Smoothie Recipes and Reviews | INFJ Forum

Smoothie Recipes and Reviews

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
I just bought a blender with my mom the other day since we have never owned one before. Now I can crush nuts not only figuratively but literally!

If you have made up or found any good smoothie recipes, please share and leave your opinions ^_^ !

I put this in the imagination section because you have to give your smoothie recipe a descriptive name to make things fancier OR re-name other ones you've tried, e.g. if you found a recipe named "Orange Dream" that turned out to be really bad once you tried it, post it here and re-name it "Ladle of Sewage". Or if you try my blueberry bush recipe and think it sux, you can re-name it "Backyard Compost".

Reveiwing bad recipes also benefits others by letting everyone know what works in a mixture and what doesn't.

This is the 2nd smoothie I made using this blender (the first smoothie I made I blended almond milk, blueberries, and plain whey iso and it tasted kind of bad), but this one is delicious and still healthy!:

-----------------

Blueberry Bush

(the only accurate measurement on here is the spinach cuz I dumped the whole package in.. the rest are estimations)

Makes 2 servings

- handful of ice
- 1.5 cups blueberries (this and the last thing are adapted from what i actually did which is 3 niffer handfuls (i have big hands) of blueberries and a handful of frozen blueberries imprisoned in a chunk of ice)
- 200g spinach
- 2 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp matcha powder (ceremonial green tea powder)
- 3/4 cup water

I thought this was plenty sweet enough but I let my dad try some and he said it was not sweet. I drink black coffee and my dad has type 2 diabeetus, so that should give you a good reference on whether or not you might want to add more blueberries or sweetener or something.

Reactions: Quiet and rawr
I looove smoothies. So easy to get good stuff in them too. My go to breakfast smoothie is the following right now since I have a giant bag of frozen figs from Costco.

2 frozen figs
4 frozen strawberries
small handful of blueberries (maybe about 1/4 cup or so)
1 tbsp greek yogurt
1/4 cup oats
2 tbsp hemp hearts
handful of baby spinach
a couple ice cubes if desired
enough water to blend

This is super filling from the oats and hemp hearts which blend right up and get nice and creamy. I've also made this without the yogurt and using almond milk instead of the water to blend with yummy results.

Reactions: barbad0s
I put raw oatmeal in mine, natures broom, lowers cholesterol, battles toxins, is good for the skin, and has a host of other positive healthy things associated with it, plus, it keeps everything running smoothly, which becomes important when your junk starts to get old :becky: I also use yogurt. I don't like ice so I use frozen fruit, same effect.

Go for traditional too. Good old fashioned, crushed ice, bananas, strawberry, orange juice and a little lime or pineapple to add a little tangy flavor.

[mods]thread moved to Health & Wellness subforum[/mods]

carry on.

Fatty, Fruity and Just Fine

I try to be careful about smoothies because depending on their content they can deliver things to your blood stream too fast and will cause insulin spikes and also crashes... And this can end up triggering a bit of anxiety. That said, I do have smoothies once in a while that look like this:

1 cup frozen mixed berries (only dark berries like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries to keep the sugar content low)
1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
28g vegan (I am not a vegan but don't want soy/gluten shit in my smoothies) protein powder
1tbs coconut oil.

Very basic. Comes out very thick and delicious and fills a normal sized coffee mug. I drink it while I get ready in the morning or on days when I haven't eaten enough just so I can get some quick nurtients in me.

While I have many smoothie recipes, the following is a very rare treat.

One quarter of a bottle of whiskey
Half a tub of ice cream
A glass of Bailey's Irish Cream
A handful of strawberries and blueberries
A smidgen of honey.

I call it...actually, I usually black out before I can give it a name.

Strawberries, raspberries, peach and mango in whatever proportion will yield 16-20 oz. I prefer frozen only because I like my smoothies frosty, and nutrient-loss be damned. Sometimes I might throw in a banana for the potassium to prevent exercise cramps.

Pineapple Cilantro Green Smoothie
or
Tropical Monster

1 cup water
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup cilantro (or a small bunch, I usually just eyeball it keeping in mind the stuff is STRONG)
1 up to 2 cups of greens (baby spinach or kale)
1 cup chopped frozen pineapple
about a 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
1/4 of an avocado

Blend well to combine

I made this today, it was amazing. I happen to love cilantro though. I think next time I might add some more lime juice.

Reactions: barbad0s