couple of steps back from KOTOR. Character classes are too specific with not enough to make your character your own. The game will likely be too long, i.e. grindy, to justify itself as an MMO. You start off as Sith or Republic, good or bad, there's no development of character.

As an MMO you have a world of problems. First being that it's going to be completely soloable which defeats the point of an MMO. Every 12 - 14 year old (which you will have to share the game with) will be going as the Sith force classes, creating major balance issues. Jedi classes will feel underpowered while non jedi will be overpowered, ruining immersion. And while the story will hail you as the hero of the galaxy in the end you'll get that nagging feeling that every other fucker has done the same.

That said I wouldn't mind sorting out a group to play through the story with at least once and then just leaving the game.

Thank goodness I don't have money to buy a new PC right now or else I'd fail next semester for sure.

I'm going Jedi on whatever server Shai plays on, so I can grief his Sith Lord and crush his dreams of galactic supremacy. :) You with me?

Yes.

Trooper class for me.

That's kinda funny. BOTH of my ISTP friends are only interested in the Trooper class.

I think there's definitely something to gaming psychology.

Personally I just wanna humiliate the sith kiddies.