Shoot First, Ask Questions Later Police Mentality | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Shoot First, Ask Questions Later Police Mentality

All you have to do is what the police say and you wont get shot. Yes there may one or two instances of an unstable police officer shooting anyone regardless of color. But hey what it really comes down to is that if you dont comply fully you may not go home regardless of what color you are.

Reactions: Sriracha
This one hits close to home because I was stopped in St. Paul for a nonfunctional taillight.

Inasmuch as I am posting this, I was not shot and killed. I wasn’t even ticketed.

To be fair, if and when I am pulled over, I make sure the police officer can see both my hands, and I ask permission and announce intention if I need to do anything with them.

No one needed to die, but Philando Castile did. WTF? Because he was reaching for his license? Why was that interpreted otherwise? Why do we have such poor risk-assessment?

And must the response always be extreme and punitive?

Was he killed in part because he was black and this is the United States of America? I’m disgusted at that thought. I know it happens, but I don’t ever want to adjust to that and be comfortable with the idea of it.

When I was 32 I had just gotten clean and sober and was beginning to figure myself and my life out for the first time.

What was Philando doing?

I’m crying at the front desk again.

We Are Lost,
Ian

He had a gun in his back pocket or so it is reported. He didnt announce he had a gun and reaching toward it, whether to get his license or not... well thats why he was shot.

Reactions: PintoBean
He had a gun in his back pocket or so it is reported. He didnt announce he had a gun and reaching toward it, whether to get his license or not... well thats why he was shot.

Unfortunately that is not always the case. People on both sides of this type of situation sometimes overreact because of fear and misunderstanding and there have been many documented cases where people did what was asked of them and were killed.
Fear breeds fear. You can tell from the officer's voice that he knew he had screwed up. Likely two basically decent enough human beings ended up in this fateful encounter out of pure fear bred by misunderstanding and social conditioning...and the fact that Americans are allowed to carry concealed weapons.

I do agree that you need to do exactly what the officer tells you to do, without exception. You should also never keep your gun near your license or your registration because if you are pulled over you need to make it clear to the officer, "My legal gun is over here, and my license is over here. May I reach for my license?" And then only reach for said license when the officer tells you to do so. It is easier to avoid confusion if the gun is nowhere near the ID or paperwork.

This is what Lavish Reynolds said about the officer's knowledge of the legal gun and the wallet. So, according to her, he did announce he had a legal gun, and did announce he was reaching for the wallet.

"He's licensed to carry and was trying to get out his ID and his wallet out his [pocket] and he let the officer know he had a firearm, and he was reaching for his wallet," Reynolds said, attempting to piece together her thoughts.

A few of my childhood friends are cops and one engaged in conversation on my FB about this yesterday, which was very brave because a lot of my friends were lashing out at him. He actually spoke out against the brotherhood and admitted this (current situation with innocent people getting shot) is a problem, and that it needs to stop. He talked about "bad" cops, corruption, and why cops shoot to kill.
There was also a point raised that ex-military people who want to be police should be fully re-trained for life as police, because military training is different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
All you have to do is what the police say and you wont get shot. Yes there may one or two instances of an unstable police officer shooting anyone regardless of color. But hey what it really comes down to is that if you dont comply fully you may not go home regardless of what color you are.
Philando Castile did announce to the officer that he had a legal gun. He asked permission to get his wallet. He was compliant!! This officer was a complete spaz and shot him anyway. Maybe it was due to him being afraid of an armed African American (who did not threaten him at all!)

No one should lose their life over a damn busted tail light. I hope this cop rots.

Reactions: Kgal
Philando Castile did announce to the officer that he had a legal gun. He asked permission to get his wallet. He was compliant!! This officer was a complete spaz and shot him anyway. Maybe it was due to him being afraid of an armed African American (who did not threaten him at all!)

No one should lose their life over a damn busted tail light. I hope this cop rots.

Ok I did not see that. Where did you get this information?

Unfortunately that is not always the case. People on both sides of this type of situation sometimes overreact because of fear and misunderstanding and there have been many documented cases where people did what was asked of them and were killed.
Fear breeds fear. You can tell from the officer's voice that he knew he had screwed up. Likely two basically decent enough human beings ended up in this fateful encounter out of pure fear bred by misunderstanding and social conditioning...and the fact that Americans are allowed to carry concealed weapons.
Being able to carry a concealed weapon is the RIGHT of law abiding Americans. If this person was shot after announcing he had a gun, the officer is a murderer. But being able to carry concealed or at all isnt the culprit.

Ok I did not see that. Where did you get this information?
It's in almost every write up. I also heard it on news radio. I haven't listened to or watched the actual recording the gf took of the shooting because I can't stomach it. But the info is out there.

Anyway, I agree with your post to @La Sagna.. gun ownership isn't the problem. The officer is a murderer. Let's not turn this into a gun control debate! That is not the issue. So now Americans shouldn't own guns because an officer might flip out and shoot them for it? Supposedly, officers are vetted, they go through psychological testing and they go through rigorous training so that they don't murder innocent people. This is inexcusable.

Last edited:
[MENTION=564]acd[/MENTION] I agree with you that this officer murdered this young man and he should be charged. However, even decent human beings react the wrong way out of fear. This doesn't change that he should face the consequences of his actions, and of course the way the system is he will be treated much much easier than if a black man killed someone out of fear. Policemen don't receive enough of the proper training for the type of situations that they may end up facing.

Eventhorizon, whatever your beliefs are about the rights of Americans to carry a concealed weapon, if you don't see how this fact contributed to this situation you are not thinking logically. The psychological impact of knowing that it is not uncommon for people in the US to carry weapons has to affect the mindset and reactions of police officers. They're humans, they fear for their lives too. Also, if the man who was shot wasn't carrying a concealed weapon he would more than likely never have been shot.

We shouldn't have to give up our freedoms to feel safer or be safer from those sworn to protect citizens, [MENTION=9809]La Sagna[/MENTION]. Stating that this man may not have been shot if he wasn't carrying a gun is like blaming the victim. It wasn't his responsibility to not get shot. The officer is solely responsible for his actions.

Last edited:
We shouldn't have to give up our freedoms to feel safer or be safer from those sworn to protect citizens, [MENTION=9809]La Sagna[/MENTION]. Stating that this man may not have been shot if he wasn't carrying a gun is like blaming the victim. It wasn't his responsibility to not get shot. The officer is solely responsible for his actions.

I wasn't blaming anyone, just stating a cause and effect logical reasoning.
There are a lot of things we shouldn't have to do to be safe. That is just wishful thinking.

None of my observations have anything to do with absolving the police officer. Ultimately he has to be held responsible for his actions. I am also in no way blaming the victim, more the culture (not black culture, American culture) and the laws.

Reactions: invisible
Fucking disgusting human. Not even a day after the murders and she says this.

Justifying violence and violent rhetoric, pandering to violent groups. If you vote for this woman, you ought to be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

oue4il9kd38x.png

[MENTION=564]acd[/MENTION] I agree with you that this officer murdered this young man and he should be charged. However, even decent human beings react the wrong way out of fear. This doesn't change that he should face the consequences of his actions, and of course the way the system is he will be treated much much easier than if a black man killed someone out of fear. Policemen don't receive enough of the proper training for the type of situations that they may end up facing.

Eventhorizon, whatever your beliefs are about the rights of Americans to carry a concealed weapon, if you don't see how this fact contributed to this situation you are not thinking logically. The psychological impact of knowing that it is not uncommon for people in the US to carry weapons has to affect the mindset and reactions of police officers. They're humans, they fear for their lives too. Also, if the man who was shot wasn't carrying a concealed weapon he would more than likely never have been shot.

Sorry, you are drawing your own conclusions that are not supported by anything other than what you think. Maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong but theres no data to support the idea the officers are driven by fear that people can carry concealed weapons.

As for my beliefs about Americans right to carry concealed, its not a belief, its a fact.

I find it hard to believe the man that did most of the shooting served his country six years. He obviously just did it for the money and insurance. This was premeditated. It was planned. It was committed by someone that took an oath to serve and protect. Anyone doing such a thing is out of touch with reality. Doing something that might turn up the boiling point is flat stupid. I call him stupid because, with his training, he is held to a higher standard. Tell me what exactly did he expect to accomplish? The pen is mightier than the sword, unless a person is just stupid.

Gathering in the streets can lead to almost anything. Tension in the air before it starts. Hillary Clinton? Wisdom is justified of all her children, which can be taken both ways. Stupid. How many votes can I get?

People need to listen. They can block the roads, turn off the power, shut down the water, stop the cell phones, can't buy gas, close the banks, stop the railroad, stop all flights, let your trash and dung pile up in your noses, and so many other things. Act like a man. Stop doing stupid things. I really think this needs to end now. If you don't want it to be racial, stop making it racial.

I cut the face and name of the person who said this out. I did it because it is not the color of the human or the name of the human or the country of origin of the human that is important. It is the words that are true.

Last edited:

I cut the face and name of the person who said this out. I did it because it is not the color of the human or the name of the human or the country of origin of the human that is important. It is the words that are true.

Dont agree tbat love comes naturally.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit