Shyness | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Shyness

Go get a job working with the public. Being a cashier helped out my social skills a little bit, even if all of my coworkers think I'm weird (as far as I know most of them still like me, though).
my exact same story actually. 0_o. i'm new to these forums, and i'm used to being the odd man out, but . . . . i kind of like not being the only oddball for a change.

Everyone, thank you for your responses ^-^ !

In my case, my shyness has a lot to do with feeling inferior and uncomfortable around certain people in some situations.

I'm reading golden tips and words of advice in here, so thanks again !

In my case, my shyness has a lot to do with feeling inferior and uncomfortable around certain people in some situations.

BAH! never feel inferior!! You are an amazing individual, and if anyone says otherwise, it is proof conclusive that they are an idiot not worthy of your attention. Now, please reference the quote below.

In what way do you feel inferior?

Wish I could help, but I've NEVER been shy. My sister was, but she started to grow out of it once she began attending school.

I guess that means you should take everyone's suggestions about getting a public job; being forced to interact seemed to help my sis.

I think everyone who has posted thus far has the right idea. Practise makes perfect. Expose yourself to situations where you must interact with other people; eventually you'll get comfortable with the idea.

Although, there is one thing I noticed about most introverted types. We tend to focus so much on ourselves when we're interacting with other people that half the time, we're not even full engaged in the conversation. We're constantly worrying about how we come across to others; trying not to say anything stupid; trying not to blush; not to fidget; trying to decipher if the other person is thinking anything negatively about us; fixating on words or gestures, trying to figure out if the other person 'means' anything by it.

Try focusing on the other person for a change. Pay close attention to their facial expressions, the way they're pronouncing their words and modifying their voice; their body language. Focus on making them feel comfortable in your company, and you'll relax a bit more too.