Permanent Fixture
Jan 19, 2012
MBTI
MEGA
Enneagram
MAN
Last edited:
I don't know where to begin.
Just watch the Plinkett reviews and chances are he's covered it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Disney producing them now though. :/
I am looking forward to them- but I don't know what to expect now that George Lucas is out of the picture D:

George Lucas is now a large shareholder of Disney because of the sale of the Star Wars trilogies. he'll still be on-board for input, which is nice

it was George Lucas who first thought of Star Wars so i give him lots and lots of credit for making my childhood soo damn awesome!!

if it wasn't for George, we wouldn't have an Obi-wan or Skywalker or Slave Leia ;)

so, he may have screwed up with Jar-Jar and a few other things, but it was his original work so let the Picasso screw his own work up..
it was nice to have the bad guys (kinda) win in episode III. the rise of Darth Vader, very nice :)

i just wonder what direction Disney will take it now that they own it.. and of course, Slave Leia in the Princess line-up :)

I'm not sure how I feel about it, however, I'd obviously watch it anyway.
I pretend that prequels (1,2,3 episodes) haven't happened :tape: When I rewatch StarWars I still skip those or let them play on the background. I'm a bit afraid that the new stuff won't be great but with lower expectations I might enjoy it, who knows. I'll be waiting.

Disney. That is all.

No George Lucas? That's a relief. I'm sorry to say this but that man is a pretty bad director. He has great ideas, but it's best to let someone else bring those ideas to life. What if they get JJ Abrams to direct the next movie?

Actually I change my mind, since apparently Disney owns Marvel and The Avengers was pretty solid (though I think part of that was Joss Whedon's directing).

I just have the feeling it's going to have little to no edge to it and be nothing but marketing schlock for little kids; or maybe they'll surprise us and it won't be? Who knows...

Disney. That is all.

It really can't get much worse than 'I don't like sand' or 'No, it's because I'm so in love with you'.

Seriously, how could anything possibly get more awkward? I don't think I've ever seen another film, Disney or otherwise, that made me feel so embarrassed for the actors.

I predict that the next Star Wars films will be a remake of Lord Of The Rings. Everyone will line up for miles to see them, and they will come out glowing and saying that Star Wars is good again. The films will get well over 90% tomatometer ratings. Some people will say they suck on youtube, but their reasons will be weak attacks on plot points and minutia that nobody ever cares about, and they'll have zero credibility. Nobody will care that they've seen it before, because it will be in space and have lightsabers... and the story is a good one.

Either that or they'll rip off some old Kurosawa films like Lucas did for the first one-- which is not an altogether terrible idea.

Both of these ideas are better than allowing Lucas to continue on his own.

[MENTION=5090]Apon[/MENTION] True, I supposed I'm just being too cynical after so much butchering of the series. Guess I'll wait and see how they are in 2015.

borrowed from Reddit:
relevant:
93CWih.jpg

They acquired all of Lucasfilm (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.), LucasArts, Skywalkwer Sound, and ILM.

I'll reserve judgment until they produce the slew of films they're bound to produce, but my immediate thoughts are with the staff in the bay area and all the undeveloped properties Lucas owned. Layoffs are inevitable. All of those properties are going to be exploited because that's what a good business does.

Just an interesting acquisition for them, especially after Marvel.

They should make a sequel set years after the events of Empire Strikes Back.

I actually fist-pumped when I heard the this news; it's the best thing that has happened to the franchise in too long.